TylerLantern first online match (video)

Not impressed.

The Kung Lao he faced: zero wake-up spins. Zero spins period. Of course you can close in space on a Kung Lao with 0 oki. The reason why Kung Lao is dangerous is that he makes you fear any approach due to his impossibility to be read. 11 low hat, 11 spin, 11 tele, 11 dive kick. If Kung Lao does none of that he's basically just "Stuntman" in this game.

The Kano he faced was even worse. His only offense was spins and x-rays. The spins weren't part of a punish, they were just random input spins that any tourney play would block and punish with their eyes closed. The x-ray was painfully obvious to see coming, especially it being Kano's. On top of that, he didn't even dash block a sub zero. Replay the video, he just jumped back and forth like my dad does when he plays with me. Anyone half decent knows never to jump back against a Sub Zero. It's a 99% guaranteed slide.

Overall, the opponent was pretty awful. And I'd give Tyler credit if he took advantage of the fact that he was awful and punished his mistakes. But he didn't. He played with just as many mistakes, but he just knew the more damaging combos.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling TylerLantern a scrub. But watching the PDP National tourney all weekend, I can safely say he'd get wrecked at any major MK tournament right now. He's got the BnB's down for both characters. And, sure, that makes the gameplay look nice. But his anticipation is pretty lackluster.

If you want to attribute that to online lag, go for it.

This
10 char

man.. i swear.. in nearly every one of your post's you mention 'tom brady'
tom brady this, tom brady that.. seriously.. whats the deal?

Try not to be ignorant about the person then maybe you will see his significance and his contribution to the game.

Try not to be ignorant about the person then maybe you will see his significance and his contribution to the game.

how am i ignorant? there's no ignorance here, i am aware of who he is and what he does, (maybe not to the extent you do), but does every post have to have a correlation with him? it seems irrelevant most of the time, just like name dropping.

I get tired of seeing tom brady too, and I know all he's done with this game as a tester, also winner of powerup 2011.

I do think lantern and Check should've filled that gap though, they discovered a lot of stuff we couldn't imagine with this game. Even Hector Sanchez mentioned Check in a mkast.

I get tired of seeing tom brady too, and I know all he's done with this game as a tester, also winner of powerup 2011.

I do think lantern and Check should've filled that gap though, they discovered a lot of stuff we couldn't imagine with this game. Even Hector Sanchez mentioned Check in a mkast.

He was mentioned because Check was also one of the ten testers due to the fact that he has the ability to discover stuff. But thats all there is to him.

how am i ignorant? there's no ignorance here, i am aware of who he is and what he does, (maybe not to the extent you do), but does every post have to have a correlation with him? it seems irrelevant most of the time, just like name dropping.

Read my sig, expect all of my posts and future post to have some sort of correlation with him.

tylers opponent was clearly not at the same level as tyler, it was a good fight but not much of a challenge, id like to see tyler fight someone att his same level,

how is he playing online when the psn store is still down? and howcome there is no lag?, and anyone know what region theyre playing in?

tylers opponent was clearly not at the same level as tyler, it was a good fight but not much of a challenge, id like to see tyler fight someone att his same level,

how is he playing online when the psn store is still down? and howcome there is no lag?, and anyone know what region theyre playing in?
He's probably using a 2 day online pass like we do.

No idea how he's lag free, must have gotten lucky.

honestly he didn't look any better then my Sub-zero, except for the fact when I play online half of the time I cant pull these combos off because I'm watching a slideshow. I've only been using Subby for 3 days, how long has this guy been using him? Not that impressed, aside from the fact that he seems to have NO LAG!

Theres a lot of ps3 users that used their online code as soon as they got their game, I'm one of them. Those that waited until they played through other modes then suffered the psn going down cannot go online.

Most of that wasn't too bad. But as a subzero mainer I can give you a few tips. Ice clone, ice clone, ice clone. You need to take advantage of the ice clone, it helps against aggressive players like the scorpion player in the vid you posted. Also you should throw in some overhead attacks for your combos. ie: overhead punch, <- 1, 2, freeze, overhead punch, etc, etc. I also wouldn't throw out as many slides as you do, because when you play against a good player that blocks this, it leaves you open for some damage. I try to only use slide when I block/evade an opponents move, or on wakeup on an aggressive player.

This isn't meant in anyway to say you're bad. It's just some friendly tips from one subzero player to another. Also your name sounds really familiar, have I played you online before?

Man! Tyler is really talented. I saw his MK vs DCU online match ad I was amazed! And now MK9 online match. Man! Those guys would have a really painful time with Tyler and his deadly combos! :D

Most of that wasn't too bad. But as a subzero mainer I can give you a few tips. Ice clone, ice clone, ice clone. You need to take advantage of the ice clone, it helps against aggressive players like the scorpion player in the vid you posted. Also you should throw in some overhead attacks for your combos. ie: overhead punch, <- 1, 2, freeze, overhead punch, etc, etc. I also wouldn't throw out as many slides as you do, because when you play against a good player that blocks this, it leaves you open for some damage. I try to only use slide when I block/evade an opponents move, or on wakeup on an aggressive player.

This isn't meant in anyway to say you're bad. It's just some friendly tips from one subzero player to another. Also your name sounds really familiar, have I played you online before?

I've recently started learning the ice clone for my Subby. Just played 3 matches vs a Johnny Cage rushdown player(I won all 3). Got him with several ice clones in our matches, he was pretty good too. I was able to catch him in the clone as he did Johnny's shadow kick or as he was trying to rush up on me. The clones really help keep rushdown players away from you. I didn't like Subby at first but the more i use him the more I begin to love his moveset.