This demo is KILLING me!!!! Need help!!!

i've always prided myself on being good at mk games (i was amazing at all the 3d games, and very good at mk vs dc)

but...so far I SUCK at mk9 haha the timing is just crazy hard for me for some reason. I know all games are like that at first until you get the swing of things, but so far that hasent happened and i've played a good 5 hours for sure

Someone needs to start posting the actual button commands for these combos.

I like to do this one...

Jump in with Square, Square, Square, Spear (Back-Back-Square), Back+Triangle, Dash Forward (Forward, Forward), Square, Square, Square, Enhanced Teleport Punch (Down, Back X+R2)

Note: Start performing the Enhanced Teleport Punch as soon as you start you Dash Forward.

This one isn't bad either:
Jump in with Square, Square, Square, Spear (Back-Back-Square), Triangle, Square, Triangle.

If you just want to learn combos just hit training mode and beat the shit out of the training dummy. Do some research. There's already a ton of combo videos coming out. Once you get your combo down keep repeating it until it becomes muscle memory.

What MK games are you actually good at? Most of the 3D games play completely differently than the 2D games, so if you're used to the 3D games, you're gonna hafta adjust yourself a little with the new MK.

I'm having trouble with specifically Scorpion on expert. He teleports all about the place and does a bunch of spear combos that I can't block fast enough. Anyone got any tips for beating him?

When I play against Scorpion on Expert what I usually do is go in and attack and after I attack I get ready for his next move because if your not ready sometimes he will do a wake-up teleport move if you try to pin him down and do another attack, so just be patient, read his moves and try not to be careless and you will be fine

As a guy who have tried and really enjoyed the demo , I think that you should avoid using Sub Zero or Mileena as the starting up characters . You can easily understand the system of the game by using Johnny Cage or Scorpion . First of all , try to memorize 2 or 3 simple dial up combo ( easier to memorize Cage's as they are really natural ) .

Pick Cage and remember that he is the fastest character in the demo , but the weakest in terms of giving damage . Try to use the Back-X to do his verticle Kick that sends the opponent flying and move quickly toward the opponent ( he is in the air ) , follow that with quickly pressing Sequare 2 times and then by doing the special( Down+Back , X ) . You can continue this simple combo by a quick uppercut or any quick free hit .

Consider an opponent ducking and blocking at the same time , you can send him flying by the -> -> O then <- X and then you can do what you have done last time .

You can see the potential of the game being the enhaced special moves which you can use to create creative combos . The simple one would be Sub Zero's .

Pick Sub Zero and make sure you get the first part of the bar (Enhanced special move part) is filled . Now , you can create an Ice clone by pressing Down+Back , Sequare and then use the enhanced slide to get your opponent to the clone , giving you a free hit or even a very series of combos .

Game is fun and I think it is worth the efforts you may make to learn it :) Hope that has helped you a little .

Every combo string can be cancelled into a special move or a different attack? I've noticed that Sub Zero combos can be customized after the second input, so I was wondering if it's the same for every character.

Im going to search for some good demo videos of Mileena, I haven't played the demo yet but I plan on practicing with her & sub zero as much as possible.

Hello all, brand spanking new to the forum.

Right off the bat: I suck at Mortal Kombat. The first one came out when I was like 6 so I couldn't really develop the necessary dexterity to master the game. It was mostly just me and friends messing around with the controls. We knew their special moves but not much after that.

Anyway, I downloaded the demo thinking I'd be able to pull off some major combos. I don't know why I thought this, the videos made combos look so effortless.

As I'm sure you've guessed by now, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!!! The dash is killing me! It seems like the only way to land a good combo is to be thinking 7 steps ahead, and execute with perfect timing. Not only do you have to land the pop-up, you have to immediately dash, follow up with a couple hits, then perform an enhanced special or X ray! How the hell are you guys doing this????

I really wanna be able to land a sick combo before the 15th. I wanna beat the hell out of my girlfriend's younger brother who thinks he's Mr. Video Game and can dominate anybody in any game.

Thanks for reading and PLEASE HELP!!!

I found Scorpion's moves to be very easy to pull off so maybe you should try to practice with him.