The Wrestling Thread

Your Fav Wrestling Promotion

• Total voters
Re: Mike Awesome Dead!!

That's horrible. R.I.P

do you know what's so ervy about this..... if you watch ecw's 1st one night stand..... and you watch mike Awesome and masato tanaka's brutal match...... at a certain point early on mike does a suicide dive, and right after joey styles says it's a shame that he didn't succeed in taking his own life!....... Can't anyone say FINAL DESTINATION.:afraid:

Re: 15-0

Yeah he rules, although I seriously thought Edge would of won that money in the bank ladder match. He's never lost a ladder match it's sorta the same with taker-never lost wrestlermania. But whatever Taker still rules :cool:

Yeah he rules, although I seriously thought Edge would of won that money in the bank ladder match. He's never lost a ladder match it's sorta the same with taker-never lost wrestlermania. But whatever Taker still rules :cool:

Actually, Edge and Christian lost there very first ladder match against the New Brood (The Hardyz), Edge is still unbeaten in TLC matches however.

well if you count "undefeated in TLCs against a decent wrestler" than yes, I guess he is. He did lose to Cena last year, but since he's not a decent wrestler with much ability...

well if you count "undefeated in TLCs against a decent wrestler" than yes, I guess he is. He did lose to Cena last year, but since he's not a decent wrestler with much ability...

Completely forgot the newer match in favour of the one that mattered.
Taker's injured, dammit.

Yep takers injured, cause he tore his bicep. So this means he will be out for the rest of the YEAR. And next week in a cage match against batisita he will lose his title to him or some other hig profiler such as Ken kennedy (Could we see an early cash in from the money in the bank)

Vince McMahon.

Geez, aren't they scraping the bottom of underneath the barrel for storylines in WWE now?
The car bomb angle is the biggest load of absolute rubbish for any soap opera, let alone professional wrestling. Still, I hope they are writing the Mr McMahon character out, bored of him fueding with the wrestlers.
Oh well, at least they didn't bring in Glacier when they bought WCW.

Re: Vince McMahon.

I know it's the weakest of storylines but im going to love it. Cause more than likely there going to do a who dunit angle as well. And my bet is Steve-o cause he was said to be there that night and well we all know he aint good news. But i'm actually looking forward to the next few raw's

1. How can he be presumed dead, if he was in the limo when it happened? Even the lowest of the marks should know that if this ridiculous storyline was true, Mcmahon's body would be found by now(if it REALY happened)

2. I also find it funny how they're putting so much effort into this with all the FBI/federal agents bullshit. WWE can't really sink lower. What next, are the Undertaker and Kane going to resurrect Eddie G. from the dead? (Even though they'd never agree to do that angle).

This just shows the state of the WWE now. At least the marks would buy into an injury angle, but I guess if the Steve-O theory is right it's a good start for the WWE vs. Jackass angle.

Mr Machon is still alive. There going to do this whole thing where somewhere sometime Vince is going to appear out of nowhere and say "I spent months in the hospital" and then were going to go. I knew that all along.

I would so love the WWE vs JACKASS era. Knoxville against Orton, Bam against The great khali and Wee man against horswaggle and little boggyman.

well lost, I like the battle of the bastards(orton-knoxville) and the melee of the midgets, but why would bam face khali? Since bam's one of the most star-ish, famous guys, shouldn't he face the star-ish, famous wrestler, like Cena, Shane, or HHH or something? If I was Bam, I'd run with my branded-dick-hologram-tatoo between my legs and leave phil to deal with khali. at least he can match the weight.

I heard the next storyline is going to re-visit Katie Vick, complete with a return from the dead along with Vince McMahon. Or I made that up to match the taste and intelligence of the WWE, you decide.

"Sensational" Sherri Passes away

From WWE
WWE is saddened to learn of the death of WWE Hall of Famer “Sensational” Sherri. She was 49.
She passed away at her mother’s home in Birmingham, Ala. Friday morning, according to her husband of 10 years, Robert Schrull.
“It’s a great loss to the wrestling world,” he told WWE.com. The couple resided in St. Petersburg, Fla.
In the early 1980s, Sherri began her career in the AWA. In 1985, she defeated Candi Devine to become the AWA Women’s Champion. Their rivalry lasted more than a year, with the championship trading hands on several occasions.
It was during this time that she began perfecting her skills as a manager, leading “Playboy” Buddy Rose and “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers to the AWA Tag Team Championship. On June 28, 1986, Martel would win the AWA Women’s Championship for a third and final time from Candi Devine.
On July 24, 1987, “Sensational” Sherri debuted in WWE, pinning her trainer and mentor the Fabulous Moolah to become Women’s Champion. Sherri defended the gold against Debbie Combs, Velvet McIntyre, and Desiree Peterson.
She quickly earned the reputation as someone who would do anything to win, even if it meant using unsavory tactics. Her rivalry with Moolah continued as they became the captains for the first-ever female Survivor Series teams in 1989. Sherri held the championship for 15 months before losing to Rockin’ Robin.
In the early ‘90s WWE phased out the Women’s Division, leaving Sherri to focus on managing the male wrestlers. Her first client was “Macho Man” Randy Savage. It was during this time that she became “Sensation Queen.”
The couple had rivals with Miss Elizabeth, HulkHogan, Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire. In 1991, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase enlisted her services. After that relationship dissolved, she took on the managerial duties of Shawn Michales.
In 1994, Sherri appeared in WCW as “Sensuous” Sherri managing Ric Flair during his rivalries with Sting and Hulk Hogan. After separating from Flair, she became “Sister” Sherri guiding Harlem Heat to seven WCW Tag Team Championships.
Sherri was enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006. “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase was her presenter.

I never really knew her until I seen her last year at the Hall of fame awards. Although I rarly seen any of here matches either I still thought she was great.

Re: "Sensational" Sherri Passes away

RIP Sherri Martel, the greatest female manager in Pro Wrestling History.