Tag Discussion

2 vs. 2, 4 players, 4 consoles, online, how?

My bro and I wanna team up against other people online. He lives an hour and a half away from me and I wanna know how you can team up online with other players without having to use the same console. I've tried everything but still no clue. I know it's doable, since I fought 2 seperate players online in one tag team match once.

P.S. I'm using Xbox Live.

Re: 2 vs. 2, 4 players, 4 consoles, online, how?

This actually isn't possible. The players you fought were 2 players on the SAME xbox console who just went online together. Which is possible.

There is no way to have 4 people, on 4 separate consoles, play online against each other. I'd imagine it has to do with the balancing the latency of 4 different people in 4 different locations. That would probably just be a disaster.

Well, crap... Thanks for the info smaddy. I guess I have to go visit my bro everytime we wanna do tag team together.

Re: Glitch in xbox live tag team matches

I just posted this yesterday on a different site. This is exactly what is happening to me

Tag team co-op???

Before this game came out i was under the impression of playing online tag team kombat with a friend against two other players.But then i later found out that you have to be on the same console I'n order to do it =( a dlc patch would be nice dose anyone else agree??

Re: Tag team co-op???

Yes, I agree. I'd love that.

What I also can't believe is how the tournament players aren't jumping on the sweet co-op in this game. It's really awesome and I'd love to see actual tourney players tag each other in and out, could make for some great action and lols. :D

I heard some numbnuts on a tourny stream saying the tag team in MK was a "gimmick". What a moron.

What lol i don't see the gimmick he is a moron it would be for pro MK players it would get two gamers to communicate and link killer combos together witch would take really good timing and practice =)

I'm not gonna lie, I freaked out a little just now after misreading the title, "Tag team coin-op".
omg i thought for sure you could co op with someone else but i guess it was just misleading... it would make the game alot funner though in my opinion

since it was stated quite a while before release to be impossible, and they have _a lot_ of stuff to fix, it'll probably stay this way. And then you'll see it as a "cool new feature" for MK10, that should have worked in MK9 already...

Player Tag Matches - Wins Counting as Losses

Hey guys I actually just made this account purely to ask this question.

I tried searching on here and google beforehand to see if there was a similar thread but I didn't see it.. my apologies if this is frequently asked/discussed.

It seems when my friend comes over and recovers his GT and we play online tag matches together all of my wins count as losses. I think my record at the current moment is like 30-40 or something like that when it should be closer to 50-20. It seems to only happen when he recovers his GT and not when he just signs under guest (although I have not confirmed this). Im assuming NRS and the online team know about this and are working on a fix? Any knowledge is appreciated. And these forums look to be pretty good I may just stick around :D

Re: Player Tag Matches - Wins Counting as Losses

Welcome to TRMK. I'm also not to sure about your problem here. I haven't had anybody come over and play online with me yet, so I'm not sure how that works. It must also explain why we can't play together on one team online. I really do hope that they are working on both of these problems.

Re: Player Tag Matches - Wins Counting as Losses

Thanks for the welcome.. I did a little more "testing" last night and it appears this w/l glitch only occurs when a friend recovers his GT. When someone signs into guest or I play by myself in a tag match the w/l is recorded with no issues. It's really not that big of a deal to me but I find it funny that my ranked w/l is 26-3 but my player tag is like 40-45 when it should be closer to 60-25 or so

2 Player Vs 2 Player Tag Team

2 Players on 1 console Vs 2 Players on another console online

What is this mode really like?

What is the lag like?

I would really want to know what it's like as I am interested in this mode to play with my brother and I can't find out for myself because PSN is down.

Also if anyone are looking to play this mode, feel free to add me if you think you can beat our team or if you just wanna play this mode to have fun. You're all welcome.

Re: 2 Player Vs 2 Player Tag Team

It doesn't exist. You are only allowed to play 4 Player Tag locally.

Let's hope NRS somehow figure out how to work the feature.