RIP Amy Winehouse

i don't like amy winehouse's music but kurt cobain was and is my favorite singer and died from the pain of his sad life. it's sad that people can't learn from others mistakes.

but as it stands no one has the right to defame someone just because they have had a hard life and turned to drugs to eze their pain and in the end die from the thing u thought was helping.

yah vary funny show some class and don't make fun because any one of us could be were she is.

jim morrison was another one that had major problems and was an awesome talent.

Last edited:
i don't like amy winehouse's music but kirk cobain was and is my favorite singer and died from the pain of his sad life. it's sad that people can't learn from others mistakes.

but as it stands no one has the right to defame someone just because they have had a hard life and turned to drugs to eze their pain and in the end die from the thing u thought was helping.

yah vary funny show some class and don't make fun because any one of us could be were she is.

Your favourite singer's name is actually Kurt Cobain ;)

^^^ dude there's no need to be an ass grow up

Oops i usually say kirk but his name is kurt but hay can't get every thing right all the time. lol

If anyone else wants to come in this thread, or any other thread, and act like a dick, you'll get an infraction.

No one gives a shit if you hate her or not, that does not give you the right to make disgusting comments. Stay out of threads if you're going to be a troll. Posts deleted.

Gonna be honest, I was not surprised when I saw the news today. She had it coming with her antics and let her fans down. I don't have any sympathy for celebs/musicians that die like she did. They take what they have for granted and just don't learn. I feel bad for her fans, but not for her. She should have done better.

Gonna be honest, I was not surprised when I saw the news today. She had it coming with her antics and let her fans down. I don't have any sympathy for celebs/musicians that die like she did. They take what they have for granted and just don't learn. I feel bad for her fans, but not for her. She should have done better.

she tried, but she was to into the drugs. it was very hard for her to stop. & she also starved herself once.

I thought it was extremely funny and in fact touching when Gilbert Gottfried made some nasty jokes hours after Greg Giraldo died. Admittedly, this was an extremely rare case, but not making jokes like that would have been disrespectful considering Giraldo's life's work.

I thought it was extremely funny and in fact touching when Gilbert Gottfried made some nasty jokes hours after Greg Giraldo died. Admittedly, this was an extremely rare case, but not making jokes like that would have been disrespectful considering Giraldo's life's work.

Greg Giraldo's dead???

What jokes did he make exactly? I'm sure Giraldo himself would have made jokes about dying. His whole life was roasting people and making jokes. He probably expected his fellow comedians to joke about it.

Greg Giraldo's dead???

Yes he is

haha that ****er is always talking shit about any tragic thing that happens. Its funny... sometimes.

I guess its just a comedian thing

Doing drugs were part of Amy Winehouse's lifestyle, everywhere she went she gave off a "**** the world" attitude. People die everyday but because she was famous, the general consensus is that she did something to better the world and it is wrong if you disagree. There were plenty of times that she could have stopped doing drugs and saved her life but she didn't, and the product of those mis-oppurtunities was her premature death.

Doing drugs were part of Amy Winehouse's lifestyle, everywhere she went she gave off a "**** the world" attitude. People die everyday but because she was famous, the general consensus is that she did something to better the world and it is wrong if you disagree. There were plenty of times that she could have stopped doing drugs and saved her life but she didn't, and the product of those mis-oppurtunities was her premature death.

Actually, no, it isn't that she did something to 'better the world', it's the fact that people tend to not pay as much attention to some random person who died that no one knows anything about. Amy is someone who was in the public eye so more people knew of her and her problems. It doesn't mean she is better than some random joe, she is just someone who was better known to the world and people saw her in good times and bad.

Greg Giraldo's dead???

Yup.

Here's what Gottfried said: Too Soon?

What jokes did he make exactly? I'm sure Giraldo himself would have made jokes about dying. His whole life was roasting people and making jokes. He probably expected his fellow comedians to joke about it.

That was exactly my point. Under almost any other scenario, the jokes would've have been inappropriate, but since tasteless jokes were his life's work, making tasteless jokes about his death was the most appropriate way to celebrate his life.

I agree with this. In some situations, it is fitting to do so. In that situation, it was what Greg would have wanted. He lived for that, and he was probably having a good laugh in the afterlife.

EDIT: Just read that there were 'signs of life' when paramedics arrived but Amy died shortly after.

Last edited:
It's hard to mourn Amy for me because I believe she made this choice. It wasn't just a habit for her, it was her lifestyle, it was her image. Part of her appeal was that she was such a damaged person, her biggest hits were songs about drug abuse. I don't think she wanted to change. Either way it's sad to lose somebody at 27 years old, I feel for her family.

It's hard to mourn Amy for me because I believe she made this choice. It wasn't just a habit for her, it was her lifestyle, it was her image. Part of her appeal was that she was such a damaged person, her biggest hits were songs about drug abuse. I don't think she wanted to change. Either way it's sad to lose somebody at 27 years old, I feel for her family.

I don't know, I truly think Amy did not want to live the way she did, and she did go to rehab a few times (thought it was just a week but she was in and out over the years) so going to rehab showed that she wanted to make a difference but when you are so into something, it can be hard to quit....for anyone who smokes, it isn't easy for everyone to just put down a cigarette and never touch it again. Some can go cold turkey, others rip their houses apart just looking for a smoke. When you are that addicted, it takes a lot of time to stop.