Rate the NEW characters and stages!

CHARACTERS:
Ladybug 6/10 - Interesting but her powers don't really intrigue me (bugs)
Giant & Midget - 9/10 - This character is a bit of a throw off. Got a Bioshock kind of vibe. I may actually use this duo
Aztec warrior - 6/10 blaahhh

Stages:
Snowy forest - 10/10 Trailer....nuff said
Shipyard stage - 7/10 Buglady ran and jumped off ship to get to other side of screen was cool
The tomb with figurines (shown during Ladybug's fatality) - 6/10

Overall: I'm more excited now. Body movement of characters seems good. Run is back. animations (X Ray) look more customized and thought put into.

OMG!! after Subzy's heart falls in center of the hole, Scorp cuts his face off LMAO!!!! #brutal

Gameplay: 11/10

New Chars so far...
'Buglady'- meh on her overall look, but her gameplay might be pretty awesome. I am glad we have another female though. 7/10(7 because its a new female char).

Giant and midgit - im okay with the concept, im guessing the midget is gonna be the one that talks alot... Not crazy about their looks. 5/10

"Ogre" looking guy- Yea he reminds me of 'Ogre' from Tekken. Someone somewhere else pointed out that he may be another 'god char'... or an elder god char. Im not gonna say that doesnt seem possible, especially with the way he looks. Ill give him the award for the coolest looking NEW char so far. 7/10

BUT
Overall, Im not that impressed with the new chars so far in terms of looks(based on this video). Gameplay is something different and although ive seen the gameplay alittle, Ill hold off on that judgement till I get my hands on them.

I never have my hopes too high with MK introducing Brand New chars because they've done such a bang up job in the past... Im expecting most of these new guys to fade from memory as time passes. Like the ones of Old.

Based on what I seen of Scorp and Subz, they are NEVER too much of a letdown in looks and gameplay. I look forward to using Scorpion, he NEVER lets me down on gameplay. He's eazy and I like eazy.

Arenas-
The Icy forest is Meh for me.

The "Shipyard" I kinda like, but it kinda reminds me of Blanka's jungle swamp arena in SF4. All Swampy...but now its 'mystikal' swampy.

"Ladybug"- Ill give her a 7/10. She seems interesting.
"Blaster and Master"- 2/10 That little shit annoys me already.
"Aztec Warrior"-I havent really seen much of him. A successor to Nightwolf perhaps?

Snowy Forest- 9/10 I love the atmosphere. Ill be turning off the environmental interactions though. Didnt care for them in Injustice.
Shipyard- 8/10

Bug Lady - 6/10, fix her face and I'll give her a 7. Unique concept but I'm not blown away.

Big Guy/Little Guy - 0/10, just find the concept completely stupid.

Aztec/Ancient Ogre - 8/10, he looks freaking awesome and his fatality looks CRAZY. Can't wait to see his gameplay.

Forest Stage - 10/10, just a crazy background for fighting.

Ship Stage - 5/10 - It's whatever to me.

Gonna reserve judgement for the Tomb when I see it more clearly.

all the 3 characters 10/10
We need some new characters, and this ones, looks cool.
At least more inspired than jarek, kira and many others

I LOVE Ladybug and i love that new duo.
Ladybug is really creative and i think they can do a lot with her!

Does anyone knows what she says after that little "kid"? say: "What Ladybug gonna do about that"?? What is she saying?

Edit: I see that many of you don't like Ladybug's face... well it's half woman half bug, what you guys expect? I don't have problem with her face, and i think that it's done on purpose. It looks more creative than all the females together, let's be real.

Edit: I see that many of you don't like Ladybug's face... well it's half woman half bug, what you guys expect? I don't have problem with her face, and i think that it's done on purpose. It looks more creative than all the females together, let's be real.

It does give the bug vibe, but at the same time I do believe more detail could've went into it. The lack of texture really reminds me of Apep's face from MKD.

It does give the bug vibe, but at the same time I do believe more detail could've went into it. The lack of texture really reminds me of Apep's face from MKD.

It's still in early stages, let's just wait and see. I am sure that next-gen/PC version will look great.

Can anyone answer my question about Ladybug intro?

Edit: Nevermind it's "Exterminate", embarrassing lol.

Last edited:
nothing to comment on the stages, loved all of them. also, I love the interactibles and idk why some complain, they're fun elements, it was quite naive not to expect them after the release of Injustice and it's not like they can get boring, it's kinda hard to get a chance to use those if you play on a high level.

now , for the characters, I loved the seemingly aztec warrior, liked the bug lady and the big guy (talking about looks only). what I did not like was that stupid kid on him. I'd rather have him alone. having said that, I should add here that the gameplay, moves, xrays, fatalities for ALL the above, along with scorpion's and subzero's, are SICK. if the rest of the characters received such care as well, I think this will be the darkest MK up-to-date with devastating moves and absolutely brilliant gameplay and even adding to each character's identity after the MK 9 revamps.

also, I'd like to add that I was worried because imo, from the post mk3 era the only characters with potential for growth are:
Fujin, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Reiko, Tanya, Li Mei, Frost, Havik, Shinnok, Ashrah, Onaga, Moloch, Nitara. the rest of the characters are either crap (kobra and such) or meh. however, others have been meh as well and they got revamped superbly in MK 9. I'd also love to see Motaro return but I think that's wishful thinking.

overall, I won't rate each stage and character but I will say this: now that NRS has WB studios behind them they got the budget, tools and creativity to impress. the gameplay video left me impressed even though I didn't go absolutely crazy over the looks (JUST the looks) of the bug lady and the big guy. perhaps they'll grow into me, their gameplay was sick. I believe that it is the best time for the franchise to move forward and with WB behind them, I believe their experimenting this time around will work unlike the post mk3 era. I am absolutely certain we'll have a super dark, super brutal MK game that's even better than MK 9

Insect Queen/Sinestro rip off - lame, altough she does more with the insect things from her back than sinestro. Still a 4/10 for now

Big Guy and the kid - not a bad idea, but really average design. 6/10

Mayan God - Solid looks and fatality. Gameplay missing therefore 5/10 for now

Stage could be a white space for all i care, those things don't matter to me

also, I'd like to add that I was worried because imo, from the post mk3 era the only characters with potential for growth are:
Fujin, Quan Chi, Kenshi, Reiko, Tanya, Li Mei, Frost, Havik, Shinnok, Ashrah, Onaga, Moloch, Nitara. the rest of the characters are either crap (kobra and such) or meh. however, others have been meh as well and they got revamped superbly in MK 9. I'd also love to see Motaro return but I think that's wishful thinking.

Opinions are opinions, though.

Based off of that gameplay footage, imo, Frost is irrelevant.
Sub-Zero has all the powers I could want in 1 ice character, and is that much more of a badass in MK X.
That being said, the early demo versions of MK9 human Sub-Zero also had the ice parry, and NRS dumbed him down, to give that move to Cyber Sub-Zero.

Opinions are opinions, though.

Based off of that gameplay footage, imo, Frost is irrelevant.
Sub-Zero has all the powers I could want in 1 ice character, and is that much more of a badass in MK X.

This. I used to think they could incorporate more 'solid' ice moves for Frost but now Sub-Zero has them (and they're so awesome I can't wait to try!) her inclusion now feels pointless.

they still could include frost with same moves as sub, they just need to have different mechanics, like ice ball being faster on start-up, or ice clone staying less on the screen but having larger hitboxes. Those little things could make her different

Ladybug - 6/10 I like that she's different and the way her powers seem to work, but I really don't like her extra limbs.
Giant and Midget - 6.5/10 if the little guy or girl or whatever wasn't there then it'd be an 8. I like the design but the concept of two characters in one irritates me.
Aztec - 9/10 I know we didn't see much but he was by far the most intriguing design. Must see more!

I loved the stages that I saw - 9/10 for the Shipyard and Forest, couldn't see the Tomb well enough to judge.

Ladybug- 3/10 not liking the design at all and just feels very weird so meh show me someone better.

Giant and kid- 6/10 This is really an interesting character and has not been done in MK before. MK grappler? Liked how he played.

Aztec- 8/10. This character is the best out of the new characters so far. Liking what im seeing so far. Now would love to see some gameplay of him and possibly might be a solid 9/10 or 10/10 for me afterwards.

As for stages I liked all of them so 10/10 for me.

Wasp 2/10

baby thing -5 stars

Ancient Ogre - 9/10

Woods of Cold 9/10

Cervantes Stage 8/10

Tomb of Dragon Mans Army 6/10

I thought Ed Boon said no guest characters. Lie Ed Boon lie. Ed Boon must re-programme the entire game from start. I doubt this will make release date now as he must meet my demands, as a Dr of economics when it comes to these things I predict Ed Boon will go bust if my demands are not met.

Good day.

Like all the stages but as for the new characters added seem good to go. Fatalities are just freaken badass and really look forward to what other gruesome fatalities will shown and hope to see new stage fatalities.