PS3/X360 versions - do they even exist?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not, they push us to nextgen and make more money from the IOS and Android version microtransactions and really don't care about the lastgen it's so lame. If Netherrealm working on nextgen versions only who will make the mobile versions and its no so complex to convert an UE3 engine game to lastgen, but who cares about "near dead" consoles if we can make money from other platforms, they'll have it someday or not.

Last edited:
I still don't see the point of having past gen versions if the next gen consoles are becoming more popular and are taking over house holds soon. I don't remember anyone in 2008 asking for MKvsDCU to be on the PS2 and Xbox.

Because back then it made sense. MKvsDC used a completely different and new engine. MKX does not. It uses the same one. Plus it was announced for last-gen from the start whereas MKvsDC was not.

They're totally able to make a MKX for last gen, that's the point.

I'm sure the MK9/Injustice engine didn't go anywhere, so it's not like they have to create an entire new engine to put this game to work on older systems. As MK9 showed (I haven't played Injustice), you can have a good game with relevant gameplay, the only thing they would have to do is "skin" MKX upon that foundation. I'm not sure about the variations, but let's say you have to take them out... well, you still have a competent game for those who can't afford the bigger version. The gap between PS3/360 and PS4/X1 these days isn't as huge as it was from, let's say, SNES to PSX. I'm pretty sure that as long as High Voltage actually works on it, the last gen MKX won't be bad.

Huge numbers or not, the fact is that the older systems are still around and someone (seems like it was Warner) decided that it was worth creating a version for them - after all, as I mentioned above, it's not like they're not able to do it. I just expect them to be professionals and give us some information about the game. It'll be awful if it is delayed, yes, but I won't have the means to buy a PS4 until June, so it doesn't change much of my situation. I just want some information until then, in order to hide in a cave to avoid spoilers and wait for the game.

I'm afraid we'll have to wait or we're not getting anything at all.

The Jason trailer lacks the PS3/X360 logos.

The problem is they're having a hard time cutting the game down while still making it acceptable. Would you guys rather have a super half assed port than just wait a few more months?

The graphics need to be downgraded heavily for it to play at 60 fps on last gen.

Wish they hadn't announced it for PS3/360 since the beginning.
Now many of us, that were waiting those versions are left with cross arms, waiting for a "decent" release or even waiting for a cancellation.

Oh well, time to hide in a cave to avoid spoilers. I'm just happy they confirmed that the game WILL be released for last gen (and seriously, I know they can do it - even if it's just a MK9 re-skin it has potential to be a competent game), delay or not.

The problem is they're having a hard time cutting the game down while still making it acceptable. Would you guys rather have a super half assed port than just wait a few more months?

The graphics need to be downgraded heavily for it to play at 60 fps on last gen.

I'd rather they didn't announce it in the first place. And since the story was the main thing that sold me on the game, it's a giant blow that I'm not going to be able to experience the story fresh. Combine that with WB's already existing track record of bad 360 ports, I don't think I wanna put money in now, certainly at full price.

I'd rather they didn't announce it in the first place. And since the story was the main thing that sold me on the game, it's a giant blow that I'm not going to be able to experience the story fresh. Combine that with WB's already existing track record of bad 360 ports, I don't think I wanna put money in now, certainly at full price.

When you say "not announce it in the first place", do you mean announcing it after the big version is out as some sort of "bonus" or not release it at all? I do agree that the delay sucks and the way they handled it isn't much good, but then again if they didn't announce it until later would it change the situation that much? I don't think so, as the game and its story would be all over the place already. It wouldn't feel fresh all the same. And between having the game later and not having it at all, obviously the former option is the better one (if it's as good as MK9, at least).

I just hope they will go forward soon rather than later to show us what we're getting. That isn't asking much.

You guys would be just as mad if they never announced it.

"I bought a next gen console just for MKX and now they reveal that it's coming out on last gen too?!? Shitty marketing shitty marketing blah blah blah"

I'm telling you guys, the previous gen delay rumors are bullshit. The PS3 and 360 ports are being released the same day as PS4 and XBone, and I already posted photograpic proof on post #66 of this thread to back it up.

Good job with your "photograpic" proof. You also misspelled photographic btw.

You guys would be just as mad if they never announced it.

"I bought a next gen console just for MKX and now they reveal that it's coming out on last gen too?!? Shitty marketing shitty marketing blah blah blah"

No, I'd have not gotten interested because I'm not buying a next gen console this year no matter what.

I saw that has many Brazilian forum, then a link confirming the game postponed to June. (Translated with google).

http://www.baixakijogos.com.br/noti...s-mortal-kombat-x-ps3-x360-adiadas_804874.htm

Yes, And some more trustful sources like Gamespot already confirmed too. Some twitter accounts dedicated to Mortal Kombat Content are all saying the ps3/360 game was in fact delayed to june.

Probably they're trying to improve it. that's the only reason i can think of. but i already decided. I will only play it as soon as can afford my PS4. Won't give it a shot to the prev gen version.

Improve? I find it hard, I think the game is already completed, I posted a comment on the link I spent, I think it has to do with piracy postpone the game so long after. (Mobile versions today are virtually the last generation X360 PS3) (Again apologies for the English I translate all the text of this atravéz page of translators).

Well, if it is delayed until June then I'll just go away for 2 months. Don't worry everyone who's getting this for last gen, we'll make a thread and discuss the game when our version gets released.

Status
Not open for further replies.