people with good record often decline!!!

I have a good record. 1000+w and a little more than 200l and I don't decline most ppl. I try and fight ppl that have a similar record to mine. but I do decline the ppl the have more losses than wins, don't even have 100w or have over 20 dcs. I consider those ppl noobs and I don't prey on noobs...that's scrubbish and ill feel like I'm boosting if I fight them.

If they challenge you, you aren't the one preying on them.... Maybe they just want to play someone who is better to learn...

I played ranked match for 2 days and decided to not play it again for these reasons:

1) The opponent is selected randomly.

2) 8/10 I have to play against weak people.

My record is 64-3 (Not that this is an excuse, but I want to specific that I lost 3 times against pre patch Kano) and I'll never play ranked again.
In player matches I can play against players that I know are good or against friends, and have interesting games.

Records mean nothing in MK9 because the game is so flawed online with the lag and connection issues. Records mattered more during the MK VS. DC years but now even the elites of the game don't sport the golden win/loss ratio like they did in the previous game. So don't worry about your record in MK9 just play people who you know play fair and and give you a good challenge and just have fun.

386.jpg

I was thinking the same thing when I read his post :)

How can you determine if someone is a rage quitter or a noob in the char select screen? Just curious.

My player match 1v1 record is currently 1250-430. I get accused of being a booster in the lobbies because of it. If accepting all challenges (even if they are 6000-10), going down the list and challenging everyone or going "2v2 TAG anyone" is "boosting" then I guess that is what I am doing...

I also get declined sometimes because I have 36 disconnects. With 2000 player matched played total (1v1 and 2v2 combined) is 36 disconnects really that bad? It works out to be about 1.8%

Don't assume anything by a person's record, it means almost nothing. The only thing I look for in challenging someone is the amount of disconnects relative to their total games played. Saw a guy who had more dc's than wins once

I was thinking the same thing when I read his post :)

How can you determine if someone is a rage quitter or a noob in the char select screen? Just curious.

My player match 1v1 record is currently 1250-430. I get accused of being a booster in the lobbies because of it. If accepting all challenges (even if they are 6000-10), going down the list and challenging everyone or going "2v2 TAG anyone" is "boosting" then I guess that is what I am doing...

I also get declined sometimes because I have 36 disconnects. With 2000 player matched played total (1v1 and 2v2 combined) is 36 disconnects really that bad? It works out to be about 1.8%

Don't assume anything by a person's record, it means almost nothing. The only thing I look for in challenging someone is the amount of disconnects relative to their total games played. Saw a guy who had more dc's than wins once

lol probably because he loses more than he wins.

and i just hate it...i used to go in as Comboless_PLAYER and then as i pack my record up,,people don't play me anymore..and i'm not a very good player either..i'm just a little above average...and then i created another account and tons of people challenge me..and then as i'm starting to win more than i've lost, people don't challenge me as much anymore..and the people with very good record are declining...and then i'm creating another account to play around with the noobs..i fought the noobs without using my mains and my win/lose record are very even..and then people with very good record are challenging me..but when i'm confront with someone with very good record, i pick my main and more than half of the time i kick their arse...it makes me wonder why someone with such a good record challenge someone like me with a sh*tty record? i think it's fun to create new account and just try on other characters with the noobs until someone with a serious record challenge you...after playing some other character, i added another to my main group and that is Johnny Cage..he's fun to play :D

anyway, i think it's fun to have a losing record still beat those player with very good record..you will surprise them :)

Yes alot of people with good records decline, but I'm totally the opposite to you. I stick with the same account, decline the rubbish players and try to find the hardest challengers who have good records. :)

I challenge anyone that shit talks. I also always look for those people with a good w/l ratio, because then they are usually good. Whenever I win or lose, I always so GG. If it was a REALLY good fight, which means that me and my opponent had challenges to each other, I tend to add them. I also tend to add people better than me with good connections so i can play them. It's ridiculous how people play for numbers, I find it really stupid.

I think my score is like 450/500, I've never boosted, intentionally played with noobs, even when I'm in a Koth with noobs, I intentionally do bad just so the rest can play. If I wanted I could of had that 10 win trophy in koth, but personally me, I think trophies are stupid, in both ps3 AND xbox.

I always use the find the match 1 on 1 or tag, I wanna play doesn't matter who but sometimes when I find the amazing combo-guys I play just once because that's not fun for me.
However, I also do high combos with the smoke.

I always use the find the match 1 on 1 or tag, I wanna play doesn't matter who but sometimes when I find the amazing combo-guys I play just once because that's not fun for me.
However, I also do high combos with the smoke.

don't you think that's double standards a bit?

You avoid big combo guys because it's not fun for you... but you go ahead and do high combos with smoke vs people?

So you basically want to destroy people who don't combo... but when you get combo'd and destroyed it's not fun?

You should fight those "Big" combo guys more often you know why?

They will teach you to play more safe because they punish you HARD.

Yes they will teach me, but I think it's quite impossible do the same, anyway when I play with guys like that, I'll try to use sonya coz it's more strategic with her and doesn't need use combos to win.

I've got some wins playing as sonya against guys who have 1000/400, I love her but I prefer smoke.

Ps: As sonya always it's fun =D

Yes they will teach me, but I think it's quite impossible do the same, anyway when I play with guys like that, I'll try to use sonya coz it's more strategic with her and doesn't need use combos to win.

I've got some wins playing as sonya against guys who have 1000/400, I love her but I prefer smoke.

Ps: As sonya always it's fun =D

sonya DOESNT need combo's to win?? :S

but sonya loves her combo's! :D