PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

FYI, the pirated version came out roughly 1 hour after the Steam release. Seriously. It was up on one of our Bulgarian torrent trackers, and I was like - "wow, THAT was quick...". Turns out the game is completely unprotected - all it needed was a Steam emulator, and it was good to go.

No idea if you can play online with it, and what sort of restrictions you would have, but I guess it even supports that - online play.

Hmm just some news about MK9. Few friends of mine who wanted to try the game (or couldn't afford it) got pirated version. Online worked perfectly for them. Two of them bought MK9 on steam... it lags online and one even has slow motion problem, while pirated versions run beautiful 60fps. I think that is a steam error of some kind.

Pirates have a better online experience than us?? but this is impossible!!! How can they play online?? Steam dont let you to use pirate copies of games. How these idiots are playing online? They might play on pirate severs then. And just because they didnt have problems dosent measn that the online lag dont exist. they will experience some lag sooner or later. Anyway we must encourage evryone to buy it not to pirate it if we want fighters from WB to continue coming on pc.

Okay, online is disgraceful, just spent 30 minutes to try it out and the result: one extremely laggy match and a lot of disconnects. I'll try to solve this but really I have no idead what could be wrong, it may be because I'm on wifi but that's something I can't fix and everything else works great on it. Can anyone tell me if you need to forward some ports or some other shit?

I wonder if there is somebody who can play this without lag ? I would love to see Mr.Boon playing this.

EDIT:

Noticed that Ranked/Player matches lags much less than matches via online rooms.

Last edited:
still not reply from high voltage support. i sent them an email yersterday morning and still now answer from them. anyone else here who sent them an email??

I sent one, no reply, i don't think they will reply. Do NetherRealm or High Voltage even read these forums, i haven't seen any post from them here.

MP sucks!
It was working fine first few times now it keeps saying something like: "Match or connection is no longer available..." And when it works it lags so much! Shit!

MP sucks!
It was working fine first few times not it keeps saying something like: Match or connection is no longer available..." Shit!

This happend a few times for too. When this happen then i sent a fight request to another player. That what you do. What i dont understand is that if the console version netcode is that bad too, then how console versions sold more than 2 million copies? Didnt people knew that they were buying a game with bad netcode that can cause lot of problems online? Anyway more than 100 matchs online so far, less than 20 had lag less than 10 had dicconeted me during fight. For me it is good so far.

If you manage to find someone with a good connection, fairly close to you, and with a nice PC, you will come to realize the MP is actually quite good. All up to your opponent - it's really freakin annoying if he is the one causing all the lagging and frame skipping...

I sent one, no reply, i don't think they will reply. Do NetherRealm or High Voltage even read these forums, i haven't seen any post from them here.

They dont read these forums but when we sent an email to a company about a problem of a product of them that we bought then their support deparmtnet MUST answer as much as possible. Or else customers become angry.

So far only 4 of the matches that i played online were from people from Greece all the other(90+ matches) were with people from other countries most of them didnt have no lag. I spoke with one of the guys who we had lag and he told me that he has a 1mb connection while i have 24 mb. In this case it was normal to have lag because as you know 1 mb is too low for multiplayer games. I think people who want to play multtiplayer must upgrade their connection to 24 mb.

1Mb may be too low these days, but people don't need 24Mb just to play online. I have a 5Mb connection and when I play online games I don't get lag at all.

It doesn't matter what sort of bandwidth you have. What matters here is the latency AND the stability of your ping ( no dropped packets and no significant fluctuations in the overall latency ). Same goes for your opponent. You could have a Gigabit connection, and 10 % packet loss: which will result in a potentially unplayable game.

I'd say all 3 need to be taken into account really. You could have zero latency and fantastic stability, but you'd still have a bad experience on a 512Kbps connection (which mine has dropped down to on a few rare occasions).

They had 2 years to fix the netcode. But they didnt bother. They were lazy it seems. Then when WB paid high voltage to do the pc version they didnt want to pay them a lot to fix the netcode because that could have mean that the pc version could need more sales to cover to costs of the port. So they decided to pay them only to make the pc version without any improvements in the netcode just to minimize the porting costs.

Now if the pc version dont sell as much as they wanted then i hope that they wil not blame piracy for it, and that they will admit that if this happens(something that i realy hope to not happen), that it will be their fault for 2 years late release and not fixing netode.

They had 2 years to fix the netcode. But they didnt bother. They were lazy it seems. Then when WB paid high voltage to do the pc version they didnt want to pay them a lot to fix the netcode because that could have mean that the pc version could need more sales to cover to costs of the port. So they decided to pay them only to make the pc version without any improvements in the netcode just to minimize the porting costs.

Injustice.

MK lack social features. There is no chat with my opponent, no match history. If i want to message the guy i have to search for him threw steam... So what that this game use steamworks they still fail to utilize it. And the chat in online rooms is PATHETIC.
The online part of the game is unfinished. MK is such an awesome game but in the hands of lazy money hungry people. I start to hate NetherRealm the same way i hate EA.

EDIT:

Also i get out of memory errors when playing player matches...

Last edited:
I honestly think the best thing for the next MK would be to have a separate studio do the online portion of the game. They can clearly make a great game, but can they hell do online. Bring in another studio to help them. It'll cost WB more, but the game will be worth it. Not to mention it gives the team at Netherealm more time to focus on core gameplay, additional character and such.