PC Version / General Discussion Thread

12562648_10207212807932222_1668910708_o.jpg

At one point, I do feel sorry for the PC gamers for the screwup with the PC port of MKX. But at the same time, considering the screwup, why would PC gamers even want more for the PC version of the game? It's like wanting sprinkles on a turd. The PC port was a failure, adding more to that failure doesn't fix anything. If NRS can't fix the port, then I understand why they have to leave it behind.

After supporting this series since 1992, even the god awful 3D games, I'm officially done with the series and NRS/WB. MKX has been nothing short of a disaster, I feel bent over and ****ed without lube by NRS and WB with my PC version ever since launch. No way I'm purchasing the game a second time for my console this time, plus lack of a PS4 stick. NRS can officially die for all I care, I'm out.

Thank god SFV comes out in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Very much a lesson learned. I have never owned a console but I have always wanted to know how console gaming feels. Blue is my favorite colour and 4 is my favorite number. MK is my favorite franchise so I'll buy a PS4. I'm glad MKXL is announced, now I'll wait for it to be released and not gonna pick up DLCs one by one.

And it's not just MKX. Arkham Knight is another obvious example of that PC gaming is a side project for a lot of Studios. I played SFV Beta but it's very far from my liking. KI is even further. I've enjoyed IGAU though, I almost had better fun with it than MK9. So NRS clearly knows something or they just happen to make games that I like very much. They are just not consumer friendly.

I like Tyler Lansdown and Derek, I enjoyed the Kombat Kasts but whenever I see people tremble before Boon, the so-called legend I have to smile. It's sad that he is the God Almighty of this franchise and he is so high up in the sky nowadays that he doesn't even notice the fans anymore.

- Are our sales successful? Check!
- Are WB satisfied with me? Check!
- Okay, then screw fans and everyone else, let me see if there is another horror character I can put into my games then I will troll some Fujin enthusiasts on Twitter!

Oh, and I've just read somewhere that fans are hoping for a better Injustice 2 on PC than MKX turned out to be. Don't be naive. It's not gonna happen. MKX is the best selling one in the series after a highly succesful MK9 even with a disastrous PC port. WB will be all smiles leaving this PC mess behind and they will never look back. They will counting their millions and let Bandai Namco, Capcom and Iron Galaxy/Microsoft to fight it out on PC.

As a player I just wanna have fun. And PC gaming is everything but fun nowadays. And it is not because piracy or PC gamers. It is because this greedy industry we have to deal with release after release.

I'm satisfied with PC gaming, just because a few studios have ruined their own games on PC doesn't change the fact that PC gaming is incredible. Unfortunately the fighting community on PC is low, always been, it's just not the genre for PC. SFV ran like a dream, so hopefully it launches as well as it played, it's also cross platform so that's a huge plus for people like me. There is absolutely no way in hell I would allow myself to give NRS more money just to get MKX on PS4 this time around. I should have done that from the beginning, but I had hope and it failed me. My own fault.

As for Injustice 2, thanks but no thanks. Unfortunately I'm never supporting NRS/WB again.

In their defense, this very well might not be a jerk-plot move. WBGames was always about the console. They hired on a completely different development studio to handle the PC port. However, as we know, it was a TERRIBLE port...and eventually they fired that developer. This leaves them no capability of being able to actually create anything for PC. Bear in mind that this is the same company that had the PC fiasco for Batman...a product that was so terribly done that it was actually removed from Steam. I think this is WBGames just admitting that they have absolutely no skill or capabilities on developing for the PC platform.

I really don't have extreme thirst to have for instance PS4 in the future (I had PS1 and PS2 in the past). PC simply delivers the same thing than consoles, it has the strongest indie game status, cheaper games, mods and it's very superior in genres like strategy and especially in MOBA and FPS.

And overall, PC gaming is more than fine at the moment. The only problem is the ports that are made by clueless developers and publishers. If we think one of the crappiest ports or versions last years, WB takes the cake with Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat X. Sure there is some other lackluster ports somewhere else but they are not even near the retardness that WB is using. They are simply still living years 2007-10 where there was some thoughts that PC gaming would be dying (happily since 1985) so they outsource the whole thing and don't give a crap. And that is beyond ridicolous since some other USA based companies like Gearbox that made terrific PC version of Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel, received acclaim and great sales for their effort. And that's the perfect and rightful way to make money.

To make it even more crazy for WB, even some japanese developers that are usually been very reluctant to do anything on PC like Konami, have shown interest of porting PC version to be released in Steam and their ports have funny enough, been pretty solid.

Take for instance Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 by From Software that were developed to PC only because of address that was made, with extremely minor budget (like 50 000) + when they didn't have any experience of PC coding. Both of them sold very well on PC and they have loyal fanbase on a platform as well. And now 3rd installment is being released at the same time with consoles.

Another instance would be Street Fighter V that is receiving cross-platform play with PS4, game has ran extremely smooth, especially if compared to disaster like MKX, netcode has been lot more solid, playerbase is more dedicated, competetive gaming is more supported and balance patches are targeted to be released once a year if there's no fatal bugs or extremely cheap or overpowered crap. And DLC characters can be earned via playing and even if there was some grinding to be done, they at least give an option to either grind or just pay.

To summarize, I don't hate or despise console gaming at all since I've been the user myself but WB / NRS kind of treating for PC is close-minded, stupid, retarded and extremely old. Instead of MKX's terrible mess, non-existing support, lies and incompetence, Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear and Skullgirls are something that are having some value.

It's just so shame how completely MKX killed me hype and my general biggest interest and joy to the series.

Last edited:
Only thing to be done now is for PC players to vote with the wallet. I won't be buying MK again. Sad as I've played it since the first game in the arcades. Hell I'm not even saving my money as a protest to get better PC support. I'm simply not going back for more after being treated like crap. I'll just end up with another incomplete game.

Publishers and developers get away with far too much poor treatment of customers in this industry. It's disgusting.

so uh did anyone read pig of the hut's comments? something about ggpo and complaints being the reason why pc got canned
seems plausible

Last edited:
I'll echo what BigWillie54 said on the reddit....

Of course he isn't gonna blame the people that pays him. Anyone with a brain knows this was a publisher decision.

WB literally did the same with Batman. Rocksteady wanted to make the port in house. WB thought what they asked for what they needed to do was too expensive for WB so they got the lowest bidding company to make the port who ended up being Iron Galaxy. The problem with that was they themselves are a small developer and where working on a game themselves(Killer Instinct) and they couldn't afford the manpower needed to make a good port. But they needed the money (Microsoft ain't really putting that much money into KI) so they took it and allotted a few people to work on it and you know what happens next.
MK's issue is similar in which WB in trusted a small (and shitty) developer High Voltage (same dudes did Arcade Kollection, remember that disaster?) who are known to cut corners but the publishers that work with them tend to not care since they don't see the value of the pc player base anyways.

Is there a chance that WB just wants to wait until SF5 and KI PC hype blows over?

I am not sure about KI, as I haven't played it. But wait until SFV hype blows over? The guys who are literally offering FREE characters if you're willing to grind? Good luck for WB. I just had a golden opportunity to try BETA of SFV and I can tell you one thing. WB will need to wait for a looong time.

Now if full SFV won't have issues, then PC will be dominated by SFV and KI. MKX is dead on PC. SFV on PS4 most likely will also be more favorable option for casuals or people with lighter wallets. I mean. How can you compete with free? Unless you have insane loyal fanbase, which is willing to spend tons of cash for your DLCs, there is no way you can compete with free stuff. And the way NRS/WB are treating their community... well.

Of course if WB/NRS will decide to keep better netcode exclusive to MKXL... ahahahahaha. That will be just another middle finger for their community. I kinda hope they won't be THAT stupid.

Anyway in short. For them to wait, would be just suicidal.

Just my 2 cents here.

SFV will likely dominate on PS4, for the main reason that fighting games have always just been preferred on Sony consoles.

so uh did anyone read pig of the hut's comments? something about ggpo and complaints being the reason why pc got canned
seems plausible

I posted about this earlier in another thread. Just to be clear: Pig refused to criticise NRS, and he chose his words very carefully as he is an active tournament player and didn't want to jeopardize his relationship with NRS. He said that we should be grateful that NRS keeps supporting the game and spends supposedly millions on GGPO and they stripped down their own code just to implement GGPO and overhaul the whole online code of the game. Pig also never said anything about that NRS chose GGPO over PC support but...

If you do the math: NRS realised early on that the online play in MKX is not good enough. They wanted to do something about it and apparently they have been working on it behind the scenes for months. Online play needed a a complete overhaul and cost a lot of money. In the meantime PC version turned out to be $h*t, needed constant patching and whatnot and it was still flawed after about 20 patches. So NRS needed money for GGPO, PC port took money away from them because of the need of patches. WB looked at the numbers, 500 000 fans were not enough for them to keep supporting the platform. GGPO took a lot of work and they had to strip down the code and rewrite it. And to implement it in the PC version, they should have done it ONCE MORE after it is done on consoles.

So there was no chance we could have the GGPO at the same time as the consoles. KP2 is another story but who knows? So it's possible that WB had plans about releasing an upgraded PC version of MKXL later but the whole situation was handled so badly that their reputation is beyond irreparable. But if they make enough money from the console versions of KP2 and MKXL to call it a success then what will make them to invest money into PC again?

Last edited: