My first true drawing

robdaman061

This is my first drawing, ok not my first. It the first one I actually tried on and took seriously. Tell me what you think. Sorry for the lines, my mom's scanner is getting really bad now.

Misfit said:
You need to get a better scanner though, thos damn lines are annoying. :lol:

Agreed, but for a first drawing, it's not bad. Freehand drawing is a difficult art at best. And the few who are truly gifted at skecthing, drawing and painting I envy. Drawing is my very first love from when I was knee high. So keep on keeping on, and one day in the not too distant future, you will excel.

It's the old saying - Practice Makes Perfect :lol:

Yeah its pretty good for a first drawing... So heavily critising it would be too cruel since you have a faulty scanner anyway. Its good you tried colour, though for a first drawing, perhaps Sub-Zero's MK:D uniform was... Too complex.

Maybe try a simplier one first, get a grips with drawing characters then try more complex stuff? Like the MK1-mk3 costumes?

Of course practice, read art tutorials, practice, try new materials, practice, seek advice and of course practice.

yeah what she said^

I started off with the simple MK3/MK4 Ninja outfits. I don't normally add color to one of my drawings unless I need to. Practice drawing one of the ninjas and once you can draw them from heart and change thier position and size move on to another.

I'll say this first: It's better than anything I could do from scratch. I'm terrific at altering what's already there, but making something from nothing is a concept with unfortunately eludes me. Now I've seen some pretty damned good artists in my time, and I appreciate artists more than most (of any calibur) simply because I envy them so. You show more promise than ALOT of artists I've seen online, and I'm gonna tell you now there are some people that I've said "they should just stop even trying" but you have some real potential.

Onto actual content of the picture, I can say this, the details are perfect as far as I can see. The dragon face on his shoulder pad looks great, and the details on the mask are perfectly placed. HOWEVER, there is some bad news...the dragon is entirely wrong, in pretty much all ways. His extremities are very ill proportioned and he isn't particularly symetrical in the head region.

Thats pretty good for a first drawing. I agree with Angel here. Subs costume is complex...

I Never Colour in my pictures unless it's for a school poster or something.