My first fake

ScorpZero

BANALITY
This is my first attempt on making fake MK pics on this site, there's a lot of room for improvement of course.

What do you think?

Would of course be nicer if it were animated, but that's a step up. (I know how to do that btw, if you ever want to try)

I don't know if the shadows look good without but the gore is way over kill 8.5/10

LOL 9/10 for killing Johnny.

Uh, hmm...no.
You're a good artist, Scorps...But this fake isn't anything at all.
I don't know why people are rating it as 9/10, because it isn't that.
If the screen already says Fatality, Cage's upperbody should already be on the ground. And, unless Sub-Zero actually took the time to take out all of those organs, they wouldn't be there.
Also, what's is this fake's -biggest- problem?
It's just cut and paste, and that's pretty bad.
Even more than that....you pasted the lower body, actually -all- parts, way too close to the edge of the floor, they could just slip right into the acid, which is bad.
It's also saved very poorly, Very pixelated.
4/10.

Sapphire said:
Uh, hmm...no.
You're a good artist, Scorps...But this fake isn't anything at all.
If the screen already says Fatality, Cage's upperbody should already be on the ground. And, unless Sub-Zero actually took the time to take out all of those organs, they wouldn't be there.
Even more than that....you pasted the lower body, actually -all- parts, way too close to the edge of the floor, they could just slip right into the acid, which is bad.
4/10.

Yeah Im a good artist because I ve been doing it for a long time, Im new with fakes so hopefully I will get better with practice. Hey its not that bad for my first fake.

Hey Sapphire i bet you didn't know his body is attached to the hooks! Oh what now Mr. I-know-everything?

Boo rah! So in case you didn't notice the hook is attached into his body thus he couldn't fall. But observation I guess is my thing. And we can both not use names if you wish. Just messin with you Sapphire although I am correct. (I presume)

If that's what happened, then did Sub-Zero freeze his lower half, rip him apart, and then hook him to that thing?

Actually i think he perma froze him to stop him from movin uppercutted his lower half and then caused his body to get attached to the spikes if you look closely you can clearly see part of a hook that shouldn't be in acertian angle near JC's body. I'm pretty sure it is attached or other-wise never mind LOL.

-Never mind SZ got to it first.

pheonix said:
Hey Sapphire i bet you didn't know his body is attached to the hooks! Oh what now Mr. I-know-everything?

Boo rah! So in case you didn't notice the hook is attached into his body thus he couldn't fall. But observation I guess is my thing. And we can both not use names if you wish.

hey Mr. Smartass... learn physics for us please. If the body were attached to that hook, it would hang down from the shoulder, not in the position it is. It hanging from the hook may have been the intention, but that is only one in a number of flaws with this fake. If you're ready for it, ScorpZero, here goes, if not, look away now :shock:

The compression you used for saving the picture is disgusting. If you use paint, don't save fakes as .png, you lose so much detail becuase it adds a bunch of lines across the picture. Instead, save it as a .bmp. You won't lose any quality this way, and with the picture size being so small, the file size won't jump up on you too much.

The life bars, dragon medallions, and text are placed incorrectly. they should also be darkened for a fatality. Go copy a screen capture from MK Warehouse and study the proper placement so you can get it right :)

The extra bits and pieces that aren't intestines look very out of place. Nothing there is a distinguishable body organ and detracts from the over all image.

I wouldn't say the gore is over done bloodwise, just that it's put in the wrong place from where Sub Zero and Johnny Cage are. They're on different planes from each other. The sprites should actually be on the same plane as the blood and body parts.

I already mentioned the positioning of JC on the hook. It looks bad, because his body would hang with the torso down with where that hook is.

The background looks darkened, but not darkened enough.

Not a bad attempt for a first fake but the fact that it is a first fake doesn't get you any slack in the rating department :p

5/10 (and that's just becuase I'm inebriated :shock: )

(Adressed to K1LLKANO)Someone can't take a little joke XP. That is why I said "Just messing with you." I don't take fakes like "Me must point all physics I'm bad at it myself and hey I don't claim to be an expert.

Anyway the two bad things I saw although I'm not a master XP.

Are :

-No shadows

-Way too much gore (IE Gore over kill )

But as I can see you've pointed out 50 things wrong with it damn dude. I guess taking it lightly on ANYTHING is out of the question? I know he needs to improve (Don't give the stupid speech again :roll: :wink: ) but serioulsly I think he already knows it IE his first message.

It can pass for the real thing. I'd be fooled if I didn't know ahead. No shadows, but hey, I'm in a good mood. I'll let it slide. Over all, nice..
9.5 out of 10 :D

O. My. God. I totally forgot about physics! I mean to say, I was just uppercutting people 10 feet into the air without batting an eyelash! Hey, did you know people actually scream AFTER they've been killed and gibbed too? I betcha didn't! And I shouldn't even get INTO the fact that everybody I know can shoot fireballs, turn people to ice, and rip off people's body parts without any recoil effect whatsoever!

In short, IT'S MK PEOPLE, stop bitchin' about physics in a fake picture.

For what it's worth ScorpZero, I love it.

Glamador said:
O. My. God. I totally forgot about physics! I mean to say, I was just uppercutting people 10 feet into the air without batting an eyelash! Hey, did you know people actually scream AFTER they've been killed and gibbed too? I betcha didn't! And I shouldn't even get INTO the fact that everybody I know can shoot fireballs, turn people to ice, and rip off people's body parts without any recoil effect whatsoever!

Thanks Glamador!!! :D :D

Glamador said:

All I can say is you burned them. Ouch I didn't know an inferno lived.

Thanks God for another great opinionated person. All hail Glamador.

Sapphire said:
4/10.

You say that as though your pallette-swapped, copied and pasted pieces of shit deserve anything even remotely as respectable. Sure, I agree that this is deserving of nothing more than a 3/10, but I possess the actual talent to back up my unpleasant mark. You?--You have the exact same issue he does, only you aren't any good at it.

Upon further dissection of your asinine critique, I should make you aware that the "Fatality" text can appear while a body is suspended in midair. If you enter the combination for a fatality just before the victory text rolls up, then there is a possibility that the declaration would appear just before the body connects with the ground.

I, as a renowned God of the art, can say that copying and pasting get no marks from me. However, if the artist shows palpable signs of improvement over the copied and pasted work, as opposed to acting as you have and adopting it as an actual technique, then, at the very least I can say that he's got my respect for moving on and progressing so quickly.

By the way, are you even familiar with the term "pixelated"? Should an image give off the impression of pixelation, parts of it would be blocky, not smooth. I suggest you put a quick end to making the effort in critiquing like you're better than the guy who've never touched the industry before. If anything, you're no better off than he is. At least he's got some work that's shown signs of improvement.

If you're going to hand him a somewhat complimentary score of 4/10, then the obvious thing to do would be to point what earned him those extra three points. *sigh*

As for my critique, all I can say is copied and pasted, five-minute works never get my respect. In addition, the hunks of flesh and sinew have no business in this image, as Johnny would have had to have exploded for them to have excuse in being there. That's clearly not the case. Anyway, 2/10. No marks for effort because copying and pasting require no effort, but at least everything is well-positioned in accordance to how it should be.

Sapphire, your shit's overrated as much as this is. Either improve yourself, or let the new guy's have their time to shine. Have a nice day, and love me long time.[/i]

^Damn. I read that and all I can say is holy shit!

Can you post some of your work or links if I missed them?

Well, Mr. God of Art, I'm so very impressed with you. Seeing as you have only one post, and it's only this one. The only "God of art" I can see around here would be ScorpZero, because his art has some real personality. You obviously have no experience in this, seeing as you can't tell that I'm not making my own art style, but emulating that of my "brother" Kor, and the fake-contest winner K1ll Kano is also giving me some pointers in my art. So, before you get to giving any pointers to anyone, why don't you post some art and see what rating you get, eh?
And, as said by the great shinobi, "Overconfidence is the greatest enemy" I can tell you now, your art isn't as good as you're making it out to be.

Furthermore, you're trying to make it sound like I'm saying the fake is bad, I'm just saying that there's nothing to it, it's just some cut and paste sprites.
So, before you decide to type in something like that, maybe you should make sure you have some room to talk, instead of just declaring yourself a God, which I can promise you, you are nowhere near.