My First Dabble In 3D Modelling

ChiefThunder

Thanks to a very close friend of mine in real life who shall remain anonymous due to being a non-member on these boards. I was able to aquire the demo version of a brand new 3D modelling/rendering program. The below screen captures are of a few simple manipulations I have done. You are given only base models in the trial version, but nonetheless I was able to fool around and have some fun with them. The demo does offer a lot of options and many things can be done.

You have basically 6 studios:

1. The combination studio, where you put your model together either from a base model or in the full version you can build it yourself. There are countelss variations and props can be added.

2. Proportion studio is wher you can make your model fat, skinny, tall, short etc etc. As an example you can have a normal proportioned model and give them very fat long fingers.

3. Sculpture studio. This is where the real fun is so far. In here are given mesh and grid options to manipulate any part of your model. I have come up with some very freaky looking results, lol.

4. Pose studio is where you can make any pose you want. You also have base poses to get you going. I made a contortionist girl thatw as so weird but very funny.

5. Texture studio. This obviously for making the skins for your model. Wrinkles etc etc. Even the finest detail can be achieved in this studio.

6. And finally, the Render studio. Here you highlight and add shadows to your model. Then render it and save the file for export to other programs.

These are my first fool around models. They are base models only. But I messed around with them alot :lol:

joe.jpg

JOE

Joe is one of the base males models. I gave him a stupid look and twisted his skeleton. I added the pimples on his face, the texture and altered the overall look in the Sculpture studio

meegan.jpg

MEEGAN

First I slected the base face model. Then I gave Meegan a liittle gothic look and gave her white skin. Also added and changed the shape of her face here and there. I had much longer hair on her, but you cant see it all. So I cut it short, lol.

meegan_eye.jpg

MEEGAN CLOSEUP

This pic shows in detail the eye and eyelash which I colored and I added makeup too. Note the purple shades of makeup and the eyeball colors and details can be finely tuned. Gave her bushy eyebrows too. This pic has no skin texture as of yet. I added that later

jonpiair.jpg

JONPIAIR

I didnt do much here, just added texture to his clothes and changed his head a bit. Weird looking freak. I'll say that much. Eyes and head I changed too. And using a proportion studio tool, I bloated his head even more

ruby.jpg

RUBY

Ruby is my fav so far. I gave her the matching lingerie. As well as making her eyes red and her lips red and making that pose. And befort anyone asks, I was going have her giving the Bird to the screen. But I changed my mind, hahaha. Everything can be altered, reposed and highlighted to your taste. I made her neck wider and added the little freckles. She had darker skin, but I made it whiter and youll also norte the left shoulder joint is contorted a bit? I did not alter the skeletoon correctly from the right angle. That can take a lot of doing. But I'm new to this :lol:

PS: If you want to know what program this is? Please PM me only! I will not advervrtise this kinda stuff on the open forums, thanks.

It looks like Poser from DAZ but doesn't have the layout...

Have you checked all the files for the program, what does it say as it load up, is there a help bit?

Edit:

By the way those aren't bad...

... Demos usually mean the actual program is... 'Expensive'.

But what the producers make money most from is the models, not the program. I wanted a dragon for Poser by Daz once... It was something like $10 per dragon... Or for a pack... Something like that.

Best place to pick up models, as freebies with magazines. You can get 10 or more objects (£100+ worth) for £5.99. :wink:

Angel said:
It looks like Poser from DAZ but doesn't have the layout...

Have you checked all the files for the program, what does it say as it load up, is there a help bit?

Edit:

By the way those aren't bad...

... Demos usually mean the actual program is... 'Expensive'.

But what the producers make money most from is the models, not the program. I wanted a dragon for Poser by Daz once... It was something like $10 per dragon... Or for a pack... Something like that.

Best place to pick up models, as freebies with magazines. You can get 10 or more objects (£100+ worth) for £5.99. :wink:

It's called Quidam by N-Sided, a French company and this is a brand new program aimed at aspiring 3D artists. I made these up with version 1.00. version 1.1 is available for download now.

Yes there is a help file is fairly good. Yeah there will be many model packs and plugins so that anything made in Quidam can be exported to other major 3D programs, like Maya, 3DMax, 4Cinema, Lightwave etc etc.

I saw the advert for this progem ina a 3D Mag. I noted down the website and when I got home I checked it out.

Here are some mome weirdos I made. I call them Pan, you know, Pan? Nevermind. I used the Joe base model and stuffed around for about 20 minutes.

pan_1.jpg

PAN white version

pan_2.jpg

PAN black version