Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat 2014

I know the projections aren't actually important, but I have two WRs and a TE that are all projected to get 67 rec yds and one TD.

I mean, at least TRY to not make them look like total BS.

My team is too WR-heavy. I normally like to rely on RBs. Having the last pick in the first round doesn't leave a lot of options. It'll take all of my cunning to make the playoffs this year.

Same here buddy. Drafting late sometimes necessitates interesting strategy. But fantasy leagues aren't entirely won at the draft. We gotta look out for the fantasy stars that haven't even made our roster yet and make the right moves

I know the projections aren't actually important, but I have two WRs and a TE that are all projected to get 67 rec yds and one TD.

I mean, at least TRY to not make them look like total BS.

My team is too WR-heavy. I normally like to rely on RBs. Having the last pick in the first round doesn't leave a lot of options. It'll take all of my cunning to make the playoffs this year.
I was in your shoes last year, and determined to avoid what happened to me the year before, I picked RBs with back-to-back picks to start my draft.

CJ Spiller was my first followed by Jamaal Charles. Spiller flopped (which now scares me away from Bills RBs, since Fred Jackson flopped on me the year before), while Charles made me the reigning champ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'd rather have Romo a bit early than the POS QB's that would be left by the time I would hope he is still available, lol.

Also, F U WELKER

What did Welker do?!

EDIT: Oh yeah...PEDs. Just saw it on my NFL Mobile app. Expected out of a disciple of Belicheat.

Last edited:
Matt Ryan (QB, ATL) went 83rd overall in Round 7. That was my first QB taken. 3 picks later, I took Russell Wilson. A rather unconventional approach at stocking up on QBs, I must admit, but it does give you an idea how late you could've gotten your first QB not named Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, or Brees.

And I think my Draft Recap is jinxing me with that A+ rating, even going as far as projecting me to repeat.

Last edited:
Matt Ryan (QB, ATL) went 83rd overall in Round 7. That was my first QB taken. 3 picks later, I took Russell Wilson. A rather unconventional approach at stocking up on QBs, I must admit, but it does give you an idea how late you could've gotten your first QB not named Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, or Brees.

And I think my Draft Recap is jinxing me with that A+ rating, even going as far as projecting me to repeat.

In another league, I picked up Philip Rivers as my QB1 in the 8th round. He's always been a solid fantasy QB, but yeah outside the top 5 "elite" QBs, you can wait on picking one up until the middle rounds, since there are several options to strengthen your teams elsewhere.

Last year, I used my first 4 picks on backs and receivers. This year, it was my first 6 picks. I usually see what QB is available in Round 5, and if there's like 10 players ranked ahead of him, I take a receiver. I think I could've bad Gronk in Round 4, but I'm hesitant about drafting the "star" player who I know has a well-documented history of injuries, especially someone coming back from a serious one.

Last edited:
The games have begun!!!!

and I just decided to put my backup QB in the game... may change my mind... since my QB's oppose each other late Monday night, I have plenty of time LOL

I'm sitting my Thursday Nighters this week. Randall Cobb is sitting for obvious reasons.

I don't have any Thursday nighters to sit. And with my QB and one RB playing late Monday if I beat mkray it will most likely be a late comeback

Well it looks like Jade is the big opening night winner this year. Though it's not nearly what mkray whipped out last year

The Seattle defense hasn't lost a step. They might even be better than last year if that performance is any indication. It may be time to routinely bench players that are facing them

The Seattle defense hasn't lost a step. They might even be better than last year if that performance is any indication. It may be time to routinely bench players that are facing them
Already planning on it.

Meanwhile, I left Randall Cobb on my bench, thinking Richard Sherman was going to be on him...

Then again, his TD was in garbage time.

Funnily enough, Sherman's stats were all zeroes in that game: no tackles, no passes defended, no interceptions. It seemed like Green Bay didn't throw to his side of the field.

Last edited:
Nothing funny about it. Revis' stats were the same in his prime. The offense won't throw his way, so that whole side of the field is shut down

I'm actually in the speculative camp for once: Hearing reports that the NFL might change their drug policy by Sunday. That means that more than likely Wes Welker, Matt Prater, and even Josh Gordon will get reduced suspensions.

Therefore, I'm picking up Josh Gordon on the off chance that he gets like an 8 game suspension, saving him for the stretch run. Fingers crossed, though, if the reports are true.