MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

You're conflating hero with protagonist. Compelling protagonists are rarely heroes, they're much more often flawed anti-heroes who struggle with, and are at times overcome by, their own selfish motivations.

Scorpion makes for a shitty hero (because that ruins what we like about Scorpion), but he could be a very compelling protagonist.

I see your point and I do agree that it would ruin Scorp to be a hero. End of the day Nrs is going to do what they want but I seriously think they should stick to what they did. Mkxs story would seem kinda pointless if they dropped Cassie and co seeing as this was a passing of the torch type of game

Or you could defeat Tarkatan Trash in Mortal Fantasy Football Kombat... click the link in my sig for details... 3 spots left!

You forgot to bring up the fact that I am a former champion, too. Beating former champions brings prestige.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I see your point and I do agree that it would ruin Scorp to be a hero. End of the day Nrs is going to do what they want but I seriously think they should stick to what they did. Mkxs story would seem kinda pointless if they dropped Cassie and co seeing as this was a passing of the torch type of game

Agreed 100%.
If they gave Cassie, Kung Jin, Takeda and Jacqui top billing for MKX's story mode, then NRS likely wants to build them up and continue with them carrying that torch onto the next game.
Sonya, Johnny and Jax can sit for a few games after this one, and do cameo roles in the MK11's story mode.
No big deal.
If Sonya, Johnny and Jax sit out for MK11, then that also means 3 more possible spots for post-MK3 characters like Fujin, Sareena and Havik or 3 more new characters in MK11.

I think Kai would make a great hero character. And I concur that the new gen characters are bland. They either need a lot more work put into them now they've been introduced or they should stay on the sidelines.

Heroes:
- Jade (Possessed)
- Kai
- Li Mei
- Sareena
- Hanzo Hasashi
- Kuai Liang
- Cassie Cage
- Kung Jin
- Takeda
- Jacqui Briggs
- Kenshi
- Fujin
- Taven
- Nitara

And those should be the main heroes of MK 11.

Ugh, people suggesting Jade should have plant powers just have no idea what she's about at all. She's first and foremost an assassin who is all about stealth, shadows and speed. She's not Poison Ivy 2.0.

And if you can only think of Twilight when talking vampires, I can't help but feel sorry for you. Vampiric lore goes WAY beyond that crappy series, and Nitara has some great potential to be a really cool addition to the roster. I do like both Sareena and Skarlet as well though and I definitely wouldn't cry if either of them made it into the game, but I like Nitara just a bit more, and she can bring the best aspects of both of the other two and only take up one spot on the roster rather than split it in two and have Sareena and Skarlet take up 2 spots.

There can be a plant character without changing an already established character. There's no reason to change Jade into something she's not.

As for Nitara, she debuted in MKDA which was released 2002, while the first Twilight book was released 2005. Nitara has nothing to do with that series and to suggest otherwise is ignorant.

However, Bram Stoker's Dracula from 1897 stars Dracula's brides which were beautiful and seductive women who tempted and tortured the lawyer Jonathan Harker.

Sounds like you don't really know your vampires. Your depiction of them is more about personal opinion. And fair enough, you prefer to have vampires be ugly and monstrous... but that doesn't mean that's how vampires HAVE to be like! It's a fictional creature, and it's up to the author to decide how they should be depicted in their written world.

And guess what... in Mortal Kombat, Nitara is a vampire. And there's not anything you can do about it, really. Whether you accept it or not doesn't matter.

And fair enough, you prefer to have vampires be ugly and monstrous... but that doesn't mean that's how vampires HAVE to be like! It's a fictional creature, and it's up to the author to decide how they should be depicted in their written world.

This.
I know that it's a divisive subject that's been touched upon before, but (IMO) it would be cool to see Nitara without the wings and with a new look.
Maybe a Blade or Underworld type of look to her.

No reason to get personal now is it? The first made-up vampires of human kind were ugly, horrid undead monsters, not cute seducers, those were called Succubus, not really Incubus as they were pretty ugly outside of dreams and nightterrors, pretty sure you didn't knew that, as you probably use the name Incubus from the band or pretty versions i've seen flying around in some movies and games.

If people want a sluttly vampire there is of course the Baobhan Sith, and the Leanan Sidhe, which is actually more like a evil muse, but okay, her life-draining fits vampires.

I have something against slutty, pretty vampires and characters in Mortal Kombat, some normal-looking or ugly-woman horror creature would be a welcome change for me, at least Killer Instinct has one of those (Hisako)
Ed Boon & CO aren't too fond of Nitara as well, so I hope we see a better vampire one day, one worthy of the Vampire name.

Again, my opinion, and there is nothing you can do about that. ;-)

Your ignorant assumptions says a lot about you... And I feel no need to justify myself to you. You don't know me and this arrogant bullshit you're trying to throw at me just puts you in a bad light. Why you feel the need to be like this... I don't really care.

Your opinion is insignificant. Fact is, Nitara is a vampire in the MK universe, because that's how MK's writers and designers made her. So I don't really care how you want them to be.

Feel free to create your own fictional universe and design vampires however you want though.

If you cut the wings of Nitara, she would be even more bland and common-looking. Just pretty female # 100. Ugh, not my style.

Nah.
To me, she looked like a big Gargoyle (from the cartoon) with those wings and not really like a vampire in the sense of Dracula and other vampires of fictional lore.
Again, maybe it's just me, but aside from the boots the comparison doesn't seem too far off (IMO).

Gargoyles.jpg nitara MK.jpg

If they cut her wings, then why just don't give us some better Vampire/Moroi in MK11 or beyond?

I'd be fine with a new character like that, as well.
Doesn't specifically have to be Nitara, but I wouldn't mind a revamped (no pun intended) version of the vampires in the MK lore.

I say put Whoretara in so that Kotal can have some deep fried chicken wings. Gotta have that protein for optimal gains!

Your standards are below the floor. :lol: "beauty princesses". Also you sound like an SJW yourself.

Jacqui is the ugly girl. And D'vorah, to be fair.

But there's nothing "SJW" about having a character roster that represents several groups of people and culture. That's called diversity. But it's easy to be an internet troll and b!!ch about it if you have nothing else to do in your life.

Last edited:
In MK9, maybe... she had that Michael Jackson face then.
I'm just overall glad NRS is getting better and better at making faces. I2's are gorgeous.