MK Trilogy VS. UMK 3

Jack Diesal

Hi. I'm new and for my first topic I would like to ask what the differance is between MK Trilogy and UMK 3. I can get either. Is MK trilogy just a super ultimate MK3, or should I just get both?

Get MKTrilogy. Trilogy has every character from the previous three games and you get to play as the bosses.

CORRECTION you only get to play as the bosses in the PLAYSTATION version.

and the playstation version has a buttload of glitches so get used to those...i

UberReaper777 said:

I had it on both Playstation and N64, and neither of em had any glitches

UberReaper777 said:

No, you were able to play as Shao Kahn and Motaro on their levels if you did certain button tricks before the match started on the N64 version.

Jack Diesal said:
Hi. I'm new and for my first topic I would like to ask what the differance is between MK Trilogy and UMK 3. I can get either. Is MK trilogy just a super ultimate MK3, or should I just get both?

I would get both if you're a collector.

But the best bang for your buck is MKT, with more characters and levels.

Get MKT... You get all the characters, plus much more... like the tournaments and the 2on2's & 3on3's... :D

Ermac and Rain are on Trilogy? I did not know this.. I remember them being on UMK3 though.. badass ;)

g0d said:
Ermac and Rain are on Trilogy? I did not know this.. I remember them being on UMK3 though.. badass ;)

Rain wasn't in UMK3. Well, he was on the Genesis/SNES versions, but I don't really count those. He and Noob didn't even have fatalitites in those versions.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
g0d said:

Rain wasn't in UMK3. Well, he was on the Genesis/SNES versions, but I don't really count those. He and Noob didn't even have fatalitites in those versions.

myeah, that was stupid...they only had the Brutality... love them on MK Trilogy though... :D

Neither UMK3 or MKT are true MK games... they are merely collections of characters thrown together by Ed Boon to pacify the crybabies who just HAVE to have their favorite character in every game.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
g0d said:

What other versions are there? Are you referring to the arcade?

Jack Diesal said:
What other versions are there? Are you referring to the arcade?

Well, there's the arcade version, there's the 16-bit versions (with Rain and Noob added, but minus Sheeva), and there's the Sega Saturn version (which is just like the arcade version). Rain and Noob Saibot weren't in the original arcade and Saturn versions of the game. They were only added in the 16-bit versions, which came out about the same time as Mortal Kombat Trilogy (well after the Saturn version came out).

That cover everything?

undertaker3x7 said:
UberReaper777 said:

I had it on both Playstation and N64, and neither of em had any glitches
me too