Kreate a Fighter for Mortal Kombat (2011)?

Personally, I love character creators. Half my time in Soul Calibur 3 and 4 was spent in the character creator. I'd like it to be just like those games did it, where it's really just an alt-costume generator, not for new and unique kombatants. Let me make classic Scorpion, and actually have all his moves.

Its not a horrible idea but I felt it wasn't what mk needed. Especially when they did kreate a fatality too. Seemed like the kreators of the game didn't have any more ideas so they were like "eh we'll let the player make their own game."

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Personally, I love character creators. Half my time in Soul Calibur 3 and 4 was spent in the character creator. I'd like it to be just like those games did it, where it's really just an alt-costume generator, not for new and unique kombatants. Let me make classic Scorpion, and actually have all his moves.

That's a good idea.

Create a fighter mode to me only works with certain fighting games, like SC4. MKA kreate a fighter looked plain silly once you finished everything and you are actually fighting online or whatever. With a serious fighter like MK, modes like this just dumbs it down and takes the seriousness of it away. C'mon MK people it's "FINISH HER/HIM", not "give me a new dress".

Kreate a Fighter should return so we can make our favorite characters that won't make it in the game's roster at all. Not even as DLC. Plus, I like creating my own original characters. :)

Sorry i think im going to have to disagree with you here! Kreate a Fighter is a great idea but no in this scenerio. I guess to me it didnt mesh well. Maybe if they find a way to make it flow and look better than i would give it a chance! AND NO KREATE A FATALITY either! that was diappointing aswell!

kreate a fighter

does anyone else miss this? I loved it in MKA but felt it was half-hearted. With todays graphics, it would be as good as time as ever, only with more less limitations.

Re: kreate a fighter

Don't need it. It annoyed me people would always use their KAK character online and I never really used mine because of the puzzle image in the loading screen and the "You win. FATALITY!" thingy XD

They have to improve alot for me to want it back. Ed said it probably won't be in this version and that he doesn't think we've seen the end of KAF. (if i remembered what the interview said korrectly)

They have to improve alot for me to want it back. Ed said it probably won't be in this version and that he doesn't think we've seen the end of KAF. (if i remembered what the interview said korrectly)

Hey I hope KAF just never comes back. It was okay to dabble in, but I'd much rather them focus on other parts of the game. I can and will live without KAF.

I don't think a game franchise that's still trying to find it's preferred playstyle can afford to devote resources to something like a KAF system. Soul Calibur can do it because Soul Calibur really only tweaks it's fighting engine from game to game, not drastically overhaul it like MK. The team was able to introduce KAF in MKA because they found themselves in that situation, where they were only tweaking the engine and had a lot of time to put in other things.

Until MK can really nail down an excellent fighting system that it intends to keep for a few games (one that can be recognized by the fighting community as "good"), I don't think the team should attempt KAF again. That said, with WBs financial backing I don't think MK will be lacking in resources in future. Who knows? Maybe they'll have a big enough team and a big enough budget to try KAF again.

Misquoted! He said we might not have seen the end! XD

Well, I did want to play as Li Mei and few others that won't make it back as playables. I hope they are playable then I'll be ok w/out KAK.

I don't think a game franchise that's still trying to find it's preferred playstyle can afford to devote resources to something like a KAF system. Soul Calibur can do it because Soul Calibur really only tweaks it's fighting engine from game to game, not drastically overhaul it like MK. The team was able to introduce KAF in MKA because they found themselves in that situation, where they were only tweaking the engine and had a lot of time to put in other things.

Until MK can really nail down an excellent fighting system that it intends to keep for a few games (one that can be recognized by the fighting community as "good"), I don't think the team should attempt KAF again. That said, with WBs financial backing I don't think MK will be lacking in resources in future. Who knows? Maybe they'll have a big enough team and a big enough budget to try KAF again.

SC can do it because its layout mean anything can be tweaked to just slightly different.

But I would never call their one better then MK:Arm's, because to be quite frank, most of the outfits just left your little avatar looking **** silly. I now you can change the colours, but purple stockings? About 50% of the colours the game uses just weren't pigments you'd find in every day life at thge time so characters just always loook silly. I know its fantasy, but theres only so far things can look before things fall out of place.

And I wouldn't say MK:Arm's was worst though, because at least you could make characters that looked like someone... Even it it does mean your tick off the anti-gaming lawyer we all hate to the point he attempts to sue for "having his image in the game". Blah! ¬_¬'

SC can do it because its layout mean anything can be tweaked to just slightly different.

But I would never call their one better then MK:Arm's, because to be quite frank, most of the outfits just left your little avatar looking **** silly. I now you can change the colours, but purple stockings? About 50% of the colours the game uses just weren't pigments you'd find in every day life at thge time so characters just always loook silly. I know its fantasy, but theres only so far things can look before things fall out of place.

And I wouldn't say MK:Arm's was worst though, because at least you could make characters that looked like someone... Even it it does mean your tick off the anti-gaming lawyer we all hate to the point he attempts to sue for "having his image in the game". Blah! ¬_¬'

Not that this has anything to do with the topic... but I'm pretty sure MK has always been set in present day. So to say that you can't find purple stockings in MK universe doesn't really make sense.

After that though I will say that the look of the characters was my least favourite part. Also it was only a matter of time before the only way you could be competitive with the character was with a certain move set. Which I found to be annoying.

Sent from my Moment while I should be working...

The idea of creating characters is not to limit the creativity of your audience Angel. I have a friend who always decorates his characters in the most ridiculous pink/purple/blue attire that I think looks just awful. But it makes him happy. I make my characters more believable, and that makes me happy. The only thing to take away from this is that creating things is fun whether they look out of place or not isn't an issue really. Making their creations fit is the job of the people that mold them, not the tools.

Create Fighter Is Dificult To Make ... Test All Variations Use Loot Of Time ... Personaly I Want Customize Special Atacks Maybe Unlockable Special Atacks For Example : Fighter Can Have 6 Special Atacks But Can Use In Fight Just 4 So You Deside Wat Special You Love More & Use Them =) Or Possibilyty To Shange How Special Atack Is Done Like Sonya Leg Grab Was Done <= => O & You Not Like Then You Shange It To => => O . That Will Be Cool =)

I think Kreate-A-Fighter isnt the best idea for the game, but i think have a Shop that you use Kombat Koins can buy several different things that correspond wiht that Particular character!

Head:
Sunglasses
Hats
bandanas
Mask
etc...

Upper Body:
Shirts
Body Armor
Body Accessories
Vest
etc...