Kratos to star in upcoming mortal kombat

I think that's what people need to remember :D

For me thats not the point, this is supposed to be the reboot, bringing the franchise back to its roots. Darker, gritter, more violent, Mortal Kombat in its purest form. Adding Kratos or any other Joe Blow character regardless if they might fit or not does take something away from that.

This is absolute bull! This is Mortal Kombat, not SoulCalibur!! I refuse to have a crossover character in this game! If it's DLC or a preorder thing, then great! Leave it out of the damn final product!!

Oh wow... I cant believe this. What was going to be a reboot, an att.empt to bring us back to the glory days of MK, is now ruined. I was seriously sold on NR's vision of this game, i thought it was going to be one of the best MK's ever, and it would bring new found life into the series. Now this is all ruined, this game has just turned into soul calibur, adding kratos in takes the hype away from what their actual plan is, which is catering to us fans who have been craving to relive the hype and popularity MK had in the 90's. More people are gonna be sold on the fact that Kratos is in it, rather than it being a reboot. NR Studios, you have just messed up the greatest hyped MK game. Im still probably gonna love the game, but the perfection i thought it was gonna be, no longer exists.

i love me some Kratos......honestly i think hes an excellent addition and i dnt think he;ll be in the story mode

Oh wow... I cant believe this. What was going to be a reboot, an att.empt to bring us back to the glory days of MK, is now ruined. I was seriously sold on NR's vision of this game, i thought it was going to be one of the best MK's ever, and it would bring new found life into the series. Now this is all ruined, this game has just turned into soul calibur, adding kratos in takes the hype away from what their actual plan is, which is catering to us fans who have been craving to relive the hype and popularity MK had in the 90's. More people are gonna be sold on the fact that Kratos is in it, rather than it being a reboot. NR Studios, you have just messed up the greatest hyped MK game. Im still probably gonna love the game, but the perfection i thought it was gonna be, no longer exists.

Exactly. It's just a marketing ploy to get fans of God of War into MK.

I'd thought I'd never say this...but I'm starting to lose my faith in Mortal Kombat. :'( That really hurt to say.

KRATOS...I think having him as an exclusive character only can only help redeem the franchise to its Gory days. My mind is going crazy with possible fatalities that he can do. I mean i k ow fatalities arent anything new but Kratos had finess n passion in his kills. (Taking a grown man n just ripping them in half) like i said thats nothing special but just the fact that its Kratos makes it all the better for me!

I agree with you on Kratos helping to redeem this franchises gory days. I really love the God of War series and GOW3 was amazing! I can see why some fans are skeptical about Kratos being in the game because it seems like he would still a little of MK's thunder, but honestly this is just a sheer brilliant idea! I mean Kratos is the only exclusive character that I could see pulling this off, because he fits so perfectly in this game. He is not going to interfere with the mythos since he is not going to be in the story mode, and this may draw in new fans who haven't played a MK game and it could expand the the MK following. I do think it should be an DLC character though, he should not be included in the stand alone game.

I remember seeing a vid about a game conference where people were asking Ed boon and two other game designers questions, and when one guy asked about if kratos would make it into the mk game, ed boon said he would be interested into the idea...when i first heard it, I was like "This is gnna be absolutely incredible!!!!".
But after awhile I began to think, how exactly does kratos fit overall in this game??? He may be a god slayer, but overall its a completely different story!!!!! Different gods!!!!!! You cant mix greek gods from mythology with the elder gods from mortal kombat!!!!!!! IT JUST DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i mean, in his overall story, he just kills what ever he gets in his way...I mean the only really match up out of all the mk characters would be Onaga or Blaze...imo, I shao kahn is nothing compared to kratos...the universes just dont seem to match up for me as I once thought I did.

However now, if this is true, and kratos will be in the PS3 version, netherrealm studios better do everything that is damn possible to get a greenlight from Team Ninja to have Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden II exclusive to the 360 version (and whoever decides to start a fight about which console is better, dont even bother)
But like you said numerous times Taj, the diamond in the rough that was to be MK 2011 has faded... *sighs*

Señor Boon,

If you do read these threads;
FOR ALL THAT IS HOLY IN MORTAL KOMBAT, PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP KRATOS OUT OF IT.

At least give us the CHOICE whether or not to get him, VIA DLC!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :(

You can complain about those things in other threads. But this one is about Kratos. Kratos complaints go here. Git et?

See, Noob and Rain belong in MK. No matter how you may feel about them. Noob IS the original Sub-Zero. He very much belongs in these games.

Kratos isn't even an MK product. He belongs in his own lame-ass universe. Even if I liked Kratos, I wouldn't support bringing him into MK9. I love Link, but I would be pissed off if he ever showed up in Mortal Kombat.
Link is my favorite, but you cant compare him with Kratos. Kratos does the violent things we like to see in MK, and much more I might add. Seriously, think about this for a minute. How is this at all going to affect the rest of the overall game if he is only an addition character in the fighting and not in the actual plot? Give me one good reason of how his apperance would hurt this game that we are all excited about, based on what we have already seen. I admit that this should not be a headline, especially so early when there is plenty that we would rather know about the MK related characters.

Link is my favorite, but you cant compare him with Kratos. Kratos does the violent things we like to see in MK, and much more I might add. Seriously, think about this for a minute. How is this at all going to affect the rest of the overall game if he is only an addition character in the fighting and not in the actual plot? Give me one good reason of how his apperance would hurt this game that we are all excited about, based on what we have already seen. I admit that this should not be a headline, especially so early when there is plenty that we would rather know about the MK related characters.

Because its a REBOOT man, weve been saying this time and time again, if youre gonna reboot the series, then focus on rebooting it. Now since theyre involving kratos, that takes away from the original point of this game, and us hardcore fans do not like that.

as long as hes not part of the storyline i dnt mind too much......so hed only be selectable in competitive modes if u know what I mean

Give me one good reason of how his apperance would hurt this game that we are all excited about, based on what we have already seen. I admit that this should not be a headline, especially so early when there is plenty that we would rather know about the MK related characters.

Because this is wasted time on Kratos that could be used on an MK character.
You wouldn't be pissed if NetherRealm substitued Kratos for (your favorite character), and made you buy your favorite character via DLC???
I don't mind KRATOS, AS DLC.
The main roster should be saved for the MK 1 thru UMK 3 characters.
Hell, I could give 2 flying s**** whether Santa Clause is in MK 9, AS DLC.

They can put whoever they want, AS DLC.
They should atleast give THE FANS the choice NOT TO HAVE HIM.

C'mon people, it's not that bad. Ok, it may not be the same with him in the game, but if he's just DLC and do not interfere in the story, than it's OK!

5243722421_f26a891cf4_b.jpg

We already said that those 26 characters will be all the characters from MKT (without bosses and double characters like sub-zero and smoke)...
Does Kratos' appearance mean that there will be 25 MK characters + Kratos? Or will there be 26 MK fighters and a secret field on MK9 roster? Similar to Smoke in MK3?
Kratos would be a nice Easter Egg but it would be sad to lose a MK character because of him

EDIT: If Kratos is one of those 26 characters so will there be one more MK fighter on xbox360 since Kratos won't appear on xbox?

EDIT: If Kratos is one of those 26 characters so will there be one more MK fighter on xbox360 since Kratos won't appear on xbox?

Yeah, as i said before, if kratos really is in this game, netherrealm studios better do all that is damn possible to get the greenlight from Team Ninja for Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden II (not sigma 2, with all the pixie dust) to appear as an exclusive character on the 360 version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE NETHERREALM STUDIOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!