Kratos Gameplay Trailer from Mortal Kombat (2011)

What was missing from Kratos's stage? Aphrodite and her two hot maidens!

Quoted for truth...

I loved Ermac's alt, I just hope they have fixed the back cloth or whatever it's called, so it does not keep phasing through his legs.

Shao Kahn's pet looks deadly, I could very well see a stage fatality based on it.

Kratos arena was the best choice, it would not fit having Hades or Kronos arm as his stage, but this one fits the feel of the other MK arenas, and still gives a GoW feel.

And Kratos gameplay, we can't be sure he's overpowered. He looks nice, now I don't think the QTEs are weird anymore. For the ones saying he's only available on versus mode, that's not true, he has a bio and an ending, he'll be available at least on arcade mode too. Now, about online, I don't know.

As usual, the gamespot video fails to load, so here's the youtube version:

Victor: the black cloth on Ermac's alternate outfit is called a "cape". :p I really like that costume, too.

Great video! I really like how Kratos' moves are. So similar to the God of War games, including the slow motion bits. Nice touch that they add the QTE for a move or two. So pumped!

Plus we saw 2 new stages today - the Shao Kahn stage with the animal, which could possibly have it's own stage fatality. And the Kratos stage, which DEFINITELY has a stage fatality, which Boon said a while ago that Kratos' stage has one of the best stage fatalities in the game. Now we just have to think about what it is.

I think Ermac's alternate looks fantastic! It has a similar look to his primary, but enough changes to make it stand out in a noticably different way. It's really great, and I couldn't think of a better alternate for him. I love the mystic looking hood and veil, as well as the cape in the back. Definitely cool.

I'm excited to see what is in store for others in the game, hopefully they are all as good.

Kratos looks great, as does his arena.

We updated the video at the start of this thread with our own locally hosted HD video clip, easy viewing on mobiles as well.

Anyone notice that Shao Kahn seems different when sitting in his throne in the Throne Room stage? Maybe it's just the lighting, but to me his skin looks... darker. Almost green. I wonder if his appearance will change part-way through story mode for some reason. Maybe when he is defeated at the end of the second tournament he comes back as a zombie? Haha, we'll see... Also, that dog-beast pet of his? Lame.

Not sure what all the "overpowered" talk is all about... pretty much every character trailer we've seen makes that character look overpowered. They are all pulling off what appears to be unblockable 15+ hit combos, but that's not the case. Bring on Kratos for the arcade ladder, tag matches, and online!!!

In my opinion he's gone from just nice addition to something really great. I was getting the PS3 version anyhow cause I don't like fighters with the 360 controller... but this is an awesome bonus to what is going to be a great game anyhow!!!