Jade's Metal Thread

@ RyanRagnarok

You've just made me a fan of Animals As Leaders. Sunn however made me want to punch someone. Not in a good way either...Thing is, that track reminded me so much of atmospheric music played to force you into a certain state of mind. Which is cool I guess. If that was it's purpose is it does it well, but all it seemed to make me feel is...I guess depressed? Which I don't like from my metal. Not even really depressed, just...bleh. When you replied to me in the metal vs numetal thread saying KSE was boring I thought to myself this could mean a million different things. Not heavy enough, too melodic, predictable. But I didn't see how any music could truly be boring. Now I understand completely...I don't think I've ever actually felt animosity towards a song...Just the fact that it exists...I like, I dunno...I almost feel like I want to hurt this song...That can't be normal.

And why the hell do I keep playing it?! It's like I'm looking for something I'm never gonna find...But yeah, I'm now eternally grateful for the AAL link you posted.

@ RyanRagnarok
-snip-

Awesome!
I love getting people into new music.
I don't like KSE, not because they aren't "heavy enough" or "too" melodic but because they are so predictable. "Here comes Howard screaming andddddd BREAKDOWN" -headbang jokingly-.
I understand you don't like Sunn O))) they're one of those bands you have to listen to to find out if you like them or don't. There is no inbetween with them.
That part I don't like about it.
If you like AAL, you will probably like Born of Osiris(Tosin played guitar for them for a little while actually), Veil of Maya, and After the Burial. Kinda spastic, kinda heavy, kinda melodic. But all of those bands have vocals. Give them a shot :D

@SabbathBLOODYSabbath - Thrash til DEATH!! \m/ Awesome post.

Just saw this band last night, first time for them in the US. AMAZING live band, great energy and sound.

Along with this badn... VERY crushing live act as you can obviously tell.. :)

Loving this thread! I'm really big into deathcore currently. My only complaint is the genre is getting boring in a sense. All newer bands I find just seem generic. If anyone has some underground stuff send em my way. In the meantime maybe some of you who are into deathcore will dig these guys if you don't already know them.

Cross the Lips of Grace

EDIT:
Ryan great band! Eyes closed is another good one by them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldtghA7xleE

But I noticed on their latest album the song flourish is basically the same as eyes closed?

EDIT:
Ryan great band! Eyes closed is another good one by them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldtghA7xleE

But I noticed on their latest album the song flourish is basically the same as eyes closed?
Oh my god dude. I've been listening to The Contortionist for yearrrssss. I actually saw them live during their formative year and sometime in... 08 - 09. I can't quite remember but it may have been the best (non)hardcore punk show I've been too.
And you can definitely hear the similarities but the biggest problem with the genre they do is it's hard to have your own sound and not do a similar song down the road sometime.
It's the same way with The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.
Passenger 57 sounds a helluva lot like something from Danza II.
Deathcore is definitely not on my list of favorite genres but when I'm writing, recording, or pretty much doing anything band related it's what I chose to listen to. The raw emotion so many of the bands use on their sound just gets me so pumped.

Another semi-underground deathcore band I think everyone should listen to atleast once is Buried in Verona. Great band from Australia. Deathcore along the vein of Parkway Drive, Suffokate and a little bit of Sea of Treachery(new stuff) thrown in there.
Really great sound, kinda choppy at times with the quality but what can you expect?

Oh my god dude. I've been listening to The Contortionist for yearrrssss. I actually saw them live during their formative year and sometime in... 08 - 09. I can't quite remember but it may have been the best (non)hardcore punk show I've been too.
And you can definitely hear the similarities but the biggest problem with the genre they do is it's hard to have your own sound and not do a similar song down the road sometime.
It's the same way with The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza.
Passenger 57 sounds a helluva lot like something from Danza II.
Deathcore is definitely not on my list of favorite genres but when I'm writing, recording, or pretty much doing anything band related it's what I chose to listen to. The raw emotion so many of the bands use on their sound just gets me so pumped.

Another semi-underground deathcore band I think everyone should listen to atleast once is Buried in Verona. Great band from Australia. Deathcore along the vein of Parkway Drive, Suffokate and a little bit of Sea of Treachery(new stuff) thrown in there.
Really great sound, kinda choppy at times with the quality but what can you expect?

I'm going to check them out now. If you have any more shoot me a PM!