Jade's Metal Thread

sorry could not read the thread atm(useless computer) but my favourite metal bands are Necroverture(progressive metalish hard to explain), gallows for grace(tech death), dining in tuscany(kinda black metal combined with grindcore),stargazer(hard to describe), the amenta(industrial metal), the berzerker(grindcore/death metal influenced by gabba) Adrift for days(doomish metal its much more clean than most doom metal though) and space bong(sludge metal with 2 vocalists one who does higher vocals and one who does more death metal influenced vocals), portal(disturbing wall of noise) and their younger more disturbing brother impetuous ritual

sorry if that was not the point of the thread but i cant read it so ignore this post if it doesnt fit this thread

i know i only listed australian bands but our scene is very far away from most scene's so i only focus on australian bands because if i like an international band then if they ever come to australia, its usually expensive so thats why i usually focus on australian bands, plus i like about 500 bands already i would like over 3000 if i listened to everything

finally can read the thread glad my post is kinda relevant, nothing is more creepy than portal live i saw them live when their singer had the evil pope outfit, he was looking at me while i couldnt see his face which made it extremely creepy but it was an amazing experiance, when it comes to international metal i like dimmu borgir(i know lots of people hate them), slipknot(if you can call them metal), machine head, fear factory, divine heresy, scar symmetry, killswitch engage(i know im listing alot of fake metal but i still like it), bring me the horizon(seen them live twice),ulcerate(their new album is amazing), hypno5e(very good french art metal) i like plenty of international metal its just focused on australia because of those reasons i listed

Goooood stuff, dude. I hear you about your local scene compared to international. Lucky, you get some amazing bands to see like Portal, Ulcerate, and Destroyer 666! I have always wanted to see Portal live, since they have never come to the states. Hopefully I get my wish sometime in the future. They sound like a crushing live act!

Same with Ulcerate, and you're completely right, their new album is fantastic. I actually listened to both Destroyers of All and Everything Is Fire in their entirety today at work. I still need to listen to the new album more, since it hasn't "sunk in" as much as EiF. But I like what I hear, its their bleakest offering yet.

And no worries on what you listen to. Everyone has different tastes. Whatever pops your popcorn, right? :-D

Some new stuff coming out I'm looking forward to.

This band KILLS!!! Love that shit.

I'm getting more and more excited for this new release. It should be BEAST. And I can't wait to see them in June with Abysmal Dawn, Vital remains, and HATE ETERNAL!!

I'm not religious but I don't mind it. If a song sounds good, I couldn't care less what they were singing about.

I listen to Holy Blood, they are a Ukrainian Christian folk metal band.

That sounds like a awesome band! You should try In The Midst Of Lions, they are Death Metal band :D

May i ask you people what your opinion is on Christian Metal?

I wish they wouldn't separate themselves as if they are superior, that is my only realm problem with Christian "genres". I mean I get the Christian Death Metal does tend to sound slightly different to regular, but White Metal..... it sounds exactly the same, what's the problem with just calling yourself a Black Metal band as you are. Don't really listen to any bands in those "genres" but I would if I found one I enjoyed. I don't even see why religion should even be the defining factor of what you want to call your music.

Well my passions are games and music, so this will be my first post XD

Went to an Alestorm show in Melbourne a couple of nights ago and obviously they were great, but there was an amazing surprise for me on the night; A band called Voyager.

Although they obviously don't sound the same, they give me a similar feeling to Nevermore, which is big to me; they were one of my favorite bands and I was GOING to see them next month..... but I guess a lot of you know what happened there.

Anyway heres a couple of tracks from voyager.

These guys were absolutely amazing live, I can assure you the vocals are not tailored, (except for a couple of effects here and there) the vocalist Danny was great, even more expressive live and some of those riffs; though simple, hit so hard live.

Ok so I'm into all sorts of metal. Anything thrash or heavier and I'll give it a listen, though I do have my limit, totally crazy brutal death where they do nothing but 1 0 1 0 1 0 3 0 or some similar pattern every song I'm not so into, I don't like (new school) grind where the songs are all 5 seconds long and there isn't a whole lot of black metal I'm into but there definitely is some I am.

Anyway some great songs.

I'm a real sucker for Swedish metal

Anyway this is super long so I should I should give someone else a turn

Goooood stuff, dude. I hear you about your local scene compared to international. Lucky, you get some amazing bands to see like Portal, Ulcerate, and Destroyer 666! I have always wanted to see Portal live, since they have never come to the states. Hopefully I get my wish sometime in the future. They sound like a crushing live act!

Same with Ulcerate, and you're completely right, their new album is fantastic. I actually listened to both Destroyers of All and Everything Is Fire in their entirety today at work. I still need to listen to the new album more, since it hasn't "sunk in" as much as EiF. But I like what I hear, its their bleakest offering yet.

And no worries on what you listen to. Everyone has different tastes. Whatever pops your popcorn, right? :-D

Some new stuff coming out I'm looking forward to.

This band KILLS!!! Love that shit.

I'm getting more and more excited for this new release. It should be BEAST. And I can't wait to see them in June with Abysmal Dawn, Vital remains, and HATE ETERNAL!!

Thanks alot sorry i took ages to reply i had not checked this thread for ages, its taken me forever to get used to the new album by Ulcerate and i still have not soaked it all in and imo that is the sign of a classic album.

i have never been a massive fan of Destroyer 666, i respect them its just not my kinda music but i do love portal and ulcerate(even if they are from new zealand :p )

Portal were extremely creepy to see live but no other band i have seen compares to them live, and both songs you showed sound good thank you for introducing me to them(heard of both bands just never bothered to listen to them)

Portal were extremely creepy to see live but no other band i have seen compares to them live, and both songs you showed sound good thank you for introducing me to them(heard of both bands just never bothered to listen to them)

I do want to see them live, I can imagine it being an..... interesting experience.

I do want to see them live, I can imagine it being an..... interesting experience.
the entire sound was really good, but tbh it was really hard to pay attention to the sound because their singer was wearing the evil pope hat thing :p while the rest of the member were wearing the executioner hoods with the nooses(also the rest of the members were wearing really snappy 1940's styled tuxedos/suits.

the sound was perfect though i know im going on about their image alot only because it added to the atmosphere but the sound was one of the best i have seen(well heard)

impetuous ritual are coming to america soon for some massive festival(forget its name) so since they share members(stargazer are also coming to that festival who i believe share members with portal also) if you live in america you might be able to see them soon.

i gotta warn anyone thinking of seeing them live, do NOT go on their stage, their bass player tends to push people off their stage(did while i saw them almost pushed the guy into me) so its not a good idea to go on their stage unless you want a push

Haha I live in Australia actually, I really should see them some time but it's not easy to figure out where the hell they are playing it seems... Seems strange to picture people moshing to portal though haha.

Octopope is cool and all but it would've been pretty damn awesome to hear a cuckoo clock growling at you.....

lol they seem to tour the USA more than australia :p i dont know if its still going ahead but there was this massive thing planned for the bald faced stag(the wall) in sydney if you live there

http://www.last.fm/festival/1771151+Evil+Invaders+III

it should be good im not going because im going deaf enough as it is :p so that is why a avoid massive concerts like that but it looks like a hell of a concert

and lol i dont think anyone moshed when i saw them live anyways and im not sure which i rather both were epic :p

Live in Melbourne unfortunately haha. Can't believe I found a portal fan here haha, hard enough to find them on metal focussed sights like sevenstring and metalguitarist. Also, I wear ear plugs, I'm not gonna let myself go deaf anytime soon.

Live in Melbourne unfortunately haha. Can't believe I found a portal fan here haha, hard enough to find them on metal focussed sights like sevenstring and metalguitarist. Also, I wear ear plugs, I'm not gonna let myself go deaf anytime soon.
lol melbourne has the better scene anyways and i cant believe i found a portal fan here either, they seem to be pretty well known ever since swarth though, i was really lazy when it came to wearing earplugs till recently which was not a good idea but at shows most people do not wear earplugs