Injustice Discussion Thread

With holding back to block back dashing would be unsafe in most cases, and I agree with losing the ability to get in quicker with Dash blocking but dash blocking isn't the only option to get in and start your offense. You have Jumping, Teleports, Dashing.

and the same applies for MK in the scenario you gave, Anyone can blocking during the beginning of the round and you have the option to throw or go low/ Overhead depending on how they're blocking. It's up to you the player to pressure them into making mistakes with your offense.

and No? If the teleport is an attack you will block the attack depending on which direction it's coming from the way you block.

@AMES32- Exactly.
I'm not saying I hate the block button, but I'm just nervous I wont get used to it.
I downloaded a SF game a bit ago, & I understand, but its hard to get used to.

I Personally like the back for block thing, because in Mk people would just stand and hold the block button. shit got real annoying especially when you're trying to get them to be apart of the match and all they do his hug the R2 or RT.

That's why you have over-heads and lows...also, fuzzy blockers are easy to bait into throws and reminded that they can't win on block. Not saying that you aren't the one being baited in either...

depending on which direction it's coming from the way you block.

Exactly, thinking back at Dc Vs MK Flash had a back screen upercut special - if I don't react quick enough to press forward for block then it hits!

Last edited:
I was using that just as an example of what I was trying to depict.

Even thought it's an example, do you seriously thing they're going to make it that hard for you to block in the game? They want Casuals and Competitive players alike to pick this game up.

Even thought it's an example, do you seriously thing they're going to make it that hard for you to block in the game? They want Casuals and Competitive players alike to pick this game up.

Absolutely not. It’s not like everyone will have a move similar to the one I mentioned; and as you mentioned before, there are plenty of ways to get around these kinds of things. I just hate it when a function gets overly used.

Absolutely not. It’s not like everyone will have a move similar to the one I mentioned; and as you mentioned before, there are plenty of ways to get around these kinds of things. I just hate it when a function gets overly used.

We just have to get used to it because it's in the game.

Crying for nerfs and buffs will get you nowhere, but finding ways around tactics and exploiting them will win you the match.

Any ideas for some alternates?
These are mine:

Superman
Spoiler:
super_boy_solar_suit_by_sparks220stars-d4gjfxo.png

Wonder Woman
Spoiler:
2300315-wonderwomanarmor2.jpg

Batman
Spoiler:
Batman_Beyond_by_The_BlackCat.jpg

Harley Quinn
Spoiler:
harley.jpg

Nightwing
Spoiler:
I am aware that Dick is like 12 years old here, but this is a perfect Robin design!

Robin_artwork.png

I'd say one classic outfit and then if they want another one, a unique one like Batman Beyond, or Robin Dick grayson. That way anybody can stop complaining about the new costumes, they'll be able to use the costume everyone knows of their favorite hero. Then, go wild with costume ideas, like some of Outworld Goddess's ideas.

EDIT: and maybe later, like as a DLC pack or something, have an Animated Series costume pack, where even the character's faces and everything look like in the series, like in Arkham City.

I'd say one classic outfit and then if they want another one, a unique one like Batman Beyond, or Robin Dick grayson. That way anybody can stop complaining about the new costumes, they'll be able to use the costume everyone knows of their favorite hero. Then, go wild with costume ideas, like some of Outworld Goddess's ideas.

EDIT: and maybe later, like as a DLC pack or something, have an Animated Series costume pack, where even the character's faces and everything look like in the series, like in Arkham City.

they're not doing the cartoon alts. Ed said they're going for a realistic approach and they didn't want it to be like MvC aka cartoony.

they're not doing the cartoon alts. Ed said they're going for a realistic approach and they didn't want it to be like MvC aka cartoony.

I would've totally believed that, coming from him, if we hadn't been told before that we wouldn't see babalities because the new MK was going to take a more serious, violent approach. All we can do now is wait and see.

I would've totally believed that, coming from him, if we hadn't been told before that we wouldn't see babalities because the new MK was going to take a more serious, violent approach. All we can do now is wait and see.

The look of the DCC Characters on that series, or are you going your own direction with it?

ED said:
We are going off our own direction. The Arkham Batman is awesome, I'm certainly a fan of it, but we definitely did not want to say that this is The Arkham Batman that you've already seen.

I'm thinking Ed wants his interpretations on these Characters to stand out. But like you said this is ED Boon. I could see Wb milking it for all it's worth also.

Hmmm. I think the characters I'm gonna main for this game when it comes out are The Flash, Cyborg and Nightwing so far (might change my mind once more characters are revealed in the future).

As for final bosses, Brainiac would fit perfectly, but Darkseid could be there as well, especially when he pulls off his super move, which is a homing Omega Beam that does 85-90% damage.

Doomsday can be a perfect sub-boss, or Amazo as well.

when this game comes out I'm going to make a combo video for Superman with this theme in the background

Long time listener, infrequent poster.

Can't say I was that surprised Boon and Co. decided to flex their licensing muscle and make this game. The guy has mouths to feed.

I've always wondered if Ed could lend his visions to higher concept ideas. He's spearheaded so many fighting game iterations it makes you question if he actually enjoys making video games, or just enjoys playing his 'schtick' with creating video games. If you can be a clinical, dare I say financial, success- year in and out for so long, what stops 'em from reaching out and touching something different?

Listen, I just can't justify the $60 to watch a ragtag comic bunch fight awkwardly on the screen any more. I really can't. Does you license stipulate that you must create a fighter at all? Why not take some of these names and do something with them other than dial in combinations and finishing moves? A menu screen with download content I'll never buy? Well, we can count on the marketability of Marvel to do thou bidding, but that's a tough pill to swallow for your more honest fans.

Any ways, as a fan of MK (2011), I know you can do it, but where can we go from there?