I cant figure out what my problem is (main sub)

psycho4r5

Hey guys so I main sub zero and when I play single player I smash through expert all day with no problems. But for some reason I have a lot of trouble online. my record is like 7/18. Even people with shittier records then mine beat me and its killing me because I know im a good player but I cant get any wins and then when I am winning the person just quits. Im not some spammer I know subs move list very well and can pull all his 30%+ combos without any issues. I have noticed online though that much more often I mess up on the inputs yet offline that never happens. Also Lag seems to just murder me but at the same time I feel like others are not being affected. It also feels like countering with clones and such is close to impossible online because of the lag even blocking is an issue when I press block and nothing happens because of lag. I know this is more of a rant then a real question but can somebody tell me something to make me feel better or help lol?

Records are ******** IMO. I mean, I could have 20/4182183949 and still be an amazing player. So don't worry about people with worse records beating you.

People rage quit.... Just something that comes with a competitive game like MK

The lag is obviously your problem here if you can't put together combos online. Just do what I do, I take some of Jade's (or in your case, Sub-Zero's) shortest combos and use those. Sure they may not be that flashy or damaging, but they deal decent damage and are easy to pull off when there is lag. And the lag will get better. promise. My lag was horrid the last week but today, nearly all my matches were lag free. So lag does get better every so often.

AND EVERYONE is affected by lag. Some people can just deal with it better than you apparently.

And besides, if this was just one bad day online, you'll get over it tomorrow and have another go at it.

that's the thing though it isn't just today I have had this problem since release. when I play my friends I destroy them even the ones that are pretty good. but online i get beasted all the time. I think one of my problems that is actually on my end is I don't use enough mix ups because I really don't know of any low hitting moves sub can use and still combo. but other than that I just don't know. I get blocked all day long and then when I try and block lag ****s it up or I dont predict the mix up well enough and i get hit by a 30% combo

Sounds like you just need to work on Sub-Zero himself... We have threads for that in the Characters & Gameplay section of the forum. One thread for Sub-Zero in specific can be found here : http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/20729-Sub-Zero-Thread-quot-Feel-the-Cold-Embrace-of-Death-quot

Not all of your attacks have to combo you know.... Every once in a while just throw in a B+4 or do a crossover jump punch. If they turtle indefinitely, then you can either throw in some lows or use combos that are safe on block and simply let the chip damage work its magic...

EDIT: And also, if they can punish you on block, w/ lag, using a 30%+ combo, they are probably much better than you by the sound of things.

EDIT EDIT: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/20729-Sub-Zero-Thread-quot-Feel-the-Cold-Embrace-of-Death-quot?p=320462&highlight=#post320462
Another Subby guide...

yeah, it's hard to match the own skill offline with the same results online .... take some time until finally happens.