Ghostly Tales

*Karma Saibot-

Do you have any scary encounters, or expierences? I would love to hear about em!

I once lived supposedly in a haunted home, I was in the 3rd grade, and boy I was scared shixless to even go to the bathroom by myself. So I'd have my older brother stay by the door and guard it lol. But at night we all heard the same sounds, footsteps, and like someone running around. The floors were like hallow so you could hear your own footsteps when you'd walk around the livingroom and kitchen. Rumors say back in the day, this one woman killed her own son, and dumped his body in a can and put it in the ditch. Very creepy.

As of now, I live in a nice home, built in 1898 but It has been remodeled throughout the years, its quit nice, but at times I hear noises, maybe its my mind or idk! But atleast I'm not scared to be alone anymore lol.

I once thought I saw a silouette of a man standing in front of my bed. At first I thought it was my dad because I thought he came to get the cat from under the bed, turns out it was just a plastic bag flying being pushed around by the air from the fan ceiling. I just ignored the silouette thinking "hurry up and get the cat out from under the bed". The next day I asked if dad was in my room and my step-mom and dad said no. Then I told them the whole story, and they thought maybe someone broke into the house. After a couple days we just concluded that the silouette was never real.

Back in 2002, I was playing the PS1 with my brother when something just started knocking at the window at night. There was no one visible but the window was vibrating and being knocked on hard!!! We both ran out of the room with the lights, tv, and game on and told our folks about it. We came back in like at least 30 minutes later.

At least, I think it wasn't. I saw it walking away like it didn't find what it wasn't looking for.

Oh well, have you ever seen it again? Oo

So you didn't hear any footsteps as it was leaving?

Back in 2002, I was playing the PS1 with my brother when something just started knocking at the window at night. There was no one visible but the window was vibrating and being knocked on hard!!! We both ran out of the room with the lights, tv, and game on and told our folks about it. We came back in like at least 30 minutes later.

Ahhh the ps1's.Omg! That's freaking creepy! I woulda dropped the remote and ran for my room! That reminds me, one time last year me and my bf were watching ghost adventures, we were the only ones home, we were in the livingroom, and my brotheres room is by the livingroom. We all of suddenly heard 3 loud ass knocks from the inside of his room on his door! I ran into my bfs arms lmfao! I was scaaared.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an avid interest in stuff like this all though I am a skeptic through and through I have to say I have no tales really. I don't believe in phantoms etc so I guess I wont experience anything. Everything anyone experiences has a rational explanation or is in their mind.

I used to think I was experiencing paranormal stuff when i was younger and sort of believed in ghosts but now I don't I don't experience anything unless I've watched or read anything related to the supernatural. I would like to believe but i really think there is now such thing.

I think a lot of folk experience things when they have nothing else to think about so their minds start conjuring up all sorts of nonsense or they want something to be more than it is.

I always seem to get a bit frightened and may start hearing things if i watch say the Exorcist when i go to bed. If i am watching South Park or something not frightening I wont experience anything odd.

I'm a skeptic too, although I lean toward not completely impossible.

But I treat it like "won't fully believe until I actually see it."

I think tricks and your mind playing tricks itself has a bigger toll than most people think and it could influence you to think of something completely outside of the norm when you're in the dark or you hear something.

the only experience I had anything close to this is .

When i woke up for school, I woke up my brother. while I was eating cereal. (all the lights are off except the dimming light from the kitchen.)

My brother says, "OMG DID YOU HEAR THAT?"

acting really scared. I was laughing because it was so random. and he tells me "SHHHH LISTEN."

And I heard extremely HEAVY breathing from behind the sofa. For like a good 4 seconds my mind was "wtf'ing."

I grabbed my hockey stick. And jumped on the sofa and looked behind it.

nothing was there. I then though maybe a dog was outside the window. But that breathing sounded extremely forced, and it definitely sounded like it was indoors.

I never knew what to think of this weird occurence.

I just chalk it up to a heavy breathing animal just outside the window behind the sofa.

I have an avid interest in stuff like this all though I am a skeptic through and through I have to say I have no tales really. I don't believe in phantoms etc so I guess I wont experience anything. Everything anyone experiences has a rational explanation or is in their mind.

I used to think I was experiencing paranormal stuff when i was younger and sort of believed in ghosts but now I don't I don't experience anything unless I've watched or read anything related to the supernatural. I would like to believe but i really think there is now such thing.

I think a lot of folk experience things when they have nothing else to think about so their minds start conjuring up all sorts of nonsense or they want something to be more than it is.

I always seem to get a bit frightened and may start hearing things if i watch say the Exorcist when i go to bed. If i am watching South Park or something not frightening I wont experience anything odd.

Werd..I totally understand that. Your right maybe if you watch something scary, then maybe your mind is playing tricks on you telling you somethings gonna happen or your gonna hear noises. But that stuff never crossed my mind, when I was little when I lived in the "haunted" home. I guess the fear made it all seemed like it was noises of a dead boy lol.

Everything I believe has an explanation.

I may have heard some. I think maybe my eyes where just dreaming and my ears were awake because I could still hear the plastic bag, which I though was the cat under my bed.

Oo that's really creepy! Haha yeah must of been the cat playing with the bag! XD

I'm a skeptic too, although I lean toward not completely impossible.

But I treat it like "won't fully believe until I actually see it."

I think tricks and your mind playing tricks itself has a bigger toll than most people think and it could influence you to think of something completely outside of the norm when you're in the dark or you hear something.

the only experience I had anything close to this is .

When i woke up for school, I woke up my brother. while I was eating cereal. (all the lights are off except the dimming light from the kitchen.)

My brother says, "OMG DID YOU HEAR THAT?"

acting really scared. I was laughing because it was so random. and he tells me "SHHHH LISTEN."

And I heard extremely HEAVY breathing from behind the sofa. For like a good 4 seconds my mind was "wtf'ing."

I grabbed my hockey stick. And jumped on the sofa and looked behind it.

nothing was there. I then though maybe a dog was outside the window. But that breathing sounded extremely forced, and it definitely sounded like it was indoors.

I never knew what to think of this weird occurence.

I just chalk it up to a heavy breathing animal just outside the window behind the sofa.

Your right, I totally agree.

But I'm a scaredy cat! So if hear a weird noise or anything "un natural" the first thing that comes to my mind is a ghost xD

Wtf! That's even creepier! I'd be so outta there xD

Although I'm intriged with going ghost hunting and stuff, deep inside I'm scared shixless!

Like I said before I believe everything has an explanation!

Last edited by a moderator:
The house I lived in is haunted as well as the last 2 houses have been as well.

About a week ago I was in the kitchen feeding my cat (this was around 4am, no one was home) and I watched the latch on one of the cabinets unlatch, then the cabinet door open up. When I went to go close it, I got a cold chill.

At times, my cat will also just start looking around everywhere with wide eyes.

At the last house I lived in (only been living in my current one since October), my door would open and close by itself from time to time.

I have a feeling it's most likely my dad, which doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Hey Karma Saibot... if you want to quote more than one person and not violate the rule against double-posting... see that little button on the bottom right of each post? Click all the ones you want to quote, and then click "Reply with quote" on one of them... then all the quotes will show up in your message, and you can post in between them or whatever.

Oh well, have you ever seen it again? Oo

So you didn't hear any footsteps as it was leaving?

Ahhh the ps1's.Omg! That's freaking creepy! I woulda dropped the remote and ran for my room! That reminds me, one time last year me and my bf were watching ghost adventures, we were the only ones home, we were in the livingroom, and my brotheres room is by the livingroom. We all of suddenly heard 3 loud ass knocks from the inside of his room on his door! I ran into my bfs arms lmfao! I was scaaared.

Oh crap! Lol

Well, my parents also heard weird footsteps and saw some kind of child in white in that same house too. He thought that figure was me or my brother but we were not wearing anything similar to the description he had for us about who he saw. So yeah, that house had something going on that we will never know the history of. Especially because we moved out of it and that the neighbors across that house are traitors and buttholes.

My last spooky encounter was in 2008 after my grandmother passed away from breast cancer. We had to take her into our house after my grandfather passed of a brain aneurism. My grandmother was able to make it about 4 months into living with us without suffering greatly. But within 6 months, her cancer finally took a toll on her. My grandmother eventually passed away in her bed in the bedroom next to mine. My grandmother and I were like best friends, it took me a while to recover.

Anyways, it was about 3 or 4 days after she passed away, when my friend and I were laughing and having conversations with one another in my room, when we heard a knocking on my door. It was three knocks in one, and the tone of the knocks sounded exactly like my grandmother's (the way she knocked.) So, we went to my dad's room to ask if he knocked, and he was fully asleep under the covers with the TV on in the dark. We thought my younger brother might have done it, but he was in the living room having too much fun playing with his hotwheel cars, when we asked him, he had a serious expression on his face, looking at us like we were crazy. So we went into my grandmother's room, where my mom and aunt were watching TV. They were talking to one another while watching TV when we went in to ask if one of them knocked on my door. They both said no.

My mom, my aunt, my dad and my brother were the only ones in the house with us at the time, and if none of them did it, then it's obvious my grandmother's spirit knocked on my door to say hello.

The week after that, I was sitting at my computer desk minding my own business at home alone while everybody else went out to eat. I could have sworn my door was shut completely, but it opened half way, very slowly. I thought someone came into the house, I checked, nobody else was there but me.

I haven't had any other experiences after that. I feel that my grandmother wanted me to know she was still there even though she passed away. She obviously didn't want me to feel alone, because I was devastated from her loss.