Full Character Select Screen Pic! SPOILER****

the bottom one looks like it scrolls onto other characters such as shao kahn and Goro etc... so the bottom line is the unlockable people/hidden fighters

Thank you! Some nots:
1 - Smoke's hair looks ridiculous serioulsy, i'd rather he was and had the cyber sub-zero design than have THAT THAT thing.
2 - Quan chi's face on avatar looks like he's scary ^^
3 - Sheeva's face looks like she's posseded by those eyes
4 - Cyber subzero looks awesome best cyber design in the game in my opinion :D
+rep man

The 2 Sub-Zeros seems to be in the DLC slot, that, probably like "rotation slots", this explain why there are 2 ... and Quan Chi isn't supposed to be secret ? so, IMO, the character select screen has , in fact, 25 full slots, + 1 for Quan Chi to be "unlocked" during the game, plus 2 DLCs for CSZ and future DLC, or playable bosses.

Now I am really, really curious as why they booted Rain for Quan Chi. (As in what was said in the meeting to get rid of him.)

As for the roster itself, everyone looks great, Cyber Sub-Zero looks so freaking awesome, I can't believe I was against him at first. Quan Chi has his tattoos, but whatever, I won't be playing as him much, but I will play as him once.

The ordering though is confusing, it doesn't seem to follow rhyme nor reason.

Do you have another pic? Sorry but it looks stupid, whether it's an afro or long hair! I wanted to see a ninja head.

Just the other one that was posted. With the long hair. I agree with you... either way its stupid. But I'll get used to it.

Now I am really, really curious as why they booted Rain for Quan Chi. (As in what was said in the meeting to get rid of him.)

As for the roster itself, everyone looks great, Cyber Sub-Zero looks so freaking awesome, I can't believe I was against him at first. Quan Chi has his tattoos, but whatever, I won't be playing as him much, but I will play as him once.

The ordering though is confusing, it doesn't seem to follow rhyme nor reason.

The rhyme or reason is in the story. Quan Chi is in MK9 story mode with a legitimate reason. That's probably why he is in but Rain wasn't.

Re: FULL character select screen! SPOILERS.

Are the bottom two slots both for Cyber Subby?

Yeah does are two CSZ.
They were basing the PS3 screen off of the Xbox screen which didnt have a DLC slot due to a glitch or something
but its fixed now.

Does this confirm that bosses aren't playable?

I don't know about that one. I just now about the selection screen. If they are they are probly DLC or something like MKvsDC.