Do You Decline?

I decline everyone. MK isn't fun if I'm not playing against my friends.

If you decline everyone... that means you go online, seeks out other players through Online Mode and then every time someone pops up, you press "Decline". I guess that's not what you actually do, but just don't play online, unless through private matches. :3

If you decline everyone... that means you go online, seeks out other players through Online Mode and then every time someone pops up, you press "Decline". I guess that's not what you actually do, but just don't play online, unless through private matches. :3

That's what I meant. I don't play online.

Not trolling. Im not that good online. There are simply people out there that are miles better than me and I lose to them match after match. Thats not to say I only verse people I beat. Most opponents I play, I start of losing a match or two but then I learn their tactics. The people I decline are the ones I just cant learn and constantly lose to.

So what you're telling me is that you don't like to learn how to get better?

Not trolling. Im not that good online. There are simply people out there that are miles better than me and I lose to them match after match. Thats not to say I only verse people I beat. Most opponents I play, I start of losing a match or two but then I learn their tactics. The people I decline are the ones I just cant learn and constantly lose to.

So what you're telling me is that you don't like to learn how to get better?

Some people will never be great online, including me. I don't think there's anything wrong with declining a player who keeps beating you. Not everyone can be a combo master. Some of these pros are ridiculous and I know no matter how hard I try, I'll never be at that level. Once you constantly get your ass beat, it's no longer fun.

Last edited:
My last sentence would answer that. Maybe Ill get better in time but for now, Im not a good learner.

Watch your match replays and focus on your mistakes. Work on one thing at a time. Currently I'm working on walking backwards and back dashing for whiff punishing because that's my weak point.

Some people will never be great online, including me. I don't think there's anything wrong with declining a player who keeps beating you. Not everyone can be a combo master. Some of these pros are ridiculous and I know no matter how hard I try, I'll never be at that level. Once you constantly get your ass beat, it's no longer fun.

I have a friend on KI that I've never legit won against (only won when he random selected or picked someone he wasn't good with) and we still like playing with each other. There is learning to do on both sides.

Ill be the first to tell you from my online experience in MK9, I started out losing all the time.
My record startin off in MK9 was 250+ loses ongoing and 20+ wins... I was frustrated that I was losing too, and that I couldnt get the combos like those guys u see on the YT vids and stuff with the 22+ hit combos(pre patches).

But after I retired from MK9(mid 2014), I had 5500+ wins and alittle over 1000 losses online... How?

The more I fought online, the more I began to learn and study my opponents and their weaknesses, Like a boxer studying his opponent. I then got my ass in Practice mode and learned the BASICS of my mains inside and out. But I did not learn how to DO the long combos strings like everyone else does when watching those YT vids...instead, I focused my energies on how to: adapt to, avoid, counter, anticipate, Block, and break other peoples fighting methods(combo system, zoning, spammers, etc)... by studying its flaws and making sure I was well prepared(with training and strategy of MY mains) to exploit my opponent and leave him clueless of what to do after I broke their primary method of fighting.

U have to find or create another method of fighting and adapt strategies around it. Do not limit ur fighting methods.

But to learn this and more, u have to gain experience and knowledge fighting these different fighting systems...by fighting it's users online or in person.

Don't lose, LEARN!!

It also helps that EVERYONE will eventually start doing the same combo techniques... so more and more people become predictable...and thus, easier to beat... providing YOU have your own fighting methods and strategies down pack...

I get a lot of declines myself, in player match and ranked match, probably because of my win% :) I normally never decline myself, exceptions are 1 bar connections, I know how to play on 2 or 3 bars no probs.