Did Boon just confirm Michael Myers as DLC?

Well, there's gonna be a guest character, so bloody well deal with it.

I understand there will most likely be a guest character and I am not opposed to it. I said horror movie guest character if you would like to reread my post.

It hasn't been confirmed who the guest character will be, and anyway, they won't be part of the story. They're just in the game. For fun.

obviously no one is paying attention to what is being said, i know the guest has not been confirmed. I don't want horror movie icon bs in this, they don't fit on multiple levels, not just story relevance. all will have a reason for being in MK, even the guests have their own endings. NRS will have to go out of their way to make some stupid non canon story about how your favorite serial killer has killed the entire cast for some reason. and big hulking brutes with machetes and chainsaws have no chance against ninja specters. if you want an incestral cannibal then by all means, that is your opinion, but i don't. they don't fit game-play or story wise. read my posts before you criticize them

Last edited:
In all fairness, those characters were already Capcom's intellectual property to begin with. In fact, Final Fight characters have been included in SF games as early as 1995, when Guy and Sodom were included in Street Fighter Alpha. I heard a rumor that Final Fight's originally planned title was "Street Fighter II".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

That's a fair enough point, Trash and I see where you're coming from. Still. they're not explicitly the same because if you use that logic, Dante from DMC being in a resident evil game wouldn't be a guest character because DMC1 started off as a resident evil game. However, it falls apart because they are two separate IPs with two separate stories, just like FF and SF are.

If Scorpion being in Injustice is considered a guest character, then Guy, Cody & Co. are guests too.

If Scorpion being in Injustice is considered a guest character, then Guy, Cody & Co. are guests too.

Scorpion in Injustice:Someone from a completely different universe.
Guy, Cody & Co in SF:Characters form the same universe that interact with each other

Scorpion in Injustice:Someone from a completely different universe.
Guy, Cody & Co in SF:Characters form the same universe that interact with each other

They're from different games though. That's the important part.

If you want to pick at straws, Injustice has the Infinite Earth set piece in it.
On one of those earths, the MK storyline must be taking place.

So technically, Scorpion is in the Injustice universe
shrug2.gif

Last edited:
That's a fair enough point, Trash and I see where you're coming from. Still. they're not explicitly the same because if you use that logic, Dante from DMC being in a resident evil game wouldn't be a guest character because DMC1 started off as a resident evil game. However, it falls apart because they are two separate IPs with two separate stories, just like FF and SF are.
Except FF and SF still have somewhat of a natural tie-in with each other due to the fact that FF was the originally intended sequel to SF. Good thing Capcom changed the title, because the fighting genre certainly wouldn't be the same if Final Fight had carried the title of "Street Fighter II".

In fact, the fact that the Final Fight characters and their backstories are canon within SF's storyline suggests that SF and FF's respective storylines may take place in the same universe.

Last edited:
Well, FWIW, Boon considers Scorpion a guest character since he brought him up alongside Freddy when discussing DLC sales.

Except FF and SF still have somewhat of a natural tie-in with each other due to the fact that FF was the originally intended sequel to SF. Good thing Capcom changed the title, because the fighting genre certainly wouldn't be the same if Final Fight had carried the title of "Street Fighter II".

In fact, the fact that the Final Fight characters and their backstories are canon within SF's storyline suggests that SF and FF's respective storylines may take place in the same universe.

Yes, they're natural tie-ins, but they're still different IPs. A character from one IP in a different IP = a crossover, regardless of lore. Even if they take place in the same universe, the stories (and I use that term loosely) followed throughout each series are largely different to each other and the only direct link is through the crossover characters.

Guy was in Street Fighter Alpha.
Sodom was in Street Fighter Alpha.
Rolento was in Street Fighter Alpha 2.
Cody was in Street Fighter Alpha 3.
Hugo and Poison were in Street Fighter 3.
Maki was in Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max.

And ever since then, most of them have been part of the Street Fighter franchise as any other SF character, no longer "just" being guest characters. Through their first game appearances, they were integrated into the SF world as REAL characters.

Cole, Mega Man, Pac Man, Toro and Kuro were guest characters in SFxT. Not Cody, Guy, Hugo, Poison or Rolento, as they had already become established Street Fighter characters.

It would be like saying that most of the roster in the King of Fighters series are just "guest characters", because they come from Fataly Fury or Art of Fighting...

You also have obscure guest fighters like Gon in Tekken 3 since pretty much no one knew that Gon was a character from a children's anime and manga in Japan.

Her design is straight whack, yo. Neck too long, face too ugly. She could be the strongest character in the game and I'll still think of her as a disappointment.

Gameplay > design. You play as characters by pushing buttons on a controller, not by staring at them.

Her design is straight whack, yo. Neck too long, face too ugly. She could be the strongest character in the game and I'll still think of her as a disappointment.

ummm i'm no cassie cage fan but who gives a f@ck if she is ugly this is a fighting game not a game where your character is hooking for a living.
She isn't a character that needs to look stunning like kitana who is a princess. She is just a product of 2 bad asses from earth realm.

All females need to look good in fighting games. They're trying to appeal to a male dominated market.

For NRS standards? She's decent.
For general fighting game standards? She's a god damned monster.