Decisions made by MK Team you hate

Has he ever said exactly why he left? I always thought it was because he didn't like the direction Ed Boon wanted to take with MK.

He quit because he wanted to establish his own studio (which was literally a 2 game wonder). He currently works for Zynga.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

haha I bet he kicks himself all the time for that.

But if that is the real reason, why hasn't he come back to work on MK?

He's still on good terms with his old MK co-workers, so apparently he likes his job at Zynga too much to leave them for NRS.

Tobias was forced out to indirect way, since mk3 at 1995 with Daniel pesina ´s depart and boon ´s influence started to rise (specially when him took the leadership on team and managed the martial art coreography that was a crap,)
Tobias each more time had less influence in mk management.

Him only was allowed for make skecht and arts design, but not in other kind of desisions. And too each more his influence for make bosses were limited thanks to to the rise of 3d technology, specially you know, in the case of mk4 and mkm sz sub subboses are polygonals and looks stupids. (without left out this irony in programing the mk4 goro is more smart than stupid mkd and mk9 goro ´s versiones.)

for boon and midway co, Jhon Tobias was only
a simple cartoonist, they are ´fn shame.

The problem started in Mk special forces game in 1997, when Tobias tryed get take more control on this game, and then troubles went fast on his.

thanks to? Well midway with his stupid decisions, i ´m sure that ed boon is related to this , cause him had more influence with midway ´s desisions.

ohhhh now do you guess? is very easy say to boon that him is regret and blame to mk special forces and mk sz by his bad result.
also boon did not enougth effort on mk sf.......... ´fn shame of boon, not Tobias.

with all respect:what thinks that appear on my mind? that usa ppl have many talent but at same time have not enought awareness of what they do, ignorants all them except Jhon Tobias on mk ´s case

for this reason i ´ve said all mk3-umk3-mkt are horrible games specially in storyline, martial coreography, finishers and some concept desings too, also some mk3 stages are less resalistics.

in mk4 at least give certain balance in desings and story thanks to who? the real creator of mk ´s saga, "Jhon Tobias", ed boon is only an oportunist programmer that had lucks nothing more or the get over here is the whole soul of mk? is funny.

Likes or not to you everyone, mk survived thanks to Tobias ´s ideas (specially since mkda until the present day without Tobias) and you see how stupid vogel used it for ruin it and the most funny is that 90% of mkd chars are crap, and same happen with storyline, worse is mk9 with a stupid reboot, and too the funny that in mk3 the storyline did not written by Tobias do you guess who? jhon vogel

soooooooooooooo why you not open your eyes?

and again funny when midway went to the bankruptcy and who back to try help with a comic book? Jhon Tobias, all by a stupid crossover for nothing, opening to stupid dc ideas like reboots and again from who it´s this crazy and stupid idea for build this crap game crossover? the kid boon, gentlemans neither more neither less, a shame called ed boon.

I ´m honest, boon and vogel only serve for other things but not for storyline, concepts and designs less martial coreography,
but well, ed boon ´s ass lickers will never open the eyes.
jaajaj now comes kung jin, takeda, and future stupid cyber version of any chars from stupid vogel and ect ect all bullcrap from boon
thanks to god that i am not the blind here.
bye

Last edited:
Having this "epic" music. I prefer the old evil darkish MK sounds... Maybe they can modernize it.

Tobias was forced out to indirect way, since mk3 at 1995 with Daniel pesina ´s depart and boon ´s influence started to rise (specially when him took the leadership on team and managed the martial art coreography that was a crap,)
Tobias each more time had less influence in mk management.

Him only was allowed for make skecht and arts design, but not in other kind of desisions. And too each more his influence for make bosses were limited thanks to to the rise of 3d technology, specially you know, in the case of mk4 and mkm sz sub subboses are polygonals and looks stupids. (without left out this irony in programing the mk4 goro is more smart than stupid mkd and mk9 goro ´s versiones.)

for boon and midway co, Jhon Tobias was only
a simple cartoonist, they are ´fn shame.

The problem started in Mk special forces game in 1997, when Tobias tryed get take more control on this game, and then troubles went fast on his.

thanks to? Well midway with his stupid decisions, i ´m sure that ed boon is related to this , cause him had more influence with midway ´s desisions.

ohhhh now do you guess? is very easy say to boon that him is regret and blame to mk special forces and mk sz by his bad result.
also boon did not enougth effort on mk sf.......... ´fn shame of boon, not Tobias.

with all respect:what thinks that appear on my mind? that usa ppl have many talent but at same time have not enought awareness of what they do, ignorants all them except Jhon Tobias on mk ´s case

for this reason i ´ve said all mk3-umk3-mkt are horrible games specially in storyline, martial coreography, finishers and some concept desings too, also some mk3 stages are less resalistics.

in mk4 at least give certain balance in desings and story thanks to who? the real creator of mk4, Jhon Tobias, ed boon is only an oportunist programmer that had lucks nothing more or the get over here is the whole soul of mk? is funny.

Likes or not to you everyone, mk survived thanks to Tobias ´s ideas (specially in mkd until the present day) and you see how stupid vogel used it for ruin it and the most funny is that 90% of mkd chars are crap, and same happen with storyline, worse is mk9 with a stupid reboot, and too the funny that in mk3 the storyline did not written by Tobias do you guess who? jhon vogel

soooooooooooooo why you not open your eyes?

and again funny when midway went to the bankruptcy who back to try help in a comic book? Jhon Tobias, all by a stupid crossover for nothing opening to stupid dc ideas like reboots and again from who it´s this crazy and stupid idea for buile this game crossover? the kid boon, gentlemans neither more neither less, a shame called ed boon.

I ´m honest, boon and vogel only serve for other thinngs but not for, storyline, concepts and designs less martial coreography,
but well, ed boon ´s ass lickers will never open the eyes.
jaajaj now comes kung jin, takeda, and future stupid cyber version of any chars from stupid vogel and ect ect all bullcrap from boon
thanks to god that i am not the blind here.
bye
Name your sources.

Name your sources.

Is common sense also you can find many traces at OBS interview. why tobias not support to reboot ideas? and why tobias likes to subzero and not scorpion?
and there are many indirects blowns from tobias against boon without be 100% hostile.
Also i will not waste my time with you, when specially you've treated to me pretty badly as user, if you want knowledge, read, check, watchs and play with programaing and spriting of differents MK ´s titles in underground mode, not simply plays a mk game like a ´fn fanboy...... ppl that plays mk tournament believes know all about mk ´s universe and is not true.

Last edited:
Is common sense also you can find many traces at OBS interview. why tobias not support to reboot ideas? and why tobias likes to subzero and not scorpion?
and there are many indirects blowns from tobias against boon without be 100% hostile.
Also i will not waste my time with you, when specially you've treated to me pretty badly as user, if you want knowledge, read, check, watchs and play with programaing and spriting of differents MK ´s titles in underground mode, not simply plays a mk game like a ´fn fanboy...... ppl that plays mk tournament believes know all about mk ´s universe and is not true.
Then how do you explain the MK vs DCU komic? That was Tobias' work.

i am not sure about the sense that you are using in ur question. I have said more above on my previous post that this was an irony:

and again funny when midway went to the bankruptcy and who back to try help with a comic book? Jhon Tobias, all by a stupid crossover for nothing, opening to stupid dc ideas like reboots and again from who it´s this crazy and stupid idea for build this crap game crossover? the kid boon, gentlemans neither more neither less, a shame called ed boon.

and i wanaa say too that it ´s kind of external contribution from Tobias for mk team in the past , not that mk vs dcu is an idea of tobias.

Also stupid midway did wrong desisions specially with a stupid creator like boon

The the quality ´s Tobias draw, always is excelent........... so idk what do you want to pretend.

All I know is, Tobias left on good terms (otherwise he would never have done the MK vs DCU komic) for the exclusive purpose of starting his own studio (which only made 2 games before closing), and now works at Zynga. If the Daniel Pesina incident was a factor, then why didn't Tobias quit then and there? Pesina was canned for a VERY good reason.

Here i did ´nt say that Tobias wanted fight or that him keeps anger against boon, but "the good terms" that you say, is a supérficial true, is not the whole truth, is just the tip of an iceberg.

Is obvious that Tobias for keep his reputation, he shall not try to offend to actual mk team under a hostile mode; And But again see the each whole interviews very deep, then study the concepts that Tobias did on mk, the ideas, his work with Daniel pesina, and you shall see that the mans with flawless work is Tobias and Pesina not voguel or boon neither gooskie, less beran. The third man after Pesina and Tobias, is Dan Forden i think.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to hear the take of Tobias on post-MK4 events. He has mentioned that post-MK4 game was supposed to be "new generation of fighters with son of Liu Kang and Kitana", but we also know that MKDA was built on a number of unused concepts left from his work on previous games, which is one of reasons MKDA maintains the "MK feel" that is kind of lost in Armageddon.

It's EARLY for me to say this, but i hope MKX (after reading that casting call "leak") doesn't turn into a whole game of descendants. I'm already fine with Cassie, but she is enough. But that Ron Tan Cho thing?! Seriously. I hope we don't end up with a Kangtana (Liu and Kitana) and Baraleena (Mileena and Baraka).

>MK vs DC
(No input needed)

>Killing off Motaro
(I loved playing as him in Trilogy. I wish somehow they could have managed to put him as a challenge tower type player in MK9. I know why they couldn't make him, though.)

>Cassie Cage
(Not because she's a shit character. I just view her as shit. She will be the character that I will never play as. Only when I am forced to, [Story/Arcade Ending] Also hate the fact that she's the child of Johnny & Sonya. It just bugs me.)

>Jarek
(Self-Explanatory)

>MK Armageddon Endings
(All of the endings were disgustingly rushed, plus all of them were just people dancing around strangely which made no sense.)

The MK team decision that make me VERY ANGRY is the fact that the "original MK3 outfit" for sub-Zero is not correct in MK9 : why does NRS add this f***ing loincloth (or breechcloth) ??!!!?

The MK3 Sub-Zero DOES NOT HAVE ANY loincloth... I just can't explain WHY they do that ! WHY ??!!?

In a general way, i think there is TOO MUCH loinclothes in MK9, and i really hope MKX will be sober, from that point of vue !

(Kano is my main in MK9 becasue his alt outifit does not have loincloth, which is very rare in this game)

Last edited:
The MK team decision that make me VERY ANGRY is the fact that the "original MK3 outfit" for sub-Zero is not correct in MK9 : why does NRS add this f***ing loincloth (or breechcloth) ??!!!?

The MK3 Sub-Zero DOES NOT HAVE ANY loincloth... I just can't explain WHY they do that ! WHY ??!!?

In a general way, i think there is TOO MUCH loinclothes in MK9, and i really hope MKX will be sober, from that point of vue !

(Kano is my main in MK9 becasue his alt outifit does not have loincloth, which is very rare in this game)

The MK3 outfit is more like the UMK3 ninja outfit without his mask. BTW: I really hate that the UMK3 ninja pack is only available on Vita. I don't really like the MK1 and MK2 classic ninja costumes. They could have been done better.

- giving characters like baraka, jax and cage projectiles when they don´t need it.
- mk3/umk3/mkt fatalities.
- giving the MK4 characters the same combos.