Anyone Else Disappointed With the Story Mode?

Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao could have also been replaced by Sindel, Smoke, Nightwolf, Stryker and Kabal who were also all dead revenants in MKX, so what's your point?
Ah, so you now concede that revenants were necessary but argue that instead of Liu, Kung and Kit you should have had others? I think that given the revenant choices, those 3 makes the most sense actually. Both from narrative standpoint (Raiden has more responsibility for the deaths of Liu Kang and Kung Lao than the others which were more case of negligence. Also, different circumstances for deaths created different conversations, Kabal, Striker and Smoke would juat repeat the same lines) and from importance to the overall part these guys play in Mk (much bigger than Strikrt Kabal etc.) And even from popular demand standpoint. So, yes, they are more relevant.

Both were henchmen. One has awesome QTE and storyline with emotion and themes continuing from the previous installment. The other looks and behaves like thousands of nameless ones.

Both were henchmen and both were as pointless to the MKX story.
The only difference is that 1 made the roster and the other didn't.
Had people b****ed enough about Baraka making the cut like they did for Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao, then he would have also been back on the main roster.
The default costumes aren't even canon.
Their MKX default costumes which pander to the people crying about having those characters included is all you need as proof.
Simple.

Ah, so you now concede that revenants were necessary but argue that instead of Liu, Kung and Kit you should have had others? I think that given the revenant choices, those 3 makes the most sense actually. Both from narrative standpoint (Raiden has more responsibility for the deaths of Liu Kang and Kung Lao than the others which were more case of negligence. Also, different circumstances for deaths created different conversations, Kabal, Striker and Smoke would juat repeat the same lines) and from importance to the overall part these guys play in Mk (much bigger than Strikrt Kabal etc.) And even from popular demand standpoint. So, yes, they are more relevant.

I don't concede to anything.
Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana are irrelevant in MKX, and I still stand by that.
I never said that the revenants weren't necessary, just that those 3 particular revenants weren't necessary.
Way to twist my words, though.

Those 3 (Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu Kang) are irrelevant to the MKX plot, as a whole.
So my point still stands that they're only in because people would have cried if they weren't playable.

No, yiu agreed that the revenants were necessary and given the choices of revenants, those have the most impact. Especially on Raiden which treated the Liu and Kung as sons.

In fact, Raiden decapitated Shinnok and told Liu Kang and Kitana that there are fates worse than death.
So, it really goes to show how much Raiden was "tormented" by the revenants.
The only 2 revenants that Raiden cared for and regretted dying were Liu Kang and Kung Lao, but when those 2 insisted on being evil, Dark Raiden at the end was like saying "Alright, f*** you guys, then."

Yes after MKX Raiden is clearly angry.
Which is a stage of grief.

Both were henchmen and both were as pointless to the MKX story.
The only difference is that 1 made the roster and the other didn't.
Had people b****ed enough about Baraka making the cut like they did for Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao, then he would have also been back on the main roster.
The default costumes aren't even canon.
Their MKX default costumes which pander to the people crying about having those characters included is all you need as proof.
Simple.

Both were henchmen. One has awesome QTE and storyline with emotion and themes continuing from the previous installment. The other looks and behaves like thousands of nameless ones.

I never said that the revenants weren't necessary, just that those 3 particular revenants weren't necessary.
I think that given the revenant choices, those 3 makes the most sense actually. Both from narrative standpoint (Raiden has more responsibility for the deaths of Liu Kang and Kung Lao than the others which were more case of negligence. Also, different circumstances for deaths created different conversations, Kabal, Striker and Smoke would juat repeat the same lines) and from importance to the overall part these guys play in Mk (much bigger than Strikrt Kabal etc.) And even from popular demand standpoint. So, yes, they are more relevant.

No, yiu agreed that the revenants were necessary and given the choices of revenants, those have the most impact. Especially on Raiden which treated the Liu and Kung as sons.

No.
I've been saying that Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana's roles in MKX could have also been done by any of the other revenants, but you fail to read properly.

You havent played Raiden's chapter, have you?

I played the entire story mode.

Yes after MKX Raiden is clearly angry.
Which is a stage of grief.

At the end, Raiden doesn't seem bothered by them.
In fact he sends them a warning saying that if anyone messes with EarthRealm that there are fates worse than death.
Which clearly shows that he isn't tormented by the revenants, rather issuing a stern warning that he will give them a fate worse than death if they try anything against EarthRealm.

I think you need to play story mode again.

No.
I've been saying that Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana's roles in MKX could have also been done by any of the other revenants, but you fail to read properly .
How is it a teading issue if you repeat just what I said and ignored the arguments against it?

Also, that reply contained online bullying. Stop this at once.

At the end, Raiden doesn't seem bothered by them.
In fact he sends them a warning saying that if anyone messes with EarthRealm that there are fates worse than death.
Which clearly shows that he isn't tormented by the revenants, rather issuing a stern warning that he will give them a fate worse than death if they try anything against EarthRealm.

I think you need to play story mode again.
Nah. That is just an interpetation. His response in the end can be result of many things, one of which is depression and grief. I have wxpwrience in these matters, but this is a whole can I will not open on TRMK.

How is it a teading issue if you repeat just what I said and ignored the arguments against it?

Also, that reply contained online bullying. Stop this at once.

I didn't repeat what you said.
I first posted that Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana's roles could have been done by any of the other revenants in page 12 of this thread (post #229), but again, you failed to read that quote that I said and just started attacking and debating me:

Nothing more than herp derp fodder for those that can't let go of those characters, despite that Sindel, Nightwolf, Smoke, Jade, Stryker and Kabal could have also done the same thing they did and the outcome of the story would have been the same, while also saving roster space for someone else like Fujin.

If anyone around here is bullying, it's you, considering that you are trying to twist my words.

I didn't repeat what you said.
I first posted that Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana's roles could have been done by any of the other revenants in page 12 of this thread (post #229), but again, you failed to read that quote that I said and just started attacking and debating me:

If anyone around here is bullying, it's you, considering that you are trying to twist my words.
Considering the fact that your entire response is personal, I think it is clear which one here is bullying the other. Not like you dont have name for this behaviour already.

Considering the fact that your entire response is personal, I think it is clear which one here is bullying the other. Not like you dont have name for this behaviour already.

Huh?
How is my response personal?
I never called you any names or said anything against you personally, so stop playing the victim and accusing me of things that I didn't do.

Notice how ignoring popular demand for characters is detrimental to the business end of MK? I mean, Ed Boon's own Twitter account from June to January was full of retweets of Kitana requests.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

and this means that it´s is a sh¡t.......... now with kitana on game: whast ´fn was modified or improved to the game? nothing, practically mk has lost a new oportunity for give the place to other character that was not exapended in the past, also stupid boon uses this excuse for his supposdely his open mind with the mk fans. nothing has changed or upgraded with stupid kitana, same with the other stupids chars from mk9.......... no no no TT i hate to boon and voguel not mk, because nobody of them has created or invented to mk.

I'm the opposite.
As someone who's also a fan of the character (Bi-Han), I'd rather have a hint or cameo that says what's up with him, rather than leaving me in the dark.
If they have something planned for him, I'd prefer to know rather than wondering if he got the Hsu Hao treatment.
It builds up frustration, not hype (at least for me).
I want that small tease to let me know that he may be back.
It's 1 of the many reasons that I love the Metal Gear franchise and why I love the Marvel movies, because there's always a small post-credits scene, hinting at what may be next to come.

You can't seriously think Bi Han's in the same boat as Hsu Hao, can you?! I mean, for Raiden's sake! Guy's a palette Swap Ninja, the stuff MK was built on.
Nah, he'll be back before we find all of the secret brutalities, I'm sure. If only so that Sub Zero has something to do besides looking after Frost's frozen body in MK X-I.

Maybe bring in Sareena... You know come to think of it, what ever happened to Sareena after Quan Chi got captured. Was she granted asylum to Earthrealm as a result of her cooperation? Does she even know Bi Han was turned into a Wraith? What does the future hold for her?
Ah, never mind, I'm getting off track. What I'm trying to say is, don't obsess over what happened to Bi Han, move on to something more constructive.
Like obsessing over what happened to Sareena. ;p

I don't concede to anything.
Way to twist my words, though.

Two of those three now rule the Netherrealm. How THAT is irrelevant is beyond my level of comprehension, especially since the Netherrealm is a major realm.

and this means that it´s is a sh¡t.......... now with kitana on game: whast ´fn was modified or improved to the game? nothing, practically mk has lost a new oportunity for give the place to other character that was not exapended in the past, also stupid boon uses this excuse for his supposdely his open mind with the mk fans. nothing has changed or upgraded with stupid kitana, same with the other stupids chars from mk9.......... no no no TT i hate to boon and voguel not mk, because nobody of them has created or invented to mk.

Kitana is my main in MKX...specifically speaking, the Royal Storm variation. I am very interested in what you have to say about THAT. And how do YOU know what has or hasn't been "changed" or "upgraded" in MKX when you haven't played it and don't want to either (this is according to your own admission, by the way)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can't seriously think Bi Han's in the same boat as Hsu Hao, can you?! I mean, for Raiden's sake! Guy's a palette Swap Ninja, the stuff MK was built on.
Nah, he'll be back before we find all of the secret brutalities, I'm sure. If only so that Sub Zero has something to do besides looking after Frost's frozen body in MK X-I.

It goes deeper than that.
Bi-Han was the original Sub-Zero who became a wraith, and again in MK9 (which really didn't have palette swaps, btw), and they disregard the whole Soulnado and him even existing in present tense MKX, much like Hsu Hao.
I would have accepted a confirmation of his death, but no, we're left in limbo without knowing his fate.
It's a fair comparison to come to to think that maybe they also wrote off Noob Saibot.

Two of those three now rule the Netherrealm. How THAT is irrelevant is beyond my level of comprehension, especially since the Netherrealm is a major realm.

Fair point, but that was only at the end of the story in a small cut-scene, and prior to that they barley had much presence in MKX.
Liu and Kitana had about as much to do with the events and outcome of MKX as Motaro had to do with the outcome of MK9.
With that mentality, Shinnok should have been playable in MK9, as he WAS at the end of MK9, technically. No?
You sound a bit biased, though, given that Kitana is your main.