Another Subzero Sketch

ScorpZero

BANALITY

WOW!!! I really impressed myself with this one. I stood up all night drawing this and in my opinion this is my best work of art so far!!!

What do you think?

His eyes are slightly smaller thant hey should be, but that does make him look more asian haha. That's amazing. Could you maybe do Cyrax with his chest plate open and have a bunch of wires and shiny things on the inside? That would be frikin sweet.

Hmmm....

The face is rather flat, the shading on the left side of the face is too equal to that of the right... There is no depth therefore.

Also, the clothes don't wrap around the body, they lay flattish across him. The edges should curve around the body, round the torsal and over the shoulders. They don't really.

Generally the shape of the body bugs me... How you've drawn it isn't great. The waist looks far too long... And the chest looks like it droops in and is not round out.

Nice muscle work, nice shading. But nothing is just quite right on it. Improvements? Well I would of turned the head round slightly so there is less part of the left hand side showing. The clothes are flat, I would steepen the folds in them slightly so the folds and bumps are clearer. I would also watch the muscles yes, the shading is good to... But the locations on the body aren't correct.

7/10.

:?

ttttteeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaacccccccccchhhhhhhhhhh me plz!!!!!!!!! I need to draw like you. you are like the best drawer I've ever seen!!! oh yeah 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

flawless victory.

I think his body look retarded. It kinda goes to the side. His eyes look off a little. The bottom front of his costume is too far to the left. If he were standing straight, that part wouldn't be in the middle like it should be. His medallian is a little wrong. Heh, sorry for the harsh sounding comments but honesty isn't always friendly.

XxJadexX said:
I think his body look retarded. It kinda goes to the side. His eyes look off a little. The bottom front of his costume is too far to the left. If he were standing straight, that part wouldn't be in the middle like it should be. His medallian is a little wrong. Heh, sorry for the harsh sounding comments but honesty isn't always friendly.

Try standing in front of 30 people telling them about a rubbish picture you knocked up just to talk about and hearing them praise it....

You'd be glad for ANY bad critism after hearing a lot of praises... >_<'

I know I'm about to get knocked up by about 10 or more people wh olove this pic but 7.9/10 It just isn't as good as the ones before. Sorry to say it.

There are a few mistakes, BTW I haven't read the other post yet. Sorry SZ but I think you could have made it tons better.

This is gonna sound mean but that's pretty far from being the best picture ever. Sorry mate, it's pretty good but not that good. :cry:

Angel said:
Hmmm....

The face is rather flat, the shading on the left side of the face is too equal to that of the right... There is no depth therefore.

Also, the clothes don't wrap around the body, they lay flattish across him. The edges should curve around the body, round the torsal and over the shoulders. They don't really.

Generally the shape of the body bugs me... How you've drawn it isn't great. The waist looks far too long... And the chest looks like it droops in and is not round out.

Nice muscle work, nice shading. But nothing is just quite right on it. Improvements? Well I would of turned the head round slightly so there is less part of the left hand side showing. The clothes are flat, I would steepen the folds in them slightly so the folds and bumps are clearer. I would also watch the muscles yes, the shading is good to... But the locations on the body aren't correct.

7/10.

:?

Hmm..Angel your quite the criticizer. You sound like your a good drawer so I would like to see you attempt to draw a picture of Sub zero. Everyone else seems to love it, including my art professor

Not to sound mean but does your prof. Even know what the heck MK is?

I made a paint job off the internet that sucked and my "highly educated" prof. Gave me an A+. (2 points off for not putting what it was/Title)

Angel is a criticizer but just because someone says it is good doesn't mean it is as Khaos once said "Some people wouldn't know good art if it bit them on the ass."

Now I like your style no doubt but a few others do agree it isn't your best Sub-Zero drawing in fact your other ones were way better.

Again I like it but the others are way better. But that is ok. Plus she gave why she gave ti a 7/10 which isn'ta bad score that is around a C. At least be glad it wasn't a 5/6 out of 10.

No offense to you.

pyro scorpion said:
ttttteeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaacccccccccchhhhhhhhhhh me plz!!!!!!!!! I need to draw like you. you are like the best drawer I've ever seen!!! oh yeah 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10

flawless victory.

Thanks man
Some people think they are the best but dont back it up

ScorpZero said:
pyro scorpion said:

flawless victory.

Thanks man

Hey now. No one here said they were the best...except for when you indirectly said it. Angel is a good artist, and she knows what she's talking about...heed her words.

I never said Angel wasnt a good artist she probably is a good artist but I dont appreciate people pointing out flaws that arent there. Im not saying Im the best artist but alot of people seem to love it!!

ScorpZero said:
I never said Angel wasnt a good artist she probably is a good artist but I dont appreciate people pointing out flaws that arent there. Im not saying Im the best artist but alot of people seem to love it!!

Sorry, I guess I got confused by the title being "The best drawing of Subzero Ever!!" and by this

Hmm..Angel your quite the criticizer. You sound like your a good drawer so I would like to see you attempt to draw a picture of Sub zero. Everyone else seems to love it, including my art professor

Sure, it doesn't sound so bad until you read

And it makes it seem like you're saying she's no good. You should probably know this (being an artist and whatever) that critisizim is good. Notice how Em went and told you all the specific things instead of just saying 'OMG UBERSUCK"?

ScorpZero said:

If I point out a flaw it IS there.

I read books + magazines, I read professional artists crits, I also am a student artist in training to become professional. If I didn't know what I was talking about I wouldn't be at uni training to be a professional. I'm not a comtemporay artist either...

I'm good. Very. Hell I don't even put all of my work on the net, just the ones I find intereasting. I'm not gonna try to prove how good I am though, just take my word for it and view some of the work I've done on Deviantart. http://emilybee.deviantart.com/ . But as I said... Not all of my work goes up there, a lot of it I just haven't gotten round to put up.

I have been meaning to do a Scorpion Vs Subby fanpic for a while... Someone challenged me to draw it last Summer... Perhaps... I should stop putting it off now. Even though I have no time for fanpics I could set aside some for just one.

Next weekend look out, I'll put it up. :wink:

I'll start it tomarrow! :D

I dont mind criticism but you said things that werent wrong with it!
And its just messed up because I saw your drawings and did I bash it with every chance that I got. NO!!

Ok you are a good artist but trust me so am I!!

I put up my work so people CAN bash it. Thats how I work. I don't just give out crit about others work, I put stuff up for others to critise. If theres something wrong, to Hell, I want to know. I live by critism and get disappointed when no one supplies any.

And trust me, if I've spotted something wrong... I'll tell you. I've got the EXPERIENCE in this sort of thing. :wink:

If you can't take critism don't put up work... simple as that. Unless you put the words 'DON'T CRITISE' I will critise anything put up. Wouldn't you rather have the knowledge of where you went wrong and have advice on how to improve it? Thats what I supplied.

And I'm right. If you look hard enough and acknowledge your drawing isn't perfect, you'll see the mistakes.

Screams/1-

Anyway seriously guys you really don't have to do this all this can lead to is anger, leading to fights, leading to flames, leading to bans, leading to alts/etc.

But if you want I'd be glad to host it somewhere if i can...