Predator - X-Ray, Fatalities, Brutalities & Ending Video

My issue with MK9 was Rain being left out for DLC.
Thankfully MK9 Rain had a massive amount of people wanting him in, like MKX Tremor, and he got in.

I like the Predator and all, but I've found the true treasure of this dlc to be Carl Weathers as Jax. Makes me want to main Jax just because of how awesome I've found that so far.

Predator is so underwhelming. They really wasted that liscense.......

HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SPINE RIP!!!!!! Not one reference to the fact that he is a hunter and keeps your skull and spine as a trophy. His xray move is crap and so unpredator like, his fatalities are both pretty crap too, (especially the shoulder canon one) I thought they were really lazy in coming up with good fatalities for him. There are SOOOOOO many more things that would have been better than shooting the opponent three times. Woooooooopdeeeeeeeeedooooooooo! because he does that all the time in the films doesn't he!!
His Brutalities are MUCH better than his fatalities (and they aren't great either)
No spear, no net, No reference to him self healing between rounds. pretty poor sound fx. Honestly Netherrealm what the hell were you thinking!?!?!?! Possibly the best liscense you have ever aquired and you royaly F it up.
You would have been better off just creating a brand new character with the same moves....infact that's what it feels like you have done, then just slapped a Predator skin on top.

WASTE!!!!!! DO NOT BOTHER BUYING HIM!!!!!!!!!!! (Kombat Pack Buyers remorse!)

If you do the Hish-Qu-Ten "If It Bleeds" Brutality and hold down, he will not shoot off the arms, just shoot through the head.
Has anyone figured out the Brutality where he shoves his blades through the opponent's head and then rips it off (Ugly Mother combo)?
Hey thanks alot for these, tracked them down, ugly mother combo you need to hold 2 on the final hit

HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SPINE RIP!!!!!! Not one reference to the fact that he is a hunter and keeps your skull and spine as a trophy.

You obviously haven't either A) played as Predator or B) seen his win pose.
It's in there.
He does the spine rip as his win pose, and then proceeds to place the skull among the other skulls that he's collected.

Wow! Three posts up is freaking ridiculous. Like said above obviously havnt played as him yet if he hasn't seen the win pose cause it's the best in the game. Go troll somewhere else

HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A SPINE RIP!!!!!! Not one reference to the fact that he is a hunter and keeps your skull and spine as a trophy. His xray move is crap and so unpredator like, his fatalities are both pretty crap too, (especially the shoulder canon one) I thought they were really lazy in coming up with good fatalities for him. There are SOOOOOO many more things that would have been better than shooting the opponent three times. Woooooooopdeeeeeeeeedooooooooo! because he does that all the time in the films doesn't he!!
His Brutalities are MUCH better than his fatalities (and they aren't great either)
No spear, no net, No reference to him self healing between rounds. pretty poor sound fx. Honestly Netherrealm what the hell were you thinking!?!?!?! Possibly the best liscense you have ever aquired and you royaly F it up.
You would have been better off just creating a brand new character with the same moves....infact that's what it feels like you have done, then just slapped a Predator skin on top.

I could physically feel my IQ dropping reading this

Hey thanks alot for these, tracked them down, ugly mother combo you need to hold 2 on the final hit

So, I played around a bit more with his [Predator] "If It Bleeds..." Brutality and it seems to actually be a matter of distance rather than holding any particular button. If you're close to your opponent, you will shoot through the head and then shoot off the arms, and if you're past mid-screen, you will only shoot through the head. Holding buttons seems to have zero effect. I may have just been at the right distance every time I held a button to get my desired result.

And yeah, found the "Ugly Mother" Brutality as well. :)

So, how does it feel to have an opinion on a character you've clearly only spent about 10 seconds with? Because, apart from the Fatalities being underwhelming, they literally couldn't have done more justice to the Pred than this. Everything you've complained about is in there, in some way or another, sometimes just very subtle. Give him another go and pay close attention to details, then come back and admit you were a little premature with your rant and we'll consider it forgotten.

OK So here he is in all his madness, quite a fun character to play as too

and thanks to [MENTION=20445]TurnIntoGhosts[/MENTION] for putting me on the trail of 2 hidden ones

You're very welcome, dude. For the first one it's all about distance, apparently, as I've explained earlier. But yeah, glad yo have, possibly, put you on the right track. :)

I think the Predator legs look a bit skinny, he looks like a rookie Predator! They also could have used his net weapon that would slowly contract after pinning you to a wall....that could have been a really nice fatality!

Predator's first fatality was terrible while his second fatality is pretty awesome in my opinion. I wish that they use his spear as a fatality similar what the Predator did in the second film.

My only gripe with the Predator is that he has no real trophy Fatality. His "victory pose" has the spine rip, but it would have been really cool to see that as a Fatality instead. Other than that, I am in love with the character as he appears in this game and all of the Easter eggs.

Did the Predator always have a human body (with "pecs", "sixpack" and all)?
Wasn't his body more insect-like in the the old Schwarzenegger movie?
(not bashing, just wondering)