Predator - X-Ray, Fatalities, Brutalities & Ending Video

NXNDJ

OK So here he is in all his madness, quite a fun character to play as too

and thanks to [MENTION=20445]TurnIntoGhosts[/MENTION] for putting me on the trail of 2 hidden ones

Last edited:
He seems to be boring as fvck. So underwhelming.

If a character like Predator can't be a good, fun and mk worthy guest character then nobody can.

he's a fairly easy guy to use for a beginner but he's got depth with the traps & high/Low Combo branches

If you do the Hish-Qu-Ten "If It Bleeds" Brutality and hold down, he will not shoot off the arms, just shoot through the head.
Has anyone figured out the Brutality where he shoves his blades through the opponent's head and then rips it off (Ugly Mother combo)?

He's been around since 1987, existing before all these MK characters :p

And I'm aware of that, I do love the Predator movies and he's an amazing character, an icon of the SciFi cinema but we are not judging that here, we're judging a character on a fighting game it doesn't matter how many movies he's got or how legendary he is, it matters what he brings to MK, and it's hardly something new or fun.

So far MK9 DLC is vastly superior, I hope Tremor compensates this.

His Brutalities are pretty damn neat. Especially the one when he skins him and when he explodes. I'm guessing the thing with the skull is his winning pose.
Edit: it is, I stopped the video before the story ending as I didn't want to spoil it yet.

Now only if he would hurry up and come out already -__-

Last edited:
That's Mileena. Pretty visible.

As for Jungle Boy... His Brutalities are much better than his Fatalities.

I'm actually disappointed in Predator's inclusion. He doesn't really bring anything new to the table in terms of gameplay (except that slip-knot style move). Every DLC character, except Goro, brought new gameplay mechanics. Jason has passive abilities like increased damage as health gets lower and resurrecting after a lose. He also has the armor activating skill. Tanya has the pole stance, air controlled combat, and the magic dust. Predator pretty much plays like any other character that's already on the roster. I don't know much about what Predator can do, but they could've brought some new and unique gameplay mechanics to this character like they've done with Tanya and Jason. I believe this may be the reason they decided to have Predator be the next character so that they can save the best for last.

He seems to be boring as fvck. So underwhelming.

If a character like Predator can't be a good, fun and mk worthy guest character then nobody can.

Still better than Jason, and all the DLC characters we got in MK9. Tanya is the only one who I would say looks more impressive so far (haven't played him yet).

They did quite an homage overall, but I still agree they could have done more. For example include the infrared as a special move turning the screen infrared, similarly what happens with Jason.

Last edited:
Still better than Jason, and all the DLC characters we got in MK9. Tanya is the only one who I would say looks more impressive so far (haven't played him yet).

I think MK9 DLC couldn't be better except for Freddy.

Kenshi was redeemed, Skarlet was an amazing, surprising and original addition and Rain was pure awesomeness and now more people know it.

Jason sucks ass, Predator is just meh, I haven't seen much of Tanya but she doesn't interest me at all.

I think MK9 DLC couldn't be better except for Freddy.

Kenshi was redeemed, Skarlet was an amazing, surprising and original addition and Rain was pure awesomeness and now more people know it.

Jason sucks ass, Predator is just meh, I haven't seen much of Tanya but she doesn't interest me at all.

I guess this is the beauty of opinions then. Because I found Skarlet, Rain, and Kenshi to be absolute garbage, and don't even get me started with Freddy. When the guest character is the best character out of the DLC bunch you know it's effed up.

My only issue with MKX's choice of DLC characters is that it's 50/50, when it really should be more like 75/25 in favour of MK characters.

Personally I have no interest in most of the characters (especially Jason and Tanya) but I understand why they were chosen, and I think so far they're all really well designed and a lot of effort has gone into their gameplay. No complaints, really.

However, an equal number of guest and MK characters? No thanks, and please don't do that again in future.

IMO, the Kombat Pack should either have been:

Predator
Tanya
Tremor
Fujin

OR

Jason
Tanya
Tremor
Fujin
Sareena
Predator

Something along those lines, anyway.

Personally I don't care about Cyrax and Sektor, but I know they have a fanbase and MKX lacks proper cyborgs, so I wouldn't have been against either of these being included.