Kreate a Fighter for Mortal Kombat (2011)?

Nasty_Freak

Kreate a Fighter should return so we can make our favorite characters that won't make it in the game's roster at all. Not even as DLC. Plus, I like creating my own original characters. :)

I prefer that create a character be left for the pen/pencil and paper.

For one, it imbalances the game. An enormous amount of varying move sets are achieved that cannot possibly be QA'd, allowing for multiple abuses to the system. Most MK's have had enough of this without player created characters adding to the mix (top tier and god level characters).

It also detracts from the "vision" of the game. The developers own the game and must make it to suit themselves first and foremost both in game play and story line. If they cater entirely to the fan base, the game would lose all sense of itself as too much had to be injected into the mix to make everyone happy. It's the creators of the games responsibility to make the game they want, we get to decide after if we like it or not. The solution to this is make your own game :aetsch:

Created characters need to be left as an OC status so people can stretch the so called reality of the game and make Scorpion a kinder, gentler, ninja spectre who forgets all about why he's chosen the path of vengeance, so he can settle down with an effeminate male persona or googly-eyed, unstable, female where the rest of the fan base can choose to ignore it if they wish.

They tried, they failed, keep doing what works.

Just my thoughts.

For one, it imbalances the game. An enormous amount of varying move sets are achieved that cannot possibly be QA'd, allowing for multiple abuses to the system. Most MK's have had enough of this without player created characters adding to the mix (top tier and god level characters).

Absolutely. It's a lot of work that distracts from the work needed to QA the game and de-bugging. SCIII on the PS2 for example was a atrocious mess (yes, I needed to be redundant here). Only the following arcade version fixed it. SCIV was as well, but thanks to the ability to patch games post release this gen, it got better.

Personally, I liked the VF4 established approach of customizing your character (which Tekken used later). Such a feature can be released as DLC per character for example.

I believe they would have shown it by now. I doubt it's in there, not even a spot for it on the selection screen

I prefer alternate outfits. Creating characters is unnecessary.

"I'm sorry! My ingês is not perfect."

I prefer that create a character be left for the pen/pencil and paper.

It also detracts from the "vision" of the game. The developers own the game and must make it to suit themselves first and foremost both in game play and story line. If they cater entirely to the fan base, the game would lose all sense of itself as too much had to be injected into the mix to make everyone happy. It's the creators of the games responsibility to make the game they want, we get to decide after if we like it or not. The solution to this is make your own game :aetsch:

Created characters need to be left as an OC status so people can stretch the so called reality of the game and make Scorpion a kinder, gentler, ninja spectre who forgets all about why he's chosen the path of vengeance, so he can settle down with an effeminate male persona or googly-eyed, unstable, female where the rest of the fan base can choose to ignore it if they wish.

They tried, they failed, keep doing what works.

Just my thoughts.

100% Truth.

I think it takes fuel from the actaul characters. Outside of certain modes, I must admit I have a habbit of playing own characters for SC and forget Ivy and the rest of the cast. I mean why play as someone else's design when you have the freedom to play your own?

And thats why I'm in no rush to see it return.

Kreate a fighter doesnt belong in MK, i hate this feature. It makes the original characters look so weak when you can just put in your favorite moves into 1

Ed Boon really confirms the presence of new skins in the game.
This is very good!

Oh yes that's COOL!!!! :-D

I also I agree with Angel.

If Kreate a Kharacter were to return, I think it should just be similar to Soul Calibur 4's mode where created characters have the same moveset and fatalities as one particular character. I wouldn't mind making Nitara with Mileena's entire moveset and fatalities. We just get to customize the image before giving the moves.

I thought this was the weakest part to Armageddon and was totally limited in terms of appearance of the characters. They all ended up looking like bad alternative costumed version of MK characters already playable in the game. Plus, why not use the effort put into that mode and throw it into something we can all appreciate- i.e. the characters already in the game! So, I hope they axe 'kreate' for good. Its pure naff.

I'd like to see some fun/funny outfit customizing. Beating everyone in sight with a pink version of Scorpion would be nice. Or having a kilt for Cage.

Full-on character creation would only lead to people with no skill following guides to "optimal" character stats that would break the game.

I'd like to see some fun/funny outfit customizing. Beating everyone in sight with a pink version of Scorpion would be nice. Or having a kilt for Cage.

Full-on character creation would only lead to people with no skill following guides to "optimal" character stats that would break the game.

I agree, I just want custom costumes for your characters, not so much customized characters.

YES, alternate outfits but Scorpion pink version, Nah.