Official Street Fighter Thread

MK and its audience are not necessarily paragons of progressive thinking as people make it out to be. They can be just as divided and fickle as anybody else. I once suggested mid-battle fatalities, and people rejected the idea. Lo and behold, we got something similar in the form of the revamped Brutalities in MKX and the same people are loving it.

While I can appreciate a good story in video games, MK is not one of those titles. At best, the story modes in MK9 and MKX were borderline B-movies.

Last edited:
MK and its audience are not necessarily paragons of progressive thinking as people make it out to be. They can be just as divided and fickle as anybody else. I once suggested mid-battle fatalities, and people rejected the idea. Lo and behold, we got something similar in the form of the revamped Brutalities in MKX and the same people are loving it.

While I can appreciate a good story in video games, MK is not one of those titles. At best, the story modes in MK9 and MKX were borderline B-movies.

Brutalities make more sense to have as mid-battle finishers (historically speaking), due to how it was multiple inputs for the hits, as in combos.
Sure, some of the Brutalities in MKX are a simple input, but by the same token there are quite a few other Brutalities in MKX which are only done within combos, just like the old Brutalities were nothing more than glorified combos at the end of the match.
So, for me, the comparison between mid-battle Brutalities and mid-battle Fatalities are different.

As for the story aspect, while MK is no Final Fantasy, Mass Effect or Fallout when it comes to story and won't be winning an award for story mode any time soon, they're still considered by many to be 2 of the best fighting game stories, as of lately.
Sure Mk9 and MKX are borderline B-movies, but given the inspiration for MK1, the series itself started out as being a B-movie ispired videogame, so it makes sense.
Big Trouble In Little China, anyone?

As for R. Mika, I never cared for the character, but I'm happy for those that DID want the character in the game.

I wonder how shira feels now
Well smack my ass and call me Triple H, R. Mika's back.

This is a pretty good line up so far although Capcom's promotion techniques are really making this game weird for me. Its like, "Hey here's R. Mika or Vega with no big reveal. See you guys on like a random Wednesday where we reveal Akuma out of nowhere."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

To be honest, a part of me enjoys that more than expecting something with teases and trolling from a dev and getting nothing for it.
I'd rather be surprised than get trolled and said character(s) never appear at all.

Heeeeeey you're right actually. It's weird but I do like it of course, especially when they revealed Bison on a Tuesday :love:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I wonder how shira feels now

OH MY GOD, IT CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!

latest

Das it man, the game must be mine now to play with the bae, I must <3

They've been doing well at adding characters that I've personally never seen before. I though this was one of their new characters. What is the roster current? I know we'll be have 16 characters with 4 of them being new the that we'll get more as dlc.