PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

How about fixing this first and than working on the new one ?
They could release an expansion to continue the story and add new characters, i would be totally fine with that. And while they are on it, i would like to get my game fixed.

Last edited:
Yeah, told ya that NRS won't allow HVS to make a port with a better netcode than their shitty one on consoles. My god, a Russian nabtard idiot defeated me in 3 consecutive games cause I was lagging like shit - and he was just mashing random buttons in close distance. My game relies heavily on special moves, and I cannot pull them off half the time - either due to keyboard ghosting, or the lag. All that moron had to do was get close to me and spam random buttons.

How about fixing this first and than working on the new one ?
They could release an expansion to continue the story and add new characters, i would be totally fine with that. And while they are on it, i would like to get my game fixed.

I didn't say I don't want this one fixing. I just think when they do the next MK it would be beneficial to everyone if they got external help for the online portion of the game.

I would totally be happy if they went the expansion route instead of the new game route. Don't see it happening, but I'd be totally fine with that.

Wow, so much negativity about the MP. Puts my hate posts to shame, really...

Good thing I'm not wasting my time with it. I already witnessed how unresponsive the controls were, and although I did figure out how to minimize the PHAIL of an execution to go away in most of the case (gotta mash ONE button instead of two or three, genius), it really seems that the Online portion of the game would make me flip out.

Hah. Not gonna happen, NRS. Not gonna happen.

BTW does it at least show the ping of the opponent you're playing with?

I bought the game yesterday and have been playing the 1 player ladder and online. 1 player game modes seem really good, the game is fast, responsive, and the graphics are very sharp, notably more so than the PS3 version I normally play. The graveyard level does have a notable drop in frame rate that makes the entire match run in slow motion, that particular level seems very resource heavy, from what I'm reading from other players it sounds like a driver or game engine issue that will need patching.

Online just sucks, I can't stand it, every single match has horrendous lag and I feel very fortunate if I get a full combo to work. It's extremely frustrating to lose to some cretin that uses nothing but jumping backwards firing barakas fireballs and blade charge over and over because I can't even get the freaking block button to respond or punish long recovery specials. This is assuming you even get a match to start since it takes forever to find a player to play against and drops the session half the time after you do.

So, if you're playing for local multiplayer or single player, the game is fantastic. Online is a complete wash and you would be better off with BlazBlue, Street Fighter IV, Tekken, Soul Calibur 5, or Dead or Alive 5 than this if you plan to try online play as your regular method of entertainment.

Played some matches today with my friend, I'm in North Carolina, he's in Canada on the west side. Was a pain in the ass to get past the character select screen until the silly bastard remember he'd been downloading Walking Dead episodes. Turned it off and we have about 10 matches, no disconnects. The online wasn't as smooth as single player but it was better than I had expected.

Hi guys ...

i just want to ask if the game will run optimally (Graphic-wise, FPS-wise et.....) on these specs

Processor
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
-
Operating System
Windows 8 64
-
Display
15.6" HD LED Glossy Wedge 1366x768
-
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT750M GDDR5 2GB
-
Memory
8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
-
Hard Drive
1TB 5400 RPM
-
Optical Drive
DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)
-
Network Card
Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230
-
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Version 4.0
-
Warranty
One year
-
Battery
6 Cell Lithium-Ion

these are the specs of Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

please respond ASAP thank you :)

Hi guys ...

i just want to ask if the game will run optimally (Graphic-wise, FPS-wise et.....) on these specs

Processor
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
-
Operating System
Windows 8 64
-
Display
15.6" HD LED Glossy Wedge 1366x768
-
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT750M GDDR5 2GB
-
Memory
8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
-
Hard Drive
1TB 5400 RPM
-
Optical Drive
DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)
-
Network Card
Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230
-
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Version 4.0
-
Warranty
One year
-
Battery
6 Cell Lithium-Ion

these are the specs of Lenovo Ideapad Y510P

please respond ASAP thank you :)

Your laptop should be able to play it on high settings spec-wise, the only caution I would give is that laptop computers do not always behave well with games.

Pirates have a better online experience than us?? But this is impossible!!! How can they play online?? Steam don't let you to use pirate copies of games. How these idiots are playing online? They might play on pirate severs then. And just because they didn't have problems doesn't mean that the online lag don't exist. they will experience some lag sooner or later. Anyway we must encourage everyone to buy it not to pirate it if we want fighters from WB to continue coming on PC.

No offence, but how naive can you be? Steam doesn't let you use pirated copies of game? It is IMPOSSIBLE for pirates to play game online? The guys who spent 10 or more years, actively breaking every damn code and changing it for their own use, cannot modify servers and make them into "official" Lan servers, so they could be able to use third party programs(tuungle, hamachi) to play? Good Raiden the game was cracked practically, before it was released. Just 30 minutes passed and first cracked Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition appeared for download. I do not approve pirating, but fact is a fact.
The problems official MK9 is facing (netcode, lags, etc) shouldn't be happening in the first place. I myself while don't have game was able to see MK9 errors in person by visiting friend with official MK9 copy. Very sad sight. Normally patch should be coming this week or at very least next week. If not... Voltage has abandoned MK9 after porting it (that would be... not really professional).
So in short the result. Pirates enjoy better experience than paying costumers. Well F#$K DAT SH%T. Not watching another great game becoming top pirated game of the year.
I suggest that we make a damn petition. Not for Injustice(also not a fan of DC universe), but for MK9 patches, fixes.
We also write a huge ass thread there everyone write down their problems (in the most professional manner possible) and send it to Voltage and Netherrealm(for this guys just to remind them that paying costumers are not someone to be f^%ked with and they should be reminding Voltage that their they need... no no... MUST FINISH FIXING THE GAME). I cannot contribute much as for giving information about bugs, as mentioned above I don't have the game yet. Even so if you need flashes, fireworks, videos anything to give bigger impact about this issue. I am your man. Have finished MK9 tribute video as a thanks for pc port... but now.. I am thinking of using it for getting attention from Voltage and Netherrealm.

No one waited 2 FREAKING YEARS just to get a game which is swimming in the seas of netcode errors and graphical bugs and I will be damned if pirates will be able to enjoy this game more, than a loyal paying costumer.

WE NEED TO REMIND VOLTAGE AND NETHERREALM THAT THEY SHOULD WORK FOR THE MONEY THEY GET FROM COSTUMERS.

Last edited:
While that's a great notion, unfortunately today's gaming industry is about as self-centered as any market gets. It's not about the consumers anymore, it's about pre-order numbers, units shipped, sales, and quarterly figures. Once you've bought their product, they smile and they move on. Bungie is seriously one of the very last fan-oriented developers that isn't indie. Being in video game journalism for over two years, I've seen and heard it all. Companies paying or offering things for good reviews, for example.

I'll be surprised if High Voltage or NRS even bats an eye to the problems with Mortal Kombat. Ideally, most members of the various MK forums should have waited for reports from other users before jumping on the bandwagon. The slow sales would have caught their attention, but since MK:KE is a top seller on Steam, they're most likely patting themselves on the back for a job "well done."

Guys! Guys! I have very good news to report!! Today i played some matches with Zaxx. You know he is one those who until yesterday was complaing about the lag and disconnects online. But now we played 5 matches and didint lag at all! He told me that he fixed it. He said that he opened all ports of his modem to steam. And since he did that this means that now steamworks games can use all ports of his modem and after that mortal kobmat 9 stopped lagged online! That wht he told me that he did. Now we must spread the world online to make evryone who has mk9 on pc aware of it. This is something that will help lot of people to have a perfect online experience.

Guys! Guys! I have very good news to report!! Today i played some matches with Zaxx. You know he is one those who until yesterday was complaing about the lag and disconnects online. But now we played 5 matches and didint lag at all! He told me that he fixed it. He said that he opened all ports of his modem to steam. And since he did that this means that now steamworks games can use all ports of his modem and after that mortal kobmat 9 stopped lagged online! That wht he told me that he did. Now we must spread the world online to make evryone who has mk9 on pc aware of it. This is something that will help lot of people to have a perfect online experience.

Well the best advice I can give is to refer to this list:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711

I don't know exactly which one did the trick but the other thing I noticed after playing with Shredder is that we didn't use mics so that could also be a huge factor here. Most people online use their mics and I'm sure that can hurt the connection in a big way.

While that's a great notion, unfortunately today's gaming industry is about as self-centered as any market gets. It's not about the consumers anymore, it's about pre-order numbers, units shipped, sales, and quarterly figures. Once you've bought their product, they smile and they move on. Bungie is seriously one of the very last fan-oriented developers that isn't indie. Being in video game journalism for over two years, I've seen and heard it all. Companies paying or offering things for good reviews, for example.

I'll be surprised if High Voltage or NRS even bats an eye to the problems with Mortal Kombat. Ideally, most members of the various MK forums should have waited for reports from other users before jumping on the bandwagon. The slow sales would have caught their attention, but since MK:KE is a top seller on Steam, they're most likely patting themselves on the back for a job "well done."

Yeah Mass Effect 3 had awesome sales and devs patted each other for the first week. After that they got sh^itstorm of fans complaining and protesting about that sorry excuse for ending. For money grabbing assholes they actually not only didn't smile and walked away but made free extended cut (barely did any job to fix ending but the effort was noted.

P.S Good news about ONLINE Gameplay. Glad to hear at least there is an option to fix it.

I don't think that port thingy has anything to do with the lag. Maybe we should try it. I will try playing with both Zaxx and Shredder today, and see how it goes. I got a direct connection, no modem, router or anything, no ports closed or forwarded, no firewalls, nothing. My connection is as liberal and clean as it gets.

What your steam profile ionicle? Ok we will play later because now i have some job to do and then i go out with friends. So maybe in about 10 hours we will play Also i created a thread on steam mortal kombat forums about this solution. I am looking forward to see if it is something that kills lag for evryone or if it is working only for a few connections

My Steam ID is "gyzimaki". Feel free to add me directly, both of you, since I had issues with adding friends yesterday - it kept saying "This feature is not available at the moment".

If the "ports solution" turns out to be true, that would be totally groundbreaking, and we have to make sure to try and make it as widely public as possible - most people indeed use a sort of modem or a router, direct connections are pretty rare ( they are pretty common in Bulgaria, but that's not the case everywhere ), plus pretty much everyone uses a sort of firewall/antivirus app that filters and monitors the traffic, and keeps certain ports sealed off.

No offence, but how naive can you be? Steam doesn't let you use pirated copies of game? It is IMPOSSIBLE for pirates to play game online? The guys who spent 10 or more years, actively breaking every damn code and changing it for their own use, cannot modify servers and make them into "official" Lan servers, so they could be able to use third party programs(tuungle, hamachi) to play? Good Raiden the game was cracked practically, before it was released. Just 30 minutes passed and first cracked Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition appeared for download. I do not approve pirating, but fact is a fact.

You'd be surprised how easy it actually is to play the pirate version online via Steam. Obviously the pirates can't play with legit owners, only the pirates can play with each other. And that's all I'm going to say about that ;)