Your wishlist for MK10

^

Which leads me back to Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Noob (Bi Han) who both died in MK10. If NRS will have no dead characters return as playables, one (if Noob survived the soulnado) or both may not return for MK10. Then, Frost can be the ice character. To tell you the truth, I was pissed off when Kitana and Nitara (who didnt die in MKDA) weren't playable in MKD but then I checked out the other characters available. That's when I started to really have Jade as my favorite.

For Frost, I hope she looks more feminine and easier to play as.

Last edited:
^

Which leads me back to Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang) and Noob (Bi Han) who both died in MK10. If NRS will have no dead characters return as playables, one (if Noob survived the soulnado) or both may not return for MK10. Then, Frost can be the ice character. To tell you the truth, I was pissed off when Kitana and Nitara (who didnt die in MKDA) weren't playable in MKD but then I checked out the other characters available. That's when I started to really have Jade as my favorite.

For Frost, I hope she looks more feminine and easier to play as.

I would only accept Frost as the ice character if her moves are NOTHING like Sub-Zero's.
Frost is one of the post-MK3 characters that needs a COMPLETE overhaul.

We can just agree to disagree. Sub-Zero and Scorpion regardless of story should be in every MK game. As well as Raiden and Sonya for me at this point too. Those four are the head honchos when it comes to MK, I would damn near say Liu Kang as well. I'm just not sure he's absolutely needed like the other 4 possibly because when he died in DA it seemed to start a whole new era for MK to me by killing one character. That's neither here nor there now though.

Most fighting games have a core cast of characters who are in nearly every MK game. As much as I used to love story, I am of the assumption it now takes a back seat to gameplay because I just cannot forgive some of the mistakes made in the last games story and yes one of those is still cyber sub-zero. I would have much rather they just completely rebooted the story all together instead of this going back in time crap. Anyway, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Sonya all hold important parts of MK history respectively. Raiden has pretty much became the main protagonist or storyteller for each game, Sonya the first and lead female of MK, and Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the mascots. Those four deserve a spot no matter what IMO. If I had to pick a core cast for each game those four are it.
While I can't disagree with all this any more than I already do, I definitely agree that we should just agree to disagree here and call it a day

Not really.
Scorpion missing in MK3 did more damage to Midway's pockets because he was missing.
I agree 100% with Subz that Sub-Zero and Scorpion are irreplaceable.

Metal, I agree that they shouldn't be FORCED into MK10, but Sub-Zero somehow needs to come back in MK10 with a good explanation.
It's been explained various times how Bi-Han or Kuai-Liang could come back in MK10, but even if it's as an unlockable character in the Krypt, Sub-Zero needs to come back as a playable character in MK10.
I, personally, have gone through various explanations as to how human Sub-Zero comes back.
No Sub-Zero in MK10 = no pre-order from me.
No MK character is replaceable, regardless of whether they're Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Shang Tsung or any other character.

I don't mind Sub-Zero coming back as a non-canonical playable character in MK10, but story-wise, I really think he should sit out this time.

About your Scorpion point, even provided that was the case, I wouldn't apply that to just Scorpion. A lot of established characters didn't appear in MK3, Scorpion wasn't the only one absent from the game.

No MK character is replaceable, regardless of whether they're Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Shang Tsung or any other character.

I don't mind Sub-Zero coming back as a non-canonical playable character in MK10, but story-wise, I really think he should sit out this time.

About your Scorpion point, even provided that was the case, I wouldn't apply that to just Scorpion. A lot of established characters didn't appear in MK3, Scorpion wasn't the only one absent from the game.

The reason that I mention that is because people keep bringing up Frost replacing Sub-Zero, which is a HELL NO in my book.
Could she be an apprentice, who has different ice moves? Sure
Replacing Sub-Zero? HELL NO

Agreed on your 2nd point.
I don't mind having human Sub-Zero in MK10 as an unlockable playable character, but NO Sub-Zero in MK10 is unacceptable to me.

As for your 3rd point, agreed, but Sub-Zero and Scorpion are the Ken and Ryu of MK.
Whether anyone actually wants to admit that, is another thing.
Those 2, along with Raiden and Liu Kang, are the top main characters (story-wise) in MK.
I'm not saying that the story can't revolve around new characters, but those 4 should also somehow be involved, even if it's just a small part.

Most likely, Human Sub Zero will be an alternate costume, similar to Cyrax.

IMO, neither scorp or subz are above being absent in an MK game, despite EXAGGERATED worth from fans and game developers alike...

The problem is, Alot of you need to remove yourselves from Scorp and Subz c***s. If Subz, Scorps, or any other of your favs are absent from a game, Suck it up and Move on...

I favor Scorpion above most others in MK, yet if he is absent another game, I would not pitch a fit at all and despite personal feelings, would still welcome the changes. As I have of the Alt timeline in MK9.

I'm also of the belief that the characters make the game, and the universe of MK for that matter. If you start removing the critical characters then it's NOT MK despite how many people still want to make it out to be MK. Scorpion and Sub-Zero may not be the main characters, but that does not make their stories or importance to the franchise any less valid. They are still the mascots and still the ones that fans cry for and notice. Guaranteed you leave both of them out of the game, and fans would be like WTF???

As far as story goes, Sub-Zero has way less likely of a chance of returning than Scorpion. However, Scorpion is destined to do the same ass thing over and over again so it's not like he's integral to the story or something. Notice he's' still on the logo though, notice he's still going to be in the next game regardless, and notice that (if the rumors are true) he will probably end up in injustice. I'm just saying guys the characters make a franchise what it is, and I believe Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Sonya make MK. Hell throw in Liu Kang for that matter too.

Also, I don't believe Sub-Zero as a human will be an alt in the next game. If anything the cyber skin will be an alt, and I'm not even sure the cyber one will return to be honest. I still go off of plays of each character from themortalkombat.com, and Sub-Zero is in third place. They will find a way to bring back human Sub-Zero he's too popular and popularity equals sales. I don't know how yet, but Human Sub-Zero will be back. Whether through Sareena helping him. Bi-Han being somehow split from Noob Saibot (although I don't think that makes any sense), or they all magically get reborn and Sub-Zero is human (which would make more sense anyways how the hell a soul is cyber is beyond me). The point is the characters make the franchise. Take em away and all you got is a bad horror movie.

I'm also of the belief that the characters make the game, and the universe of MK for that matter. If you start removing the critical characters then it's NOT MK despite how many people still want to make it out to be MK.

You are right in saying that characters make the game/story but at the same time so do the all other characters around the said characters along with the premise and setting, all these are complimentary to each other, that is what makes MK, not just a handful of characters alone. If MK revolved around just the fan favorites, Mk's story would have fallen apart long ago and making it nothing more than cringe worthy, which I'm glad is not the case, atleast till now.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero may not be the main characters, but that does not make their stories or importance to the franchise any less valid. They are still the mascots and still the ones that fans cry for and notice. Guaranteed you leave both of them out of the game, and fans would be like WTF???

Them being important or mascots doesn't negate the fact that there are other more important, central characters to the story either. Nobody is disputing the fact they both will be there atleast as an unlockable, but their story arcs should not be shoehorned into the main story just to appease fans when there are more important events and stories to tell.

Also, I don't believe Sub-Zero as a human will be an alt in the next game. If anything the cyber skin will be an alt, and I'm not even sure the cyber one will return to be honest. I still go off of plays of each character from themortalkombat.com, and Sub-Zero is in third place. They will find a way to bring back human Sub-Zero he's too popular and popularity equals sales. I don't know how yet, but Human Sub-Zero will be back. Whether through Sareena helping him. Bi-Han being somehow split from Noob Saibot (although I don't think that makes any sense), or they all magically get reborn and Sub-Zero is human (which would make more sense anyways how the hell a soul is cyber is beyond me). The point is the characters make the franchise. Take em away and all you got is a bad horror movie.

I dont believe they will be rid of cyber-subz so easily just because SOME fans prefer human version. Cyber subz is part of the ALT timeline change. And if they choose to continue the ALT path in the next game, they are not going to just start changing things back because fans dont like it. That defeats the purpose of the timeline being ALTERED/Changed. and Cyber subz is a MAJOR change, atleast for Sub zero.

maybe his soul was still a cyber to give fans the notion that this 'new sub zero' is here to stay for a while.

Honestly, I believe Boon could give two cents about what we dont like in the storymode. If i was creator Id be the same way.
He is not going to let what fans like and dont like dictate what he wants in the MK story.

Ed Boon (probably)- "if u want a human subzero...press left or right when cyber sub zero's alt costume selection box shows up".

same with Liu in MK:D. If u want human liu, press start when u select zombie liu.

It would be nice for Liu Kang to return scarred and wearing a hoodie.

I don't wanna see Liu return as a zombie again.

Maybe Sub-Zero will come back a human later.... maybe unmasked? Or better yet. Make 3 costumes
1st - Cyber Sub-Zero
2nd - Human masked Sub-Zero
3rd - Human unmasked Sub-Zero

As far as Liu Kang's scarring (and apparent death) was concerned, an interesting thing noted by regulars at the MK wiki is on how is managed to get burnt like that even though he has the control over fire. It seems Raiden's electricity reacted with his fire causing him to have those burns. Plus he was burnt in the exact same way Kabal got burnt, with the damaged eye, and scars in almost the same places. Perhaps it could be an indication that he isn't actually dead?

Most likely, Human Sub Zero will be an alternate costume, similar to Cyrax.

IMO, neither scorp or subz are above being absent in an MK game, despite EXAGGERATED worth from fans and game developers alike...

The problem is, Alot of you need to remove yourselves from Scorp and Subz c***s. If Subz, Scorps, or any other of your favs are absent from a game, Suck it up and Move on...

I favor Scorpion above most others in MK, yet if he is absent another game, I would not pitch a fit at all and despite personal feelings, would still welcome the changes. As I have of the Alt timeline in MK9.

I'd be fine with Sub-Zero being an unlockable Krypt character, but if alternate costume is the best that NRS can do, I'll just have to accept that, I guess.

LOL.
Sub-Zero doesn't get love from the developers.
In every MK9 artwork and collectible, Sub-Zero is getting his ass handed to him by Scorpion.
He's even getting his ass kicked in the title screen.
You're mistaking Scorpion love for Sub-Zero love from NRS.
Ed Boon's favorite character is Scorpion, so therefore Scorpion always gets the upper hand.

InB4 Sub-Zero even got 2 sections in story mode.
If you think for one second that Cyber Sub-Zero getting a chapter in Story Mode = Sub-Zero love, you're HIGHLY mistaken. :laugh:
The only reason that he got a section in story mode, is because NRS just can't leave 1 of the 2 main MK characters with their story being unresolved.

People could either suck it up and move on, or they could just buy the game used (in which NRS wouldn't see a penny from it), or not even buy the game at all.
I don't think NRS would risk people not buying the game.

Sure, you may buy the game regardless, but you'd still be pretty pissed that he wasn't in the game, right?
Same here.
I accepted the MK9 timeline, but I just have a preference to human Sub-Zero over Cyber Sub-Zero.
Ultimately, human Sub-Zero would be ideal for me, but that may not be the case in MK10.
I've even said various times that I'd prefer Cyber Sub-Zero to NO Sub-Zero.
My question for NRS is "If Cyber Sub-Zero is to be implemented into this new timeline, then why the f*** did they kill him off???"

Last edited:
Every single Mortal Kombat character to date! Keep it as the 2D fighting system. Return of Konquest mode, I really enjoyed that. All this would make me extremely happy :) :)

Meh, I could care less for Konquest Mode.
I don't mind the linear story, as long as it's done right.

Tremor needs to be fleshed out in the story, and be on the main roster for MK10.
If Sareena can make it in, and she was in that piece of shit MK Mytholigies: Sub-Zero game, then so can Tremor.
I've been wanting to see Tremor in an MK fighting game since 1997, and the Vita Challenge Tower version is bullshit, considering that they just copy-pasted Jax's moves. :|

The Krypt needs a total makeover.
Different colored koins for Krypt koffins needs to come back.
Maybe some empty koffins, to mess with people, like in DA.
Different colored koins in hidden in different Krypts would be nice too.
Cooking with Scorpion.
Funny pics and short videos.
The awesome Krypt is what I miss the most about the old days.

Last edited:
I'm just going to say this. If popularity of characters or appearance of characters doesn't matter, aka Cyber Subz or Human Subz then Injustice would have more characters like Cheetah on the main roster. Instead we got Catwoman who we all know is more popular and recognizeable. I think most need to realize that story is not going to dictate what characters are in the game. MONEY in the end is going to dictate who is in the game. Human Sub-Zero will bring them in more money. They will not leave a human Sub-Zero out of MK10 and I will go as far as to say the human will be the main sub-zero while the cyber version will be the alt.

I can actually stand the cyber counterpart now too, I'm just being realistic. It will piss people off if a human Sub-Zero ain't there. That's a fact. I wouldn't even beat story mode for the longest just because I didn't want cyber sub-zero. That's just one example of how that divides the fanbase, they are not going to risk money for the sake of a character who wasn't even that well received, and they damn sure aren't going to replace that said character with his female counterpart who is even less popular. Story will not dictate the roster in the end. It just won't.

I can actually stand the cyber counterpart now too, I'm just being realistic. It will piss people off if a human Sub-Zero ain't there. That's a fact. I wouldn't even beat story mode for the longest just because I didn't want cyber sub-zero. That's just one example of how that divides the fanbase, they are not going to risk money for the sake of a character who wasn't even that well received, and they damn sure aren't going to replace that said character with his female counterpart who is even less popular. Story will not dictate the roster in the end. It just won't.

I agree somewhat with this paragraph.
I don't think NRS would risk NOT having either a human Sub-Zero or any version Sub-Zero, in MK9.
That being said, I could still see Frost being in (hopefully with a new overhauled move-set), considering that MK10 will probably take place from MK4 thru MKD.
Sub-Zero may still come back either as Kuai-Liang or Bi-Han (I won't get into that shit again), but maybe at the end of MK10 with the revival of the other MK warriors.
NOT having A Sub-Zero in MK10 would be a HUGE mistake on NRS part, deterring fans from the series like that.

I'm just going to say this. If popularity of characters or appearance of characters doesn't matter, aka Cyber Subz or Human Subz then Injustice would have more characters like Cheetah on the main roster. Instead we got Catwoman who we all know is more popular and recognizeable.

Can't compare Injustice to MK. Injustice is the first in a series, MK10 won't be.

And I wouldn't worry about the 'money' NRS would lose due to the lack of Sub Zero or what not, cause I'm sure they could get back twice as much from new and more open minded fans, if they bring in something new, along with a well developed story and everything else that made MK9 successful.

Can't compare Injustice to MK. Injustice is the first in a series, MK10 won't be.

And I wouldn't worry about the 'money' NRS would lose due to the lack of Sub Zero or what not, cause I'm sure they could get back twice as much from new and more open minded fans, if they bring in something new, along with a well developed story and everything else that made MK9 successful.

The comparison is valid, though because even though Injustice is the first in the series, hardcore tournament fans aren't the only ones picking up Injustice.
I'm sure that people with kids would pick this game up, considering that it doesn't have a mature rating, and kids / the general public love the popular characters.
They're not going to put in characters that only the DC fans know about.
They're going to put in characters that EVERYONE knows about, to make sure that they get more people buying the game.
Do you think the game would sell as well if Superman, Batman, The Joker, Wonder Woman, The flash and Green Lantern weren't on the front cover?
Sure, the hardcore DC or fighting game fan may pick it up, but there are lots of people who see those characters and are like "Cool, a fighting game with superheroes, that I can play with my kids."

Same goes for MK, as far as popular characters go.
Why do you think Sub-Zero and Scorpion are on the front cover of an MK reboot game?
It's because over the years, people have recognized Sub-Zero and Scorpion as being the 2 main ninjas in MK and it's the 2 top characters that everyone (hardcore fan or not) knows.
They could still make lots of money without Sub-Zero, but not as much as with him being in the game.
Popularity, much like sex, sells.

What movie do you think people would rather see at a theater, a chick flick or a Spiderman, Batman, Iron Man or Avengers movie?
The answer is very likely one of those superhero movies, because while girls will drag their boyfriends to see the chickflick, chances are higher that more men, women and children will see those superhero movies because they're familiar with the characters.

I'd be fine with Sub-Zero being an unlockable Krypt character, but if alternate costume is the best that NRS can do, I'll just have to accept that, I guess.

LOL.
Sub-Zero doesn't get love from the developers.
In every MK9 artwork and collectible, Sub-Zero is getting his ass handed to him by Scorpion.
He's even getting his ass kicked in the title screen.
You're mistaking Scorpion love for Sub-Zero love from NRS.
Ed Boon's favorite character is Scorpion, so therefore Scorpion always gets the upper hand.

InB4 Sub-Zero even got 2 sections in story mode.
If you think for one second that Cyber Sub-Zero getting a chapter in Story Mode = Sub-Zero love, you're HIGHLY mistaken. :laugh:
The only reason that he got a section in story mode, is because NRS just can't leave 1 of the 2 main MK characters with their story being unresolved.

People could either suck it up and move on, or they could just buy the game used (in which NRS wouldn't see a penny from it), or not even buy the game at all.
I don't think NRS would risk people not buying the game.

Sure, you may buy the game regardless, but you'd still be pretty pissed that he wasn't in the game, right?
Same here.
I accepted the MK9 timeline, but I just have a preference to human Sub-Zero over Cyber Sub-Zero.
Ultimately, human Sub-Zero would be ideal for me, but that may not be the case in MK10.
I've even said various times that I'd prefer Cyber Sub-Zero to NO Sub-Zero.
My question for NRS is "If Cyber Sub-Zero is to be implemented into this new timeline, then why the f*** did they kill him off???"

That may be the case, yet outcome remains the same and necessity dictates NRS exaggerate the man's worth in kind because they know of the massive coin spilling from his c*** when pleasured with 'fandom' touch...

Scorpion is similar except his exaggerated worth spills coin not only by fans touch(mine included), but his developers who also favor him, none more so then the boss.

I got the notion NRS did not care for the ice ninja by the way the 'trash can' was taken out by Sindel.

I love the MK9 title screen btw, Scorpion FTW! Yes, Im Pro Scorpion. No I don't hate Sub-Zero, but I pity the fool...

Subz' misfortunes during promotions is a case Of "I'll do it, but I dont have to like it..." attitude from NRS, yet they know, a simple showing of the man would cause fevers of thousands to swell to great heights and in the act, ignite the fan craving of blood and death to be satisfied in a well created spectacle, even if it is subz who meets ill fate. Developers get the glory no matter who wins. Boon: "BUT...since i favor Scorpion and i am the boss...ill give him the victories."

And as you pointed out, "i'd prefer Cyber-Sub, then NO SUB"...a sentiment shared by many. Boon: "Better Sub zero getting a glorious death, then No Sub zero at all..." and you really can't get upset by it, because in the end, this Is literally "A Game of Death"

IMO, If you quit MK over something as foolish as your Fav char(s) absent from one or two games, then IMO you were never a true fan to began with.

Liu Kang rides second only to Scorpion in my MK fav list, yet his tragic absence in MK:DA though sorely missed did not cause unwavering loyalty to a franchise I have loved since before I can remember, to deplete even in the slightest. I turned to Kung Lao to seek vengeance and in the act gained a new Fav. Even in MK's dethroning in the late 90s with Annihilation, or DotR, or Special Forces(all of which I own) for s sake, lol. I yet held on firm and strong knowing that one day it should rise again to former glories, no better time more so then now.

Truth be told, putting out a new game, movie etc, is ALWAYS a risk... and how it is received, remain a mystery in the days before it is revealed. But you just go for it... Killing Liu Kang was a risk...but it turned out not as bad as people thought when his absence was noticed.

Perhaps to show that all stand equal in this game despite who fans adore the most. and also that No one is above death in MK, No Fan Favorite, No Champion... besides...no one is pissed because eventually everyone is going to return. One way or another...