What Pad/Stick do you use?

This X-Box controller is a bit expensive, but I like the fact that you can customize it, there's even a ps3-style d-pad that comes with it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063BCQ1Q/?tag=stackoverfl08-20

I'd take good care of it tho, people say it's fragile.

MLG-Pro-Circuit-Controller-PS31.jpg

This X-Box controller is a bit expensive, but I like the fact that you can customize it, there's even a ps3-style d-pad that comes with it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063BCQ1Q/?tag=stackoverfl08-20

I'd take good care of it tho, people say it's fragile.

MLG-Pro-Circuit-Controller-PS31.jpg

It has a cool customizable gimmick, but I don't think I'd invest in that. I'd rather get a stick for that price. I think I'll just go to the sega/ps2 converter. Do you do that? I want to know what works, instead of buying the whole set-up and not work, nawmsayen?

It has a cool customizable gimmick, but I don't think I'd invest in that. I'd rather get a stick for that price. I think I'll just go to the sega/ps2 converter. Do you do that? I want to know what works, instead of buying the whole set-up and not work, nawmsayen?

mad catz make good stuff but their products don't last and people break them all the time. I say get a converter they are cheapter and more dependable for the money.

The converter is not the problem, PS2 ---> X-Box is quite easy to find, the problem is the sega-saturn style controller, it's extremely rare, the cheapest one I found was an used one for $90, I actually paid $240 for mine, yes I'm crazy. The DS2 is actually much better for MK than the SS, get that one. I'm collecting pads, the FC3 Pro is the best for MK, you just have to map the buttons properly.

This is how I configure my FC3

Square: Tag
X: Grab
Triangle: FP
R1 (Face): BP
Circle: FK
R2 (Face): BK
R1 (Shoulder): Flip Stance
R2 (Shoulder): Block

The converter is not the problem, PS2 ---> X-Box is quite easy to find, the problem is the sega-saturn style controller, it's extremely rare, the cheapest one I found was an used one for $90, I actually paid $240 for mine, yes I'm crazy. The DS2 is actually much better for MK than the SS, get that one. I'm collecting pads, the FC3 Pro is the best for MK, you just have to map the buttons properly.

This is how I configure my FC3

Square: Tag
X: Grab
Triangle: FP
R1 (Face): BP
Circle: FK
R2 (Face): BK
R1 (Shoulder): Flip Stance
R2 (Shoulder): Block

I was about to say because I've had no luck finding a saturn-style controller.

Is a Sega genesis controller good? Any other sega style controller you may recommend?

Last edited:
I was about to say because I've had no luck finding a saturn-style controller.

Is a Sega genesis controller good? Any other sega style controller you may recommend?

The closest thing to a good saturn-style controller is the ACSii FT2, I nearly bought that one a while back, it looks exactly like the Street Fighter 15th anniversary controller Nuby Tech made (not MadCatz), but it has a slightly better d-pad and the start/select are in the middle instead of the top, it's also a rare controller, but it should be cheaper than the SS one

ASCii FT2

ascii_pad_ft2_snk.jpg

Nubytech

2440-115807-16jpg-468x.jpg

I'll be getting the Hori 2way Pad soon, I'll test it and post my thoughts on it.

So I got this controller today, no converter needed, it was modded to work with both PC and PS3, no input lag and it does a way better job than the saturn controller as far as MK9 is concerned, I'd definitely recommend this if you have a PS3 and is tired of playing with the DualShock 3. It's time to kick it old-school!

Snes USB.jpg

So I got this controller today, no converter needed, it was modded to work with both PC and PS3, no input lag and it does a way better job than the saturn controller as far as MK9 is concerned, I'd definitely recommend this if you have a PS3 and is tired of playing with the DualShock 3. It's time to kick it old-school!

View attachment 3939

I'm officially jealous....:hail:

View attachment 3939

Oh, oh...Oh my word.

I use use the Tournment MK9 one. Preordered it.
I take it you are speaking of the pdp fight stick? I imported the klassic one. Cannot stand it. Its like the NES disadvantage imo. Love my madcatz fight stick I got for 60 quid boxed. Still wont play MK on a stick mind. Dont know why but I cant get my head around a blocking on a fight stick for mk. Yet I can on soul calibur.

Just ordered the Hori FC3 Pro. Let's see if it will help as I'm having trouble with the D-Pad on the regular PS3 controller. Might just be me, obviously...

What are other mappings for the FC3 Pro aside from the one C-Sword posted?

Just ordered the Hori FC3 Pro. Let's see if it will help as I'm having trouble with the D-Pad on the regular PS3 controller. Might just be me, obviously...

What are other mappings for the FC3 Pro aside from the one C-Sword posted?

Don't forget to set the d-pad on loose, it plays better that way.

Don't forget to set the d-pad on loose, it plays better that way.

It's more sensitive? I'm really looking forward to this controller. What does it do exactly?

Why did you change the layout? Were you getting hung up in the R1 R2 buttons on the far right? Or was it just personal preference?

Set on loose, it's not playable on stiff and it works only okay on normal. It just seems more comfy when I map the buttons that way, I always do that when playing with 6 button controllers tho.