Official Anime Discussion

Re: What Are Some Of Your Favorite Animes!?

Never cared much for gundam, I was more of a zoids fan.

yeah I know about fillers. That's why I mentioned them as "if they must"

And I know about slow moving manga trust me lol. Some of them don't update for like 2-3 months.

I'm talking about the content in which they copy. Sometimes they go way way way out of loop to the point when discussions happen. People have to seperate manga from anime. Which you shouldn't have to do.

Animation studios and manga authors rarely work closely together. The mangaka are usually too busy with their own project to supervise the studios. The slower manga the production, the faster the animation studio will run out of source material and resort to creative liberity. The animation staff have to produce something since they are paid for their productivity. For example, key animators are paid by the cut and inbetweeners are paid by the drawing. It creates a vicious cycle where studios have to continuously produce anything, even it means they will inadvertently screw the continuity of the manga. Little changes start to add up to the point where they can't shoehorn manga continuity without creating an even bigger mess out of it.

Last edited:

Animation studios and manga authors rarely work closely together. The mangaka are usually too busy with their own project to supervise the studios. The slower manga the production, the faster the animation studio will run out of source material and resort to creative liberity. The animation staff have to produce something since they are paid for their productivity. For example, key animators are paid by the cut and inbetweeners are paid by the drawing. It creates a vicious cycle where studios have to continuously produce anything, even it means they will inadvertently screw the continuity of the manga. Little changes start to add up to the point where they can't shoehorn manga continuity without creating an even bigger mess out of it.

That's why you shouldn't "start" something if you are expected to surpass the manga.

You should animate things that are already done. Or just create an original anime.

I guess I could see the problem it lies in competition though.

Say you see good money in a Manga, you obviously want to claim it first before a competitior company does. So you would likely talk them into letting you handle it ASAP.

Hellsing and Highschool of the Dead.

I will look up Hellsing now

And my favorite HSOD characters are Shizuka, Takashi, and the chubby kid. (Can't remember his name)

Cause he reminds me of my friend.

Shizuka is a complete bimbo which I find hilarious.

And Takashi is just awesome.

I like Zebra's and Giraffes

images

images

Here you go Then Marshall.

I think it's a mental block of mine. I'm instantly turned off to giant robots like before I even start it. So I already go in with a negative attitude.

Wait a sec? Have you've seen Gurren Lagann good sir?

Wait a sec? Have you've seen Gurren Lagann good sir?

Yes I have.

I liked it Alot actually.

But what I said still stands it's a auto response my brain does when I see robots.

I know it's not a fair thing to robot anime. But I've seen far more I hate than like. It's like a 20-1 of hate to like ratio with robots.

Ok whew! Robot animes are a turn off for me too. I'll give it at least two episodes. Critical have you seen Code Geass

Bruzz, your life will be complete if you watch Gurren Lagann. Promise :)