Rain Discussion ~ All Rain Related Topics Go Here

Yeah well, it's kinda their fault for Sheeva being so hated. They didn't exactly try very hard to make her likable. It's almost as if they went in saying "We give up on Sheeva and so should the fans."

I wouldn't say that; they gave her the same sort of chance as Baraka and the others, the only thing is that she is a slow character in a game where speed is almost everything...

Yeah well, it's kinda their fault for Sheeva being so hated. They didn't exactly try very hard to make her likable. It's almost as if they went in saying "We give up on Sheeva and so should the fans."

pretty much, they made stryker more likable in mk9, but left sheeva exactly the same as mk3. And on top of that, they didnt even bother to make her that powerfull of a character.

I've never liked sheeva at all, but I still think she deserves to be in the game because she is part of the original cast. never really cared about rain either, but I can see NRS making him into a great character, wish they could have done the same to sheeva

I wouldn't say that; they gave her the same sort of chance as Baraka and the others, the only thing is that she is a slow character in a game where speed is almost everything...

Well there you go. Speed is obviously a big deal and yet they made her slow. Also, her role in the story is almost irrelevant. It's like they didn't even try to make her likable. She's kinda like the joke of the game. Which is annoying cause she has a lot of potential. I remember being scared OF her and scared to fight her back in UMK3. After that she turned into a lame-ass character. I thought for sure they'd give her a shot at redemption in this game. Meh... And if they did try to do just that, they failed.

Well there you go. Speed is obviously a big deal and yet they made her slow. Also, her role in the story is almost irrelevant. It's like they didn't even try to make her likable. She's kinda like the joke of the game. Which is annoying cause she has a lot of potential. I remember being scared OF her and scared to fight her back in UMK3. After that she turned into a lame-ass character. I thought for sure they'd give her a shot at redemption in this game. Meh... And if they did try to do just that, they failed.

i have to agree here, but i must add, they gave her a pretty good alternate.

Reading this post made me think of something frightening.

If NRS failed to remake Sheeva, who's to say they'll succeed in making the post UMK3 characters (Who are expected to make their comeback in MK10) likable.

This is very troubling indeed :(

If NRS failed to remake Sheeva, who's to say they'll succeed in making the post UMK3 characters (Who are expected to make their comeback in MK10) likable.

well it depends on which characters they have always liked, sheeva obviously they dont like, but Stryker the underdog they went and made him cool anyway cause boon has stated he likes him. I really dont know which post UMK3 they like.

i have to agree here, but i must add, they gave her a pretty good alternate.

Oh definitely. I don't have much issue with her two designs (though her vagina could be a little more covered). Her alternate is incredibly bad-ass. They just mucked up her gameplay.

Well they already did a fantastic job of Kenshi. I mean, I know he was a popular character - but I never liked him. Hated his gameplay and so on. And with the release of MK9, he's actually one of my top picks. So I still have faith in them. I think if they REALLY like a character, they'll do good by them. But if they don't, they'll pretty much try to sabotage them. The only reason Sheeva is in this game is because they wanted to add the original cast +some.

Sheeva is a terrible character, She is a toned down boss, And that's not a great addition.

I hope they make Rain quick and agile, And make his attacks elegant and coordinated.

Sheeva is a terrible character, She is a toned down boss, And that's not a great addition.

I hope they make Rain quick and agile, And make his attacks elegant and coordinated.

I hope so too. I've always seen Rain as quick and agile. I hope they don't **** it up.

His design has me a little worried, though. I mean, for the most part I like it. But the armor and baggy pants make him look bulky. I hope that doesn't mean he'll be on the slower side.

I really hope Rain is a highly offensive character that has good ground combat. He'd be an awesome tag team partner along Smoke, plus I can call my team Purple Haze.

Purple Haze, I remember that from Front Mission 3!

Also, I hate to say it, but Rain reminds me of Purple Skorpion :/

Watch when Rain is released there's going to be a shit storm of complaints.

I can see them already:

"Wow ED BOONE way to **** up everything AS USUAL1!11!111 You ****ed up Rain!!!111!"

"NRS ****s everything up, I'm quitting MK forever because Rain has no Instant Block button"

"wow this is so stupid why does rain have a dagger strapped to his lower ankle?111!!! He doesn't even have those moves"

"Rain is broken, His water moves are OP NRS needs to delete him from roster and put in Tremor instead"

"Rain is such a noob, everyone picks him now and I quit mk forever, until they make a patch for me to start winning!"

Idk, s**t like that.

Watch when Rain is released there's going to be a shit storm of complaints.

well judging by the first 2 characters and how bad the errors were, Its only natural people will complain. I'm already expecting things to go wrong so I will halt my complaints when Rain is released.

Rain trailer this weekend?

So I was just on Twitter and Noobde is on a spree. One guy said I deman Tanya as DLC and Noobde replies well I guess thats what we'll have to do then. And also he said he reviewed the trailer for Rain 3 times today so Id say soon. Oh and cant post links Im on my phone so will one of you guys throw a link or two up to konfirm Im not ********ting? Thanx guys!

Last edited:
Re: Rain trailer tomorrow?

So I was just on Twitter and Noobde is on a spree. One guy said I deman Tanya as DLC and Noobde replies well I guess thats what we'll have to do then. And also he said he reviewed the trailer for Rain 3 times today so expect it this weekend! Oh and cant post links Im on my phone so will one of you guys throw a link or two up to konfirm Im not ********ting? Thanx guys!

No he didn't he said soon,

RT @CREED_LBGC @noobde when can we expect a Rain trailer? Noobde: Considering that I reviewed one about 3 times today I'd say soon!

Knowing him, this probably means next week.