- Noob is gone and Jarek has replaced him. He is from Kano's Black Dragon Organization and he also looks alot like Kano in an eerie sort of way we are told. His Cannonball Spin is: B, F, LK and he has Raiden's hammer.
- Sonya has a new cartwheel: D, F, LK
- Reptile now has an acid spit and he thinks Shinnok's Staff
- MUCH More Fatality time, about 5 seconds more (hmmm... what can that mean?)
- Sub-Zero now has either a new sword or Scorpion's old one (not sure), but someone else got the Axe (Scorp still has his sword).
- Kai has Shinnok's Staff.
- Jarek now replaces Noob Saibot on the select screen and has two moves: a cannonball move like Kano (B,F,LK) and a telekinetic body slam (unblockable - B,D,B,HK).
- Noob still exists in the character towers.
- Reptile now has moves and Sonya now has a new cartwheel.
- Some weapons changed hands from player to player.
- Some moves aren't as cheap as before, and some were sped up.
- Select Screen icons can't be flipped anymore.
- STORYLINE: There is an intro movie with Raiden talking about Shinnok being a fallen elder god banished to the Netherealm. Somehow he found a way back and the war for the Earth Realm will be played out, but this time mortals can win.
- New victory stances for some people
- STAGE FATALITY: Player walks up to you and picks you up by side and waist and starts to spin around. The camera rotates around the players spinning once and then zooms in behind the back of the players. Camera then zooms to a view of the players and fan. The player is thrown into the fan shredding them into blood and body parts (not a lot, and actually from the player, perfect amount of parts that there should be). Then it announces who won and the players head comes flying at the screen.
- Different player colors in two player matches are now in partial effect.
- CORRECTION: A Boss character is not in the game, as reported yesterday.
|BORDER=0>Kerri Hoskins?||BORDER=0>Quan Chi on his Throne|
|BORDER=0>Raiden & Masked Ninja|
|- Quan Chi grabs his opponent's leg and begins to yank, but then places his leg against his opponent's leg for added force. He pulls until he snaps their leg off, causing them to fall to the ground. Quan then proceeds to beat his lifeless opponent with the leg in hand. Every hit spurts blood, and looks more gruesome than it sounds.|
- Reports of other fatalities have been coming in also, such as Sub-Zero's head rip and Raiden's electricity head explosion.
- Sub-Zero's head rip was described exactly the way everyone else had explained it. He walks around to the back of his opponent, starts to pull on the opponent's head, and then, on the 3rd pull, he yanks it off. The head has the spine attached, the body falls over, and a big puddle of blood surrounds the area.
- Raiden's electricity head explosion was said to have more detail to it as well. Raiden holds his hand back as he charges some electricity, unleashes it into his opponent, and then their head explodes.
- The 3 middle question marks on the character select screen are
now filled by Noob Saibot, Jax, & Johnny Cage respectively (Perhaps there will be no UKKs this time around?)
- The damage for many combos has been reduced substantially (by 50% in some cases)
- "Side-step" has been added allowing players to move in 3D ever so slightly (motion unclear and will be announced later)
- Goro's Lair has rocks scattered about and players can pick them up (like they would a weapon - D+RUN) to throw at their opponent
- Computer AI has been made more difficult
- "Danger" has been added (when you only have a sliver of life left)
- Character Bios are now in the game; we should have them all for you
as soon as we can get them
- Shinnok is now at the top of every tower (could this mean he will be the boss character?)
- Still no endings
- Match up screens for 2 player mode are in and the Kombat Kode boxes are there as well (not as many symbols this time around)
- Sub-Zero has a new staff-like weapon and supposedly when other characters use it, they can freeze their opponent.
- Apparently characters can throw their weapons at their opponents causing considerable amounts of damage if not blocked
|Liu Kang: F - F - B - LP (close)|
Scorpion: F - F - D - D - LK (close)
|- Tanya now has a Screw Kick ala Cammy in SSF2T (F, F, LK) and her Fireball (D, F, HP) can't be done in the air anymore. Her fireballs are pink now, and her ground one is done like Raiden throws his fireball.|
- Jarek has a pink fireball like Sonya (D, B, LP) and has a new breaker where he kicks your knee in sideways, really painful looking. Also he now carries a large bladed sword.
- Sub-Zero's new weapon the Ice Staff can freeze opponents with B+LP (close) for the weapon move.
- Reptile gets his Super Krawl Move (F, B, LK), it's alot like a mix of Sub's slide and Mileena's roll ball move, he quickly crawls under your feet and knock you over.
- Quan Chi now has a slide move (we think D, B, LK), not the same as Sub-Zero's slide but similiar. And has a new skimpy blade weapon.
- The Hammer and the Spiked Club have a screen smash now (F+LP, close)
- Johnny Cage (with a MK2ish like look to him with glasses on all the time) returns in the middle right ? Mark. He has his Classic Nuts Punch (BL+LP) and his Shadow Kick (B, F, LK) with a cool new look to it, and finally has his dashing uppercut, hits 3 times, B, D, B, HP. Also seems Cage likes to drink anti-freeze, he doesn't show up frozen when Sub freezes him.
- Jax returns with a MK2ish outfit but now with his MK3 Metal Arms, he is in the middle of the select screen. Jax has his ground pound (F, F, D, LK) and now creates a large ring of energy that circles the arena. He has a Dashing Punch that hits 3 times (F, D, B, LP) and his Air Backbreaker "Gotcha" move (BL in air next to opponent) Jax wants to act like a girl when he does his breaker tho, do it for a laugh.
- Noob Saibot returns from past MK4 betas with nothing changed since we last saw him.
- Kombat Kodes return via the VS Screen. We know two Codes: "Kode 1: Free Weapon" which is 111-111, it drops one weapon to the center of the arena when the fight starts, weapon is random. Also there is "Kode 2: Throwing Disabled" which is what it says, disables throws (not breakers tho)
- To throw your weapon do the weapon move with a weapon in hand.
- To pick up the rocks or heads on a stage hit D+RUN over them to instantly pick up and throw.
- To 3D Dodge hit Run two times in a row really quick. This can avoid projectiles and get to weapons easier, but is really slow.
- Fujin's spin and levitate have new effects. The spin shows a tornado around him, and the levitate shows debris floating up also.
- Some weapons work in air with HP, LP so you can jump in with weaponns to hit them with the weapons.
- New Winning poses for most people, really cool zoom effects on them now.
- More to come...
|"He picks you up and then the camera changes so you can only see the top of the opponent, then raiden charges electricity into you and blue lines start a flashing, then fire starts coming out and you explode and the view switches to overhead and then the head flies up towards the camera and then gravity takes it back down. IT IS SOOOOO DAMN GRAPHICALLY COOL!!!"|
|- Cage Uniform details: Cage wears black pants and no shirt. On his pants are a few horizontal white stipes. There is a blue belt, wristguard, and shinguards. He also sports some classic Adidas black shoes, with the white stripes.|
- Jax is almost the same as he was in MK3. He has the big boots and the dual color pants, except now it's Red and Black, not Purple like in MK3. His arms actually LOOK metallic now, not just dark grey. He also sports a mustache.
- Computer AI is much improved but was acting really weird. It seems Shinnok has Jax's sliding dash punch, and uses it a lot. And Jax does Sonya's pink fireball and his Quad Throw. We tried to find these moves with no avail.
- During the Intro Screen where you pick 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 Kombat if you wait a long time the game says "What Are You Waiting For?"
- Game Intro after the MK4 logo screen a black screen with "The Greatest Warrior" and three initials roating far away. Then the game speaks it and says "The Greatest Warrior is..." then speaks each inital letter as it rotates to full screen, "P.. R.. M"
- Tanya now has an almost complete two outfits. The 2nd player color is a pink color and on the legs has a different design than player 1's legs. Part of Player 2 is still yellow tho.
- Quan Chi's Foot Slide is F, F, LK, not D, B, LK as I thought last night.
- Shinnok and Sub-Zero each have their own color uniforms. Sub's 2nd color is a light blue and Shinnok's is a silver outfit lining.
- Raiden Fatality below confirmed, he did it 3/5 loses to him, much better odds than before. Also saw Sub-Zero's Fatality.
- New uppercuts in Combos, you can now add D+HP into combos to uppercut someone in the combo, a good example of the combo is HP, D+HP, quick 2 hits.
- Stage Fatalities DO work now, so Ed must have enabled them already.
September 29th, 1997
12:00 PM CST -
We recieved a good batch of info on the test version of MK4 v2.0 from kn0wledge. He reminds us about a few new things as well as some stuff we forgot to mention:
September 30th, 1997
12:00 PM CST -
Midway Home Entertainment gears up for the BIG release of the highly anticipated Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero. This totally new adventure title pits Sub-Zero against the mighty forces of Shinnok. During the course of the game parts of Sub-Zero's past are revealed which explains many of the rivalries between his opponents. Stores should have it on the shelves by October 2nd. To learn more about MKM:S-Z visit our Preview of MKM:S-Z and the Picture Gallery
Hot Forum Topics
Tweets by TRMK
Link to TRMK