|Mortal Kombat Trilogy is a straight port from the Playstation version. The|
Classic Characters from MK1 and MK2 are in there. All of the graphical and sound bugs have been eliminated and the loading time is GONE! The game runs on both DOS and Win95. The base system for Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the PC is a Pentium 100 with 8 megs of ram with 30 megs of hard drive space. The game will run on slower machines, but the p100 will give you the best effect. The sound effects are clean and crisp with no compression and the music is in Redbook format, which means you can play it in your car. (if you're really a MK phreak :) MKT can only be played on a IPX based network, which was the case with MK3 PC. However, in MKT you can play a network game in any of the game's modes including 2 on 2 Kombat. There are no plans for modem-to-modem or TCP/IP (internet) support to be
"Going to be a storyline relation between MK4 and MK Mythologies,
even though MK Mythologies takes place before MK1 and MK4 of course
takes place after MK3."
"They are aiming for 12 to 15 characters in MK4. Scorpion, Rayden, Sonya, Sub-Zero, and Liu Kang are returning in addition to some other favorites, and some guys from Mythologies."
"No plans for any hidden characters have been made yet, but he said
'you could pretty much assume that MK 4 will also have hidden characters'"
"The MK 4 hardware system Zeus was designed by Midway's Mark Loffredo.
He has basically designed every Midway games' hardware since NARC."
"MK4 backgrounds will be interactive to a point; they don't want it
to interfere with the fighting. But they will make objects as real as possible."
"The comical aspects (Babalities and Friendships) of MKII and MK3
will be gone and in it's place a more dark and evil game. Fatalities will be back, but not a set number per character, but a varying amount depending on character."
"Characters are composed of over 3000 polygons each, so you can't see a single polygon, this gives MK4 a more realistic look than other polygon based games. As Ed says: 'Imagine a digitize look but in 3D
if that's any way to describe it. Then you'll get an idea of what MK4 looks like.'"
"Ed says they are aiming for a September nationwide release."
| - Reptile and Kitana are in, Mileena is NOT|
- The boss is Kai, a fast and agile African American character (sarcasm?)
- The final version will feature 3D movement
- "Most likely not Cage" he said, then pointed out that there will be a cast of 30 characters, but later corrected himself by saying it's only 15
- Will be packed with hidden features as always
- Influenced by Japanese Mythology (Fujin is the god of wind)
- More combination moves and "made up sequences" this time around
- The weapons the characters were assigned in the tour version seen so far aren't the final ones assigned
- There will be at least 2 fatalities per character
- "electricity will flow for Raiden."
- MK4 will feature all previous features plus weapons and 3D movement
character balance, thanks to the fact that there are more than 1
programmer this time around
- Fatalities are the only finishers, no others.