Your wishlist for MK10

Immortal Reaver

I want more room for creativity in combos and overall play style. I feel like I'm fighting the same person over and over all of the time because they always have the same basic BnB. There is room for creativity in MK9, but I feel like there should be a lot more. but then again, most of the problem is people, not the game itself.

I've been playing a lot of Reptile lately. People always expect the 32 into Acid Hand or Slide for a simple 50/50. so I switch my strings up and also do a lot of D4 into things or even just a standing 4 because they don't visually remember people doing that. People are so confused by it because they are always used to one basic playstyle.

BBBLP

Robot Rock
It's called a BnB for a reason.
Of course I could change up my combo and end it with a d1 or be fancy and end with a f2, b1. But why should I when I can end it with b2xxflamethrower for better positioning and damage?

Immortal Reaver

Of course. There are always BnBs in fighting games. but there should be a lot more variety in a fighter's move set. There are a lot of normal strings in MK9 that aren't even used because they are just so bad. I don't know why they even made some of them so horrible to use.

Tarkatan Trash

Of course. There are always BnBs in fighting games. but there should be a lot more variety in a fighter's move set. There are a lot of normal strings in MK9 that aren't even used because they are just so bad. I don't know why they even made some of them so horrible to use.

How about 3 fatalities per character instead?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Critical-Limit

That's why smash bros melee is godlike. No combo is ever the same, because of DI, and tech chasing. Why people play the game 12 years later and show up in droves.

Tarkatan Trash

Sorry. You don't get to decide that. MK is with sexuality already and because many people love it, it'll stay that way or even more than that. If you don't like it, don't buy it than dude.

Fine! Bring disrepute to MK all you want, but here are some conditions I want; Kitana and Sindel SHALL be dressed like Princess Zelda, just like reputable Princesses and Queens should be dressed, and Sonya SHALL be dressed like a reputable American soldier.

Mzuark

I wonder how many people would declare that NeatherRealm's abandoned the fans if they suddenly dropped a lot of the constant fanservice and gave the female characters respectable clothing.

Taj Gill

I think this debate has gone on far longer than needed to be.

As far as I'm concerned, in a fighting video game, the outfits should be realistic enough to show that a person can actually fight in them. A chick wearing high heels fighting is completely stupid. Also, there's a degree in which outfits can look sexy, rather than trashy. With the exception of Mileena, I believe no female fighter should look like a slut. A glaring example is Sonya's outfit, way too much cleavage shown than necessary, and it doesn't even look like she's wearing a bra underneath her vest thing that only covers her breasts. Seriously? A female martial artist would wear a bulky vest that only covers her boobs to a fight? Let alone wear that in public even?

I agree with Tarkatan Trash's notion that MK is not a strip club, and the sexuality is overdone, but I also do agree with Nasty Freak that there should be a degree of sexiness to the female characters. After all, usually this game is catered to testosterone driven, action seeking males. I respectfully have to disagree with Tarkatan Trash's over the top "MK Purist" notion, and I also have to disagree with Nasty Freak's "if I could have my way, the females' boobs and vaginas should be barely covered" ideas, among other over the top ideas that are just not MK oriented.

Bottom line, there should be a nostalgic, non-slutty, yet sexy feel to the characters. With the exception of Mileena of course.

Nasty_Freak

Fine! Bring disrepute to MK all you want, but here are some conditions I want; Kitana and Sindel SHALL be dressed like Princess Zelda, just like reputable Princesses and Queens should be dressed, and Sonya SHALL be dressed like a reputable American soldier.

You know, I've been wanting Kitana and Sindel to wear dresses instead of the swim suits for a long time. Kitana and Sindel should have these long dresses similar to the women like Diao Chan and Zhen Ji in the Dynasty Warriors series. But I'd also want Kitana to have that dress be similar to a kimono too.

For Sonya, it would've been perfect if she wore real military boots instead of high heeled boots and if she had some kind of fashion bra in her vest. The leather pants and vest can stay on.

natedoggcata

You know, I've been wanting Kitana and Sindel to wear dresses instead of the swim suits for a long time. Kitana and Sindel should have these long dresses similar to the women like Diao Chan and Zhen Ji in the Dynasty Warriors series. But I'd also want Kitana to have that dress be similar to a kimono too.

For Sonya, it would've been perfect if she wore real military boots instead of high heeled boots and if she had some kind of fashion bra in her vest. The leather pants and vest can stay on.

I always assumed the swimsuits / leotards that started in MK2 was a direct response to this lol
DHpsgUs.jpg

BBBLP

Robot Rock
It's hard to say what Kitana and Sindel should wear. Edenia is all about beauty, so maybe it's customary for royalty to flaunt their looks?

Commander

Agreed, Taj.

I don't mind sexy, as long as it's not over-the-top whore-ish (Mileena being the exception, since she's trying to defame Princess Kitana).
Also, fighting in high heels is extremely unrealistic.
I preferred their MKII boots (for Kitana Mileena and Jade)

Critical-Limit

They look like bad ass ninjas in their default costumes as well IMO >.>

I'm staying out of the conversation because cleavage and ass cracks showing doesn't bother me, as long as it isn't like shoved in my face obnoxiously. Bayonetta gets a pass cuz she's suppose to be raunchy as fuah.

I've never once though "ohhhh mama" when I saw cleavage. It's only sexualized because men sexualize it. Men walk around topless, girls aren't allowed only simply because MEN sexualize boobs.

the only thing that really bothers me is when the females look like Michael Jackson. I'm not asking for them to look like super models... just not.... always man face.

Tarkatan Trash

If we're making the females look like Jenna Jameson, then why don't we give the male characters that Hulk Hogan/Arnold Schwartznegger type steroid bodies?

Immortal Reaver

It's hard to say what Kitana and Sindel should wear. Edenia is all about beauty, so maybe it's customary for royalty to flaunt their looks?

You don't need to show T&A to be sexy and beautiful.

If we're making the females look like Jenna Jameson, then why don't we give the male characters that Hulk Hogan/Arnold Schwartznegger type steroid bodies?

They already did roid up the guys.

515618-liu___lao_vs.jpg

Kung_Lao_congratulates_Liu_Kang.JPG