Your favorite enhanced specials

RiverHB

I am curious as to which enhanced specials do you guys find the most useful? Which ones are useless and should never be considered to use up your precious meter?

I for one think Cyrax's sticky bombs are great because they lead to so much extra damage in combos. 50+% with only one bar is easy.

Raiden's Enhanced Superman and Kabal's Dash seem very useful with the armor they receive.
Raiden can get himself out of a corner easily with his and Kabal can bait a projectile and go through it to set up a combo.

As far as useless, there are a few that come to mind such as Scorpion's enhanced leg takedown.

i love subs Enhanced slide for knocking people back into ice clones.
and yeh scorps ex leg takedown is pretty useless..

Cyrax: Definitely that tooth bomb. Probably the best enhanced move in the game. No bias there, even though I main him. It's so punishing in tandem with net and bombs.

Sub Zero: Ice beam. Comes out faster than the ice ball and the opponent can't jump over it- formula for a great punisher. It's also vital for stringing many of his combos together.

And no one seems to mention:

Quan Chi: EX Trance. Not only is it like the regular trance- a sub zero freeze where the opponent comes to you- but it also takes away a bar of meter from your opponent. You lose no advantage meter wise by using it.

It stuns. It is wicked fast. It has long range. It can hit in the air. It continues working even if you traded projectiles with an opponent. Since the opponent comes to you, you have time to use Quan Chi's damage boost before you unload your combo. And on top of all that, your opponent can't even use a combo breaker on the combo you're about to unload. What more can you ask for?

Last edited:
In terms of concept, I really like Noob's enhanced disable.

In terms of usefulness, any move that gets armor is great. Sub's Ice Beam is pretty great too, like kaballer said. I wasn't aware that Quan Chi's enhanced trance takes away meter, that's pretty awesome.

cyrax's sticky bombs are pretty helpful...i like csz's enhanced slide...mostr ex moves are pretty kool looking even if they arnt helpful. like scorpion's ex spear

In terms of usefulness, Sektor's EX Teleport punch, it opens up a whole new world of hurt by by almost doubling my original combos.
And Sektor's EX up missile.

In terms of looks,

Ermac's Force Lift and Push

Scorpion's Spear

Smoke's Teleport

Kitana's fan throw, definitely. You can hold 1 to control when she the throws the second fan, or more importantly, you can cancel out of it with a dash and follow up with your combo of choice.

In terms of usefulness, Sektor's EX Teleport punch, it opens up a whole new world of hurt by by almost doubling my original combos.

t

Yes, Sektor's EX teleport punch is not unlike Cyrax's EX bomb in that it extends the combo damage exponentially. It's these types of enhanced specials that truly take advantage of meter. Kitana's EX fan is in that category, too.

And Nightwolf's thunderstorm seems really useful, too. Obviously with the PSN down I've been unable to test this against real competition, but I see this one as really good, too.

BTW, I'm new to this site as this is my first thread, so thanks to everyone that responded.

Cyrax's bombs aren't sticky, they have blades on them. But I would say that they are the best EX special in the game. I set up many combos with them. I haven't found a good use for his EX teleport though, it seems kind of useless if you ask me. Sub-Zero and Cyber-Zero's EX slides are a great and really flashy way to end a combo.

Sub: Enhanced ice slide
Kitana: Enhanced EVERYTHING
Kabal: Double Ground Saw
Johnny: Double Force Ball

Me personally? I love Scorpion's enhanced spear. The fact that it has super armor is AMAZING! and it looks wicked as hell. haha