Xbox 360/PS3 versions of MKX cancelled

I'm defending these people on my own accord, and I'm not doing it to kiss anyone's ass, or receive the same thing in return, and frankly, I don't give a shit about being a role model of any kind. We have people on this site who were LUCKY to have upgraded prior to release. If they hadn't ended up with that extra $400 however it is they obtained it, they'd be in the same boat as those who had a port advertised to them and denied. Those people are therefore lucky to have even played MKX in the first place.

And this shit with insulting previous gen gamers who can't afford to upgrade hasn't just been going on since the initial delay. It's been going on since the damn game was revealed in the first place (see [MENTION=18222]ellechbura[/MENTION]).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Thanks for proving my point

I enjoy reading the stupidity that comes from him.

The fact that you think majority of the PS4/Xbone users got "lucky" that they have this console is hysterical.

I honestly cannot continue reading more of this because I feel that my insides are about to burst.

This thread is a great reflection of what the forums have become..

4dcd98a0-c5a5-0132-4595-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Ha, I knew it this would be cancelled. Now you last Gen owners can finally go get a PS4 or an Xbox One.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

This thread is a great reflection of what the forums have become..

Then contribute something that's worth reading once and a while. No offense, but the last few posts I've seen you make are always about how crappy this site has become and it's becoming kind of annoying.

I don't know what's wrong with this site, but it appears that you know what's wrong.

I've been enjoying having conversations with people from all over the world. If that's not something to enjoy, then I guess maybe leaving is the better option if you're that unhappy?

Ha, I knew it this would be cancelled. Now you last Gen owners can finally go get a PS4 or an Xbox One.

You still haven't haven't delivered the apology you still owe to those same people you insulted in the other thread about the last generation ports.

That doesn't give you any license to act like a total jerk to those who had been relying on the previous generation ports because they can't afford to upgrade, as we have been over before.

I understand that you like to blur the line between devil's advocate and Skip Bayless-esque obnoxiousness, but there's no "acting like a jerk" from the devs. I guarantee you many, if not all, who worked on an unshippable title, are heading home with their heads down in shame. There's nothing, and I mean nothing, in this industry more deflating than busting your ass on a project and have it turn out poorly. I couldn't imagine working on a title that gets canceled, and unfortunately many of my friends have had to experience that feeling.

Nevermind the fact that depending on how the company works, this could mean loss of jobs (all the TFTs hired) if there is no project to move people to.

Just a crappy situation.

What is that proving?

That you admitted to everything I accused you of and that you indeed owe certain people an apology.
I understand that you like to blur the line between devil's advocate and Skip Bayless-esque obnoxiousness, but there's no "acting like a jerk" from the devs. I guarantee you many, if not all, who worked on an unshippable title, are heading home with their heads down in shame. There's nothing, and I mean nothing, in this industry more deflating than busting your ass on a project and have it turn out poorly. I couldn't imagine working on a title that gets canceled, and unfortunately many of my friends have had to experience that feeling.

Nevermind the fact that depending on how the company works, this could mean loss of jobs (all the TFTs hired) if there is no project to move people to.

Just a crappy situation.
I was directing my comments to people who show even the slightest hint of an "upgrade now" attitude, not the devs themselves who actually worked on it.

Even if someone did say, "You should upgrade" or hinted, so what? People have their reasons to upgrade and people have their reasons on why they haven't. I haven't seen people get that bothered by someone telling them to get an upgrade.

Seriously, who the fvck cares what system they have. If people are that bothered by someone who's telling them they should get the next consoles, then that's their problem. They can handle that person however they please.

I'm sure we all have our "grown-up" pants.

Then contribute something that's worth reading once and a while. No offense, but the last few posts I've seen you make are always about how crappy this site has become and it's becoming kind of annoying.

I don't know what's wrong with this site, but it appears that you know what's wrong.

I've been enjoying having conversations with people from all over the world. If that's not something to enjoy, then I guess maybe leaving is the better option if you're that unhappy?

With an average of one post a day, I don't know if you have the authority to make assumptions on the whole of us compared to one specific troll.

She's talking about you jobbers arguing about the same stupid shit on a daily basis.
"LAST GEN!"
"GUEST CHARACTERS!"
"DLC!"

Her problem is with how hostile and inane this place has become. Everybody has conflicting opinions, but nobody actually listens to the other party. Vicious cycle you guys perpetuate because of how "hilarious" Trash is.

Even if someone did say, "You should upgrade" or hinted, so what? People have their reasons to upgrade and people have their reasons on why they haven't. I haven't seen people get that bothered by someone telling them to get an upgrade.

Seriously, who the fvck cares what system they have. If people are that bothered by someone who's telling them they should get the next consoles, then that's their problem. They can handle that person however they please.

I'm sure we all have our "grown-up" pants.
The manner in which certain people (including SecondCitySaint) told people to "upgrade now" in the previous thread about the last generation ports within the last couple of weeks has reduced my tolerance for that mindset even further than it was before. I ranted these same sentiments in the previous thread as well, and what I'd like to know is, if you have a problem with my sentiments, why didn't you address this then and wait until now?

Last edited:
If they hadn't ended up with that extra $400 however it is they obtained it, they'd be in the same boat as those who had a port advertised to them and denied. Those people are therefore lucky to have even played MKX in the first place.

Well the PS4 and XO are cheaper when the 360 and PS3 first came out though. If you are going to be a console gamer then you have to move on to next gen systems. They can't support the same console forever. If MKX was on the PS3 and 360, it would have run and looked terrible on those systems. MKX is a next gen game made with those hardware consoles in mind. It would be like trying to port MKDA on the PS1 and N64 for the owners that didn't had the money for a PS2/Xbox/Gamecube at the time. It's not like consoles where not pricey back then too since I do remember my parents told me that they might not give me a Gamecube at the time back in 2001 because of the early 2000s recession going at the time.

I rather have no MKX on the PS3 and 360 then a version that is broken as hell.

Well the PS4 and XO are cheaper when the 360 and PS3 first came out though. If you are going to be a console gamer then you have to move on to next gen systems. They can't support the same console forever. If MKX was on the PS3 and 360, it would have run and looked terrible on those systems. MKX is a next gen game made with those hardware consoles in mind. It would be like trying to port MKDA on the PS1 and N64 for the owners that didn't had the money for a PS2/Xbox/Gamecube at the time. It's not like consoles where not pricey back then too since I do remember my parents told me that they might not give me a Gamecube at the time back in 2001 because of the early 2000s recession going at the time.

I rather have no MKX on the PS3 and 360 then a version that is broken as hell.
I had family members pitch in to get me a PS2 for my birthday in 2001, (I think the launch price was $300, and I don't even remember when the PS2's first price drop was), so I understand the situation with previous generation owners being hesitant to upgrade for whatever reason. I almost swore to upgrade to the Wii U over potential DRM issues that turned out to be unfounded on PS4 and ultimately retracted on XBone.

She's talking about you jobbers arguing about the same stupid shit on a daily basis.
"LAST GEN!"
"GUEST CHARACTERS!"
"DLC!"

There's literally nothing to talk about anymore. I've been on these kinds of forums for eleven years now. Usually when a game has met it's end of excitement, there's really nothing else to discuss until there's news coming.

And since they have just announced this cancelation with last-gen AND a stream coming up, now there's stuff to talk about.

If these conversations are that repetitive, then don't partake in them. It's really that simple, even the simple minded could do it. And to be honest, I haven't really took into a conversation this deeply for a bit since there's been nothing to talk about.

Her problem is with how hostile and inane this place has become. Everybody has conflicting opinions, but nobody actually listens to the other party. Vicious cycle you guys perpetuate because of how "hilarious" Trash is.

Her problem could easily be solved by doing something about it rather than pouting. Constantly writing one post per day about how downhill this site is going doesn't help the situation, it more so says, "I'm trying to make a point to people who clearly don't care." That's all she's doing. And quite frankly, it's annoying.

If you want to make a difference, then do something about it. But I really don't see the problem she's seeing, and it looks like a bunch of people don't either.

And this site is hostile? Where oh where is it hostile? If you want a hostile site, I recommend you switching over to MKO. That site is filled with a bunch of people who literally act as if you shot their dog because you happened to disagree with their "right/factual" opinion. I don't see any hostility. Unless you think me calling Trash a "dumbbell" counts. Oh gee, he sure took that so personally -_-

And before you respond, please do note that I've seen you attack a few users in the "Just talk thread" so keep that in mind before you respond in defense. Kay? Thanks!

The manner in which certain people (including SecondCitySaint) told people to "upgrade now" in the previous thread about the last generation ports within the last couple of weeks has reduced my tolerance for that mindset even further than it was before. I ranted these same sentiments in the previous thread as well, and what I'd like to know is, if you have a problem with me doing this, why didn't you address this then and wait until now?

Because this recently became a hot topic and your posts are absolutely asinine to a point where I cannot take any ounce of you trying to be serious... seriously. I'm going to talk to you as a civil user rather than a troll for a moment. I know I'm taking a risk here, but I don't really care at this moment.

You said we're "lucky" to own these systems. Luck has nothing to do with me owning my PS4. My boyfriend had $400, saw that I was really interested in a PS4, surprised me one day by driving me to a Gamestop to purchase a PS4. That was no fvcking luck, I can assure you. That's a boyfriend who loves his girlfriend so much. I'm sure other people have their own stories on how they managed to obtained their system. Luck has nothing to do with anything with saving money. People save money, how they choose to spend it is on them.

Suing a game company over this is ludicrous because you're basically telling people to waste their money. Lawsuits costs money dude. Lawyering up and stuff, it costs. Not to mention, no one has a case. There's nothing to build a case up against Netherrealm Studios. Oh, they "lied"? I don't remember the specifics, but some game company was getting sued on how they "lied" that the graphics were not as clear as they claimed it... I read up on my Flipboard a lot and there was nothing that stated that the company lost money.

In the end, you're basically telling people to be stupid for a bit just to get what they want. Which, I cannot stop laughing at and if a certain user is still going to be bothered that I'm talking to you, well then I say "good, hope you're so bothered you piss off then."

Last edited:
This is where NRS has to take a huge L.
They promised a last-gen port since the announcement of the game. If they knew it wasn't gonna be possible, they should've either worked on it themselves or they should've never promised a last-gen port. I know that their are a large portion of players who waited for the last-gen port and are furious about this. If the Last of Us wasn't remastered for the PS4, I would've never bought it. I also quit my job a full year before MKX was released. If you can see where I'm going with this finance wise, you'd see why I would be pissed if I never bought my PS4.

One thing people keep forgeting is that people will still feel that if they can get the same game with non-gameplay changing low-grade graphics then they don't need to switch over to the Next-gen consoles. If these last-gen people didn't exist, games like CoD would be nowhere near a last-gen console after Ghost.

I know that we're all fans of Mortal Kombat, but anyone defending this decision or going against what Trash is saying is Damage controlling and fan-boying/girling really hard. Y'all know that if any other company did something like this, y'all would be pissed. You can't give Netherealm a pass just because you like their company and franchise. A lie is a lie, and y'all have been defending a lot of the lies that have occurred throughout the entire development cycle of Mortal Kombat X and that is completely hypocritical and disingenuous. If any Mortal Kombat fan was as big of a fan as the Mass Effect fans, I promise you that NRS would be getting Law suit papers by now. I love MK to death, but I don't defend people who aren't honest about their product.