Will the cheesy, cheating, troll "A.I." make a return?

DeBane

This is kind of a veiled criticism. But not really, as I don't mind the game's "A.I." patterns, largely because I don't actually play against it myself; rather, letting my hapless co-players beat the story mode for me as sit back and I watch, in utter hysterics! But, will the game's / NR's now trademark, insulting, cheating, trolling CPU patterns be back for MKX?

NB:
If you're unsure of what I'm referring to (which would mean you've likely never seen an NR game played versus its "A.I."), I'm referring to that predictable pattern where playing against the CPU opponents in story mode (arcade too, probably) increase in difficulty gradually over about 3~4 matches and then suddenly hit the "win button" and avail 'god mode', proceeding to wipe the floor with the player. This is then followed by letting the player win the subsequent bout, as if it were trolling them (literally: the CPU opponent has even been known to just stand there, like a training mode dummy, after pulverising the player, 'Flawlessly', only one match prior!). This happens without fail and irrespective of opponent being fought. The formula does vary, however -- sometimes it takes half-a-dozen bouts to get the broken opponent to activate or sometimes the CPU will remain unbeatable for more than a single match thereafter. But it's always there and I doubt anyone's ever beaten an NR game's story mode without continuing or availing some kind of cheat or exploit.

But it's always there and I doubt anyone's ever beaten an NR game's story mode without continuing or availing some kind of cheat or exploit.

Are you talking about MK here? A.I is damn as hell. It ain't hard after you beat it also there are people who actually beat story mode on expert without continue. No need for exploit or cheating. Just learn all the character swhich you use in story mode and that's it. A.I is so cheap that it is actually to beat as it likes to repeat it's pattern a lot.
Hell a lot of people were b%tching about Shao Kahn in MK9, but after some time, he actually becomes the easiest boss in the game as he repeats his moves EVERY SINGLE TIME. Not to mention with those taunts he is giving free hits like diabetus santa gives out candies.

So if they will bring back same A.I... oh well. a month or so of practice and no problem.

Expert mode on MK9 was easy, IMO. Shao Kahn and the sub-bosses all can be defeated easily by using one tactic: whiff punishing.

Now, Injustice on Very Hard is super cheap. The A.I literally reads your attack inputs and calculates what's the best possible punish for it. Whatever you do, the CPU does the counter for that move at the exact same time.

This is pretty much the standard for all fighting game. The CPU just reads your inputs and reacts to them faster than the speed of light. The only way to beat them really is to look for exploits and punish them for it.

Expert mode on MK9 was easy, IMO. Shao Kahn and the sub-bosses all can be defeated easily by using one tactic: whiff punishing.
Of course. As I alluded to, the "A.I." is cheaty but also easily exploitable through certain facile tactics - e.g., back away from Kahn and wait for hammer > duck > projectile > rinse-repeat > 100,000,000 brain cells expended - which in fact adds to the inane and wholly unsatisfying nature of player versus CPU aspect of these games.

My point is, when the CPU wants to win, it just wins, in NR fighting games; because the script pattern/s these guys employ are such that bot opponents go from gradually becoming more difficult to being near impossible to beat then to literally just standing still. Anyone who's played or has seen the story modes played in these games could not remain oblivious to the CPU retardations (with NR Studios shill goggles removed).

Now, I appreciate cheesy "A.I." has always been present in fighters, going back to the 90s. But the bot script in NR games really feels like its copy-pasted from one title to the next (I'd actually wager this is fact) and isn't character specific. Striker can be as broken as Kahn if the sequence for difficulty increase is satisfied -- winning a handful of bouts in a row.

Further, even though fighting against CPU opponents is pretty much the last thing people want to be doing in fighting games (hence my conscription of others to undertake this task for me), one of MK's biggest selling points is its story mode. As such, one would think that the entrained "A.I." should at least feel diverse and character specific. Not to mention, not all but 'switch off' after a couple win in order to cosset the player through said game mode/s.

Why not try to employ a "learning A.I." like they're touting for Killer Instinct, where the game memorises top players' play styles for specific characters and then employs them for its CPU script? Even if the system weren't perfect, at least it would be more diverse than the rote pattern bots we get now...