Will DLC Characters appear in the Nekropolis???

i hope they make an update for this. why should the mk characters not get a spot in the necropolis when kratos does? then they can add a trophy/achievement called "my kung fu is strongest".

i doubt it , they have bigger things to worry about like patches, tag-team is broken they need to fix that first

And how would that look? Imagine someone got Kenshi and not Skarlet. What happens with that spot? That's why it wouldn't really work with DLC characters. As long as they patch the game so the Nekropolis character screen Triangle button is assigned to show the ending, everyone's happy.

FYI You can still see the bios of DLC characters in the nekropolis.

Simply view another character's bio, hit start, go to player select and then choose one of the DLC characters.

But yeah it would be cool if we could see our stats with them.

I'd be down with a goty edition if it added a TON of new singleplayer kontent (like new story, challenge tower, levels, characters). I think it's too soon to be considering it though. We still have more dlc characters coming and i need a lot more time to get the mastery trophy with all the characters.

Last edited:
Of course, and also appears in roster selection screen inmediatly, not enter to sub-selection screen.

I am sure when they release a Ultimate Mortal Kombat - like Super Street Fighter - those new characters will have a spot in Nekropolis. To me, the changes made in terms of pacthes for balancing issues, 4 DLC characters and 10 classic skins are already worth a UMK, however, we need more IMO more challenges, more arenas (The Temple for God's sake!) and more characters and, why not, Motaro as a sub-boss...

I am sure when they release a Ultimate Mortal Kombat - like Super Street Fighter - those new characters will have a spot in Nekropolis. To me, the changes made in terms of pacthes for balancing issues, 4 DLC characters and 10 classic skins are already worth a UMK, however, we need more IMO more challenges, more arenas (The Temple for God's sake!) and more characters and, why not, Motaro as a sub-boss...

Umm the MK3 temple is in this game already...if thats the arena you ment.

I hope so. I would also like to see an alt. costume, view able ending, and they should also release DLC character render pictures that you could see in the gallery.

As for now NRS isn't sure how many characters they are going to release until MK10. The following part is just an reasonable and possible scenario:

NRS wil probably release more than the four but until then they won't add additional pedestals, because this would definitely sign, that no more characters are going to come. After the release of the final character be it the fourth, eight or twelfth. They can making the adjustments, which aren't elaborate. And they will adjust it. Just give them one year.

Last edited:
As for now NRS isn't sure how many characters they are going to release until MK10, they will release more than the four but until then they won't add additional pedestals, because this would definitely sign, that no more characters are going to come. After the release of the final character be it the fourth, eight or twelfth. They can making the adjustments, which aren't elaborate. And they will adjust it. Just give them one year.

You sound very confident about this. Is there a link to any official answers to our question? Or are you just speculating and making it sound like fact?

Hope they do.They deserve to be there with the others.Until then more alternate costumes,maybe some more stages(pit 3,mk2 portal stage),and some new characters.A GOTY edition in lower price would be welcomed from a lot of players

You sound very confident about this. Is there a link to any official answers to our question? Or are you just speculating and making it sound like fact?
yeh i would like to see that link too

I am very sorry if it might sound to overconfident. The part that NRS doesn't know if and when they are going to release more characters is a fact. A twitter message said that for now four DLC characters were planned. I am sorry I can't give you the link because I didn't saved it (notice to me: save twitter links due to the goddamn search function)

As for the rest. This was just a speculation, although it was reasonable it's still a speculation and I've should marked it as such. I am very sorry for this. Won't happen again.

I am very sorry if it might sound to overconfident. The part that NRS doesn't know if and when they are going to release more characters is a fact. A twitter message said that for now four DLC characters were planned. I am sorry I can't give you the link because I didn't saved it (notice to me: save twitter links due to the goddamn search function)

As for the rest. This was just a speculation, although it was reasonable it's still a speculation and I've should marked it as such. I am very sorry for this. Won't happen again.

Boon said the "original plan" was 4 DLC... July 17th on his twitter. I'm Twitter-Illiterate, so don't know how to post a link, but this is the tweet:

RT @Shanesito @noobde After the ?? is release with his alt kostumes, is MK9 death? Noobde: Our original plan was for 4. But who knows?

-Bill