Why Cyrax and Sektor have organs and bones

I hope that they replace their vital organs with robotic parts. Their hearts could be small engines and their livers could be gas tanks or something. Just a thought ;)

Yeah, I've also seen some cybernetic parts inside their bodies. I think there are cables instead of veins. And some other stuff.

I think we can accept the fact we truly don't know what their insides will look like until the final build of the game is released into our hands.

From the new IGN X-Ray video Cyrax gets damaged from Cage's X-Ray and you can clearly see wire-like objects running through his torso along with the black/blue muscle tone that matches the cyborgs blood color.

In the same video at the very end when Sektor gets hit with Ermac's X-Ray, he has 100% human insides with no wires nor the black/blue muscle tone that he most definitely had at E3.

To me this means we can't really even accurately discuss the cyber-ninjas internal details correctly because in the same video they appear with different internal structures, so it's impossible to know how often and to what degree NetherRealm is changing and modifying the internals of every character.

I for one hope they both end up with cybernetic insides with a hint of human internal organs. I like them retaining organs because they are still somewhat organic but I really hope they have at least a little evidence during an X-Ray of where devices like Cyrax's bombs and Sektors missiles are situated within their chests/body.

it has nothing to do with the team's "laziness." I wish fans would stop mindlessly insulting NRS. Its not like the team believes Ketchup/Mustard should internally consist of circuitry - but they are so lazy that they just resort to the human skeleton instead of investing time/effort in developing an entirely new electrical skeleton...

Cyrax and Sektor are THEIR creations. That means how ever they create them is what they believe them to be.

The two condiments have human skeletons. This means that they are beings that consist of a human skeleton (with a few robotic arteries and veins) and robotic "flesh". This is what NRS believes them to be - so this is what they are.

Last edited:
^ This.

Plus anyways, it would actually be much easier to make the insides of them be all robotic. With human insides, you have to pay attention to real-life detail. With robotics, the designer could make it look however they wanted to so it would be much faster to create.

Here's a thought. Aesthetically, what is better: hardware breaking, or bones breaking? I don't think that a creative design of robotic insides would have much impact in an X-Ray. I'm fine with them keeping the majority of the insides organic, I think it serves its only function (to be broken) much better that way. Because we can relate to it. I don't think I would cringe at some machinery being smashed, like I do when I see it done to a human skeleton. If I were a robot, on the other hand...

Since when did they not have bones and organs anyway? You could do the skeleton pull and the skin tear on them in MK3. I always looked at them like the Evas on Evangelion. I know that's a weird reference to make on a Mortal Kombat board, but in that, when the robots are broken apart it exposes flesh, bone, organs, all that stuff. Not a lot of other shows or games where you get to see a robot get disemboweled.

so, sektor and cyrax are humans in cybernetic bodies ?!.

like in MK Gold cyrax removes his face in his ending.

Since when did they not have bones and organs anyway? You could do the skeleton pull and the skin tear on them in MK3. I always looked at them like the Evas on Evangelion. I know that's a weird reference to make on a Mortal Kombat board, but in that, when the robots are broken apart it exposes flesh, bone, organs, all that stuff. Not a lot of other shows or games where you get to see a robot get disemboweled.

Even back then they had cybernetic insides along with a human ribcage.

Last edited:
Even back then they had cybernetic insides along with a human ribcage.

Ah nice! They still have bones and organs though. We can only see stuff that's either mechanical or skeletal, and it still looks to me like the mechanical bits are more on the outside than the skeletal. For example, the bands around the arm bits and the casing around the groin. Hopefully in the final build we'll also get to see those little pistons in the abdomen there. I also dig how you can see a bomb loaded up just under the ribcage. Cool stuff.