who have become your 5 favorite new fighters in the series/excluding sub n scorp?

AriesSiren

i really like playing the odd choice of fighters, after fighting sub n scorp SOOO many times(boring) its refreshing to fight that person who uses the obscure fighter no one else uses.

Rain
Sareena
Tanya
Hotaru
Frost

For MK 2011 i know first day im going to be using Sindel religiously:hail:

Well, my favorites have always been Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Sonya, and Sindel.

My favorite characters from post MK3- MKD are:
1) Tanya
2) Li Mei
3) Nitara
4) Sareena
5) Kira (only in MKU)

My favorite characters I started liking to play as:
1) Kung Lao (MKSM)
2) Johnny Cage
3) Baraka
4) Kano
5) Sheeva

My favorite characters from various MK games that I made as Kreated Kharacters in MKA:
1) Khameleon
2) Skarlett
3) Kia
4) Jataaka
5) Hornbuckle

Baraka
Smoke
Noob
Havik
Cyrax
Sektor

We can pretend that I've got big problems with math ;}
But really.... I would also like to put Quan Chi on the list. maybe even between cyrax and sektor or havik or cyrax... It's just that I love my old school fighters the most. (I know Havik doesn't count in but he's full of promise. They could make him really awesome if they just tried.)

My 2nd go-to character in UMK 3 was always either Kabal or Noob Saibot.
Aside from those, I would say that I really enjoyed using Reptile, Ermac and Baraka (2nd MK II go-to guy).

nightwolf, dairou, kung lao, ashrah, ermac.

before that I only liked raiden subzero and scorpion(mk1)

Raiden
Tanya
Kabal
Nitara
Quan Chi
Hsu Hao
---------------------

I like eveyone except Scorpion/Sub-Zero, but Shujinko and Jarek, I could give or take

From the 2d games the characters I like besides those two are: Noob Saibot, Mileena, Ermac, Jade, Raiden

From the 3d games: Quan Chi, Ashrah, Havik, Kenshi, Tanya

I only played MKD and MKA, but I have grown to love the characters of Mortal Kombat. They have taught me many things about life, like honor, respect and adventure. Their powers are amazing, their costumes are awesome and their fighting styles are epic. If there's one thing I've learned from the Mortal Kombat universe, it's that the way of the warrior is always fought with respect, disipline and presistance. Here are my 5 favorite characters:

5. Reptile. He really brings savagery and an animal's brutality with him in the game. His reptilian moves, like the acid pukes and sneaky rolls/dashes make him a true snake in the grass. And when you hear that voice, be it the MKA low and growly voice, or the MK4 hissing voice, it gives you a feeling of being creeped out and frightened. You instantly think "Lizard" or "Snake" whenever you see this guy. The sword's name also fits the character. Just say it: Kirehashi (The h's give it a very good snake-sounding name). My favorite color is green and I love animals, so it only makes sense this guy is in my top 5. I also like how he can evolve/devolve from a human to a bipedal reptilian monster. The bandaged mask gives him a ferocious look in his MKSM costume. Plus, the fatalities emphasize the animal factor that he brings to the game.

4. Fujin. He's wise, he's calm and he's exactly what you expect a good wind god to be like. He's an excellent role model for teens and kids, and by that I'm talking about his wisdom and patience. The fighting styles are awesome too. I love how he incorperates his wind powers into the game, like making mini tornados, or stripping a fighter of his/her flesh. The crossbow idea in MK4 I didn't really like that much. I like his large ponytail and the cape of his alternate costume is a perfect finishing touch.

3. Nightwolf. I see this guy as a combination of Fujin and Reptile. As a native american, he respects the land and is wise about the spirit, like Fujin. But when he fights, he releases his inner animal and fights like a wolf hunting its prey, a trait found in reptile. I also like the tomahawks, yes, those seem very effective in battle, the uppercuts especially. His rhino charge, spirit arrow and lightning-from-above moves are cool too because you have long, medium and short ranged moves all in one. The reflecting move I don't find usefull because you can just as easily step to the side or block a projectile move. He's the kind of character who's in touch with nature, and I strongly respect that. I also liked how he helped Shujinko replenish the good in his spirit by showing him the "way of the warrior".

2. Havik. Never in my life have I seen a more distinguishable warrior like Havik. He incorperates his view of chaos in his fighting abilities, like his abnormal flexibility and snake-like strikes. The costume is so random and sends a message of freedom and self expression. The morning star is menacing looking too, along with his half-decomposed face. You'd think the flexibility would be a waste of time, but the way he uses it is impressivley effective, especially the torso spin. The neck snap and back bend are good for show, but useful only to replenish his health, and I doubt the other fighter would give you the time to do that. This character really changed my life because it changed my view on the world and opened up a new philosiphy on life. Sure, some order is nessecary, but many people have forgotten that chaos does not meant bad. It's the way the universe works. His fatalities are fun too because he acts like a completely savage animal and shows he isn't afraid to do things that'll gross you out. Bottom line: don't mess with this guy.

1. Ermac. He has always been my favorite ever since I started playing. I'm always entertained by the green glowing telekinetic moves, like the body slam and hado energy. The really gravelly voice and way of communication is very cool too, with reffering to himself as "us" instead of "me". How he screams when knocked off an arena is funny too, like on Sky Temple. I also like his history, like how he was made by a fusion of many souls that died in battle. Even better is that he's a good guy after he broke free from Shao Kahn's rule, taught Kenshi some telekinesis and freed Liu Kang's friends from Onaga's control. The costume is awesome, especially the black bandage mask he has, with just his eyes showing. The axe is a devastating tool too, especially how fluid his moves with it are. I like the way he spins it, chops and thrashes that axe (like the move where he's hits the person like a tree). The telekinetic moves are always fun. I love how epic he looks when performing the telekinetic slam move, or how he floats in the air and kicks the other fighter in the face. This fighter is my favorite and always will be.

I have a feeling that my go-to Tag Team will consist of Noob Saibot and Sub Zero, in MK 9.
Both brothers fighting together again. :)

I have a feeling that my go-to Tag Team will consist of Noob Saibot and Sub Zero, in MK 9.
Both brothers fighting together again. :)

I thought Noob and Smoke were brothers. Well, if not that, then at least close friends. they made such an awesome team in Deception.

I thought Noob and Smoke were brothers. Well, if not that, then at least close friends. they made such an awesome team in Deception.
They were both close friends in the Lin Kuei.
Noob Saibot is the original Sub Zero in MK 1, that Scorpion killed.
The younger brother of Noob Saibot is the Sub Zero that you see in MK II thru MK Armageddon.

They were both close friends in the Lin Kuei.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the younger Sub-Zero there; he and Smoke were buds according to their MK3 bios. I don't believe Smoke and the elder Sub/Noob had any sort of relationship before the latter found the former and reprogrammed him in Deception.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the younger Sub-Zero there; he and Smoke were buds according to their MK3 bios. I don't believe Smoke and the elder Sub/Noob had any sort of relationship before the latter found the former and reprogrammed him in Deception.

You are correct, Older Sub and Smoke had no relation whatsoever.