Where did the story fumble for you?

NerdyJordy

I know a lot of people do like the reboot but there's some who weren't so hot about it, what didn't flow right for you?

- Quan Chi: blatantly being there throught the whole story in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance garb and all was just odd. Sure, have him there but subtly and in the MK4 get up, the tattoos weren't introduced yet.

- Skarlet: We see her, but who is she? Why is she there chained up in the arena, why not Kano? What happened to her following the events of the second tournament?

- Sub-Zero's (Bi-Han) Scar that's introduced in MK3: Where did it come from? Did his capture by the Lin Kuei in the second tournament disrupt that event somehow?

- Mileena: Her retelling was just $#!+, the original story worked fine and I think we can all agree, right? Why erase the history between Mileena & Kitana?

Well, they actually did Mileena's introduction really well. Tell me that didn't send shivers down your spine during the scene where Kitana first met Mileena.

Well, they actually did Mileena's introduction really well. Tell me that didn't send shivers down your spine during the scene where Kitana first met Mileena.
I don't know, it's just kind of a confusing scene. I mean, has everything been fed to her already? Who Kitana is, that she needs to kill her, etc? Having her raised with Kitana just flows better. Maybe Mileena being more identical than just the body would've helped here.

- Quan Chi: blatantly being there throught the whole story in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance garb and all was just odd. Sure, have him there but subtly and in the MK4 get up, the tattoos weren't introduced yet.

- Sub-Zero's (Bi-Han) Scar that's introduced in MK3: Where did it come from? Did his capture by the Lin Kuei in the second tournament disrupt that event somehow?

- Mileena: Her retelling was just $#!+, the original story worked fine and I think we can all agree, right? Why erase the history between Mileena & Kitana?[/FONT]

- Dude if you notice, those aren't the same tattos. Those tattos must resemble something else. And yeah I sure didn't like that he was there. I guess he was working under Shao Kahn but was working for Shinnok on the down low.

- I guess the only explaination for that is that he was marked death but I remeber reading that the scar has nothing to do with being marked death.

- Yeah I didn't like that either. The twin sister story was much more better.

I don't know, it's just kind of a confusing scene. I mean, has everything been fed to her already? Who Kitana is, that she needs to kill her, etc? Having her raised with Kitana just flows better. Maybe Mileena being more identical than just the body would've helped here.
You could argue that it makes it creepier. The idea that Mileena was seemingly programmed to associate Kitana as being her sister and was programmed to kill her.

Actually Bi-Han is the original Sub-Zero. You're thinking of Kuei Liang (codename: Tundra). From what I can find, there are two explanations for his scar. In MK: Shaolin Monks, Kung Lao slashes him with his hat. However, many people completely disregard Shaolin Monks as canon because there are many inconsistancies with the rest of the storyline. The other is in his bio in MK3, where it says after escaping the Ling Kuei they had him "marked for death". Together with his scar first appearing in that game, people assumed this refered to his scar.

I would imagine that, since he doesn't get the scar in this game, the second explanation is the one that is canon. So, since he doesn't escape the Ling Kuei this time, he doesn't get the scar.

*The beginning. Time travel, are you freakin' kidding me? Really?
*Liu vs. Raiden. Retarded.
*Naked Mileena.
*Younger Sub-Zero becoming a freezer.
*Every single bit of dialogue. It was very elementary and cheesy.
*Kabal being Stryker's sidekick, rather than a leader in the Black Dragon.
*Jax losing his arms, rather than voluntarily altering them.
*Jade. She remains unnecessary and insignificant, just like she was in the classic games.

The only part of the story that made sense was Raiden allowing Kahn's invasion, as the invasion negated Kahn's plans. The important thing, however, is that MK 11 is a solid fighting game. The gameplay excuses the terrible story and challenge tower.

Actually Bi-Han is the original Sub-Zero. You're thinking of Kuei Liang (codename: Tundra). From what I can find, there are two explanations for his scar. In MK: Shaolin Monks, Kung Lao slashes him with his hat. However, many people completely disregard Shaolin Monks as canon because there are many inconsistancies with the rest of the storyline. The other is in his bio in MK3, where it says after escaping the Ling Kuei they had him "marked for death". Together with his scar first appearing in that game, people assumed this refered to his scar.

I would imagine that, since he doesn't get the scar in this game, the second explanation is the one that is canon. So, since he doesn't escape the Ling Kuei this time, he doesn't get the scar.

Thank You! At least that one out of the way...

I thought the story was great but I thought the flow between MK1, MK2 and MK3 didnt work as well as it could have. MK1 story was GREAT and MK2 story was good but the MK3 story was WAY too rushed

I thought the story was great but I thought the flow between MK1, MK2 and MK3 didnt work as well as it could have. MK1 story was GREAT and MK2 story was good but the MK3 story was WAY too rushed

I agree, they could have added a couple more chapters to make a better (more detailed) story.

I know a lot of people do like the reboot but there's some who weren't so hot about it, what didn't flow right for you?

- Skarlet: We see her, but who is she? Why is she there chained up in the arena, why not Kano? What happened to her following the events of the second tournament?

- Mileena: Her retelling was just $#!+, the original story worked fine and I think we can all agree, right? Why erase the history between Mileena & Kitana?

for one, the retelling itself was no surprise and felt forced. and the wrinkles they added to get everybody involved just didnt make any sense at all. the fact that they made it seem like all three tournaments happened within a week of eachother was also garbage. the personalities were weak and the stronger characters were made to look like fools. they really tried to make this one like the first movie. problem is ive seen the first movie and it wasnt that great to begin with.

the only story mode thats been successful in any fighting game was konquest in mkda. that one sucked me in. the atmosphere and running into random characters had a mix of elder scrolls and mk rolled all into one. simply the best.

Shaolin Monks is not canon, and its Kuai Liang the SZ with the scar not Bi Han.

His scar was made by someone of the lin kuei when he scaped but like in this reboot was captured and automated he didnt get it.
Also you will say but he scaped anyway and then he was captured, yes, but he appeared with the scar in MK3, and in this game he was captured during MK2, so we can assume that he got it during MK3 events probably at the beggining or maybe at the end of MK2 events but in the reboot he was captured at the middle of the MK2 events so he didnt get it.

I liked his blue scar (i think he had in DA's alt)

I love this reboot what i dont like is tha SZ was replaced with a crappy robot.

First of all Quan Chi was not technically introduced in the first few games but, he was always intended to be a big part of the backstory of the MK universe since Mythologies. He is practically the one who recreated Scorpion so it makes perfect since for him to be there.

Secondly, I don't really like Skarlett right now. Sure I am interested in seeing what her bios may be but, I am not really impressed by her apperance so far. And she just seems to be a pointless character that may not even be well developed and only put in as homage to the old "Red female ninja rumour." She reminds me to much of Kira.

And finally, I like the reintroduction of Mileena. It could have went either way for me, whether Shang Tsung created her thousands of years ago or more recently. When you think about it I think the reintroduction makes more since. Mileena is not a real Edenian so I don't see her living for thousands of years anyway. Also, I think Mileena is telepathically/magically/soulfully willed to believing she is Kahn's daughter.