What is next for Goro?

I didn't even think of fatalities on Goro. That's a weird thought considering he's substantially larger than everyone else. I'm just picturing Kitana's new fatality where she cuts off his hands.

For those of you that don't know, in the Gamecube version of Deception Goro would cross his lower arms when certain fatalities were performed on him. Namely Sub-Zero's head stomp.

^ I hadn't thought of that either tbh. Do you think it will kinda be like fatalities performed on sheeva in MK9 where they only chopped off the upper arms?
Just thinking about how Kano's fatality would look on Goro...
Either way we probably won't find out till we get our hands on the game :/

I'm guessing that Goro will be around Kotal's height. He didn't seem to hunch in his promo scene.

Im all gitty with anticipation to see the outcome of Kotal vs Goro.

Obviously they're not gonna die but i just hope its a brutal fight and not a blowout.

but i give the Win in the Comics to Goro and we will have to see what happens to the Story in the game

Goro will most likely be about the same size as Ferra/Tor. Just picture the fatalities being done on Ferra/Tor and it should be a pretty close representation of how they would look being performed on Goro. That's my best guess anyway.

Im all gitty with anticipation to see the outcome of Kotal vs Goro.

Obviously they're not gonna die but i just hope its a brutal fight and not a blowout.

but i give the Win in the Comics to Goro and we will have to see what happens to the Story in the game
I really dont want Goro to get his butt kicked but I can see it happening to make Kotal look like more of a badass.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I really dont want Goro to get his butt kicked but I can see it happening to make Kotal look like more of a badass.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I don't want Goro to get his butt handed to him either! Goro Finally looks like he is a force to be reckoned with! But i think in the Comics, Goro will get the win, not swiftly but easier than he thought, probably bc Kotal wasn't expecting him to appear. And if we get to see a 2nd fight, that should be a fight that if fought to the last breath.

Goro to me is a character that all characters in the story should truly fear. Characters & Players alike. Raiden and Shao Kahn should hold him in Respect. Thats just how i always thought he should be perceived as, NOT a big muscle bound goon just thrown out to fight. Goro actually has a rich background story that i wish would be explored alil more in-depth!

Damn, I knew it was coming but at the very least Goro still lives. Damn emo Mayan Smurf using Blood magic.

Anybody else think it's funny how Goro's storyline somewhat mirrors his in the old timeline?

Goro, Prince of Pain
Old Timeline: Goro is Prince of the Shokan, General of Outworld's armies, Champion of Mortal Kombat
New Timeline: Same deal

The Bigger they are, the harder they fall
Old Timeline: Goro is defeated by Liu Kang, and goes into hiding.
New Timeline: Goro is defeated by Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Cyber Sub Zero, and bad writing.

An Alliance with the Princess
Old Timeline: Goro allies himself with former daughter of Shao Kahn, Princess Kitana.
New Timeline: Goro allies himself with daughter of Shao Kahn, Princess Mileena.

Make Peace/War, Turning against the Emperor
Old Timeline: Goro makes peace with Kung Lao, and the Centaurs. He and Kitana then wage war against his former boss, Emperor of Outworld Shao Kahn.
New Timeline: Goro kills Kotal K'etz as his declaration of war against his former boss, Emperor of Outworld Kotal Kahn.

At Death's door
Old Timeline: Noob Saibot attacks a weary Goro from behind in the middle of a war.
New Timeline: Kotal Kahn resorts to blood magic to disarm Goro.

So far Goro's story has mirrored his old story aside from two differences. The first is that he receives far less focus then he did before. In the old timeline Goro was glorified as the champion of Kombat and made out to be a huge threat. In the new timeline he doesn't appear during the first tournament except during his fight (Johnny Cage doesn't even know who Goro is moments prior to his bout with Liu Kang), and Shang Tsung claims that he himself is the final challenge which definitely takes away from the Prince of Pain (In the old timeline Shang Tsung attacked Liu Kang because he was upset the Goro lost, and wanted the Earthrealm heroes to pay for ruining his plans). It also didn't help that he kept popping up to get beatdown. Mortal Kombat X seems to be shining the spotlight on Goro more than MK9 did, even if things do look grim for him.

The second difference is that Goro is now far more evil than he used to be with none of his redeeming traits he used to possess. In the old Timeline Goro was more neutral than evil, only allying himself with Shao Kahn because that was the best way to help his people. After being humbled by Liu Kang Goro went into hiding and didn't come out until after Shao Kahn's invasion of Earthrealm failed. When he did reappear Shao Kahn's hold over Outworld was weakening. The four armed warrior not only made peace with the Centaurs and Kung Lao but he became allies with Kitana and went to war with the Emperor. Kung Lao's MK Gold ending really shows that Goro isn't the violent brutish monster that most would peg him for.

Except that's exactly what he is in the new timeline, a violent brutish monster with a warped sense of honor and a mean streak a mile wide. Gone is the character depth that he used to have, that whole brutal but noble warrior prince shtick went to Kotal Kahn, leaving Goro stuck in the role of a villainous monster. While I do enjoy Goro in the role of a villain, I also like the idea of him being a good guy as well. I hope that after this humbling experience he becomes a good guy. Goro's come back from certain death before and he can do it again. I would really like to see him as allies with Kitana again, I mean somebody has to give him a hand.

Goro's come back from certain death before and he can do it again. I would really like to see him as allies with Kitana again, I mean somebody has to give him a hand.

Four to be exact. :mrgreen:

I completely agree with you about the future of Goro. I'm really hoping somebody like Raiden comes along and hooks him up with some kind of magic arm growing potion or something. As long as Goro comes back a good guy, then ill be completely okay with whatever weird story they have for him.

Also, you have a good point about Goro's stories almost mirroring each other. Hopefully that's more points toward a "good guy" Goro.

I would really like to see him as allies with Kitana again, I mean somebody has to give him a hand.

Came into the this thread to make this exact pun. Well... this is awkward.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't see Goro turning another cheek after Kotal humiliated him the way he did. So if we get a redemption arc, it won't be for a while. I'm gonna say that I actually prefer it this way. Same with Ermac being a bad guy in MKX. Although they're both more interesting as bad-guys-gone-good, that's the sort of development that should take time. I don't want it rushed.

And the more set up we have of them being bad before they eventually redeem themselves, the more satisfying/emotional it will be when it happens.

Four to be exact. :mrgreen:

I completely agree with you about the future of Goro. I'm really hoping somebody like Raiden comes along and hooks him up with some kind of magic arm growing potion or something. As long as Goro comes back a good guy, then ill be completely okay with whatever weird story they have for him.

Also, you have a good point about Goro's stories almost mirroring each other. Hopefully that's more points toward a "good guy" Goro.
The last time we had a good-guy Goro, it was completely botched thanks to the decision to include him and Shao Kahn on the GameCube port of Deception just to compensate for GameCube's lack of online play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Not a Bad issue but after thinking about it, does anyone else think it was alil overkill to chop of all his arms?

1 or 2 ok but all 4?

Guess thats what you get when you face Blood Magic

Do you think thats why the trailor has the Goro lives bit on it? Cause I didn't understand why they said it like that.

Do you think thats why the trailor has the Goro lives bit on it? Cause I didn't understand why they said it like that.

It was a reference to Mortal Kombat 1.

"Goro Lives" would flash on the attract screen in arcades.

How will the guy be able to pee? I mean you need to hold it with one hand (LOL)
Goro: Hey fellow Shokan people, do u have a spare hand?

Seriusly though, if he survives and somehow gets his hands back, he has a good chance of realizing how arrogant he was(join the good guys bla,bla,bla) or he could go to the other extreme and seek revenge from Kotal.

Last edited:
Why does everybody think that the Goro from MKX is the one after the fight against Kotal in the comic? I think there won't be any explainations of how he got back his arms because his arms are the ones which were ripped off by Kotal.

By this logic everytime you play as Jade in MK9 she somehow gets a new stomach :D

After seeing Skarlet's "Make It Rain" Fatality of Sheeva, where she grabs all 6 of Sheeva's limbs, I have no issue with NRS customizing MKX arm-based fatalities for Goro.

As for what's next for Goro?
Armless Kombat in the Living Towers? :laugh:

After seeing Skarlet's "Make It Rain" Fatality of Sheeva, where she grabs all 6 of Sheeva's limbs, I have no issue with NRS customizing MKX arm-based fatalities for Goro.

As for what's next for Goro?
Armless Kombat in the Living Towers?
Are you calling Skarlet a stripper?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk